Newport Bay new 4 star status

Started by cjebs, June 14, 2016, 09:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjebs

I've never really shown much interest in the newport bay before as always stayed in the sequoia or above normally.

i have read the newport bay has been upgraded to a 4 star so is next behind the NYH in the listings.

has anyone noticed a major difference in the service since the change? according to the news story the bed linen has been improved to a higher quality and staff are receiving more training.

the pool is now listed as heated where the sequoia pool is not and lots of people have said how cold the sequoia pool can be.

what are peoples thoughts on the new and improved newport bay?

Karen101

I'm going in two weeks so I can tell you first hand when I get back :)

cjebs

thank you the would be great have you stayed there before?

my last stay at newport bay was in like 1993 when the staff were on strike and breakfast was left on a tray by the lifts in a box lol

Karen101

no I haven't stayed there before :)

previous trips were to the SL and hotel Cheyenne which were both lovely :)

we are staying at Compass Club Level, in a family room so I cant wait to see what it is like :)

I do know that there are now hot breakfast options for standard level breakfast, where as previously it was only Compass Club so that is plus :)

I will be doing a full and extensive trip report with pics when I come back as I struggled to find a lot of information about the new rooms etc :) 

MrsRoachy

We stayed at Newport Bay a couple of weeks ago. Most of the refurb is finished, just the odd but still going on such as the boutique. I've never been before so can't compare but the rooms were bright and clean and lovely I'll see if I can find a picture), the staff were really friendly and the breakfast buffet was plentiful and nice. We went in the bar one evening and that was lovely too. We didn't spend that much time in the hotel if I'm honest, too much magic to be had in the parks and village!!

Sugaroo_

Good morning everyone! I'm also eyeing Newport Bay for our next visit. Compass Club preferably, I like the little perks you get.

I work in hotels and gaining a star can be something very obvious such as adding an entirely new service or facility to something subtle like acquiring multilingual staff or adding furniture. Seeing that it is a freshly rennovated hotel the extra star may have been awarded mainly for aesthetical enhancements.

@Karen101 I will be keeping an eye out for your trip report. I'm really interested in hearing reviews in general.

We've only stayed on site once at the Cheyenne and it was great, but the buildings have a lot of stairs and steps with no elevators. As we will be travelling with a baby this time we don't want to have to lift the pushchair especially with a sleeping baby inside. Newport Bay has elevators I assume, at least the Compass Club level? Or do I have to request a specific wing? Thanks! 
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

15stitch

I stayed there last month and was really impressed.  The only building work still going on was the shop.

Everything was clean and fresh and we had excellent service. 

I normally stay at Hotel New York but will definitely return to Newport Bay.  I loved it.
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

cjebs

Quote from: 15stitch on June 17, 2016, 01:57:54 PM
I stayed there last month and was really impressed.  The only building work still going on was the shop.

Everything was clean and fresh and we had excellent service. 

I normally stay at Hotel New York but will definitely return to Newport Bay.  I loved it.

http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/4the-star-for-disneys-newport-bay-club

this was the story i read was quite interesting especially if you are in hospitality  :)

cjebs

i am becmoming more and more convinced of the NPB for next years trip. what worries me slightly is you cannot book Compass Club for next summer no matter what dates i search :(

would this be because other european websites are booking that far in advance yet? it was the same when searching for NYH ESC but GF at Sequoia was fine.

Thoughts?

Karen101

Hmmmm I'm not sure.  I booked compass club for July last October that's all I can tell you.

cjebs

I spoke to someone at disney via their online chat and it appears all compass club rooms have been booked for next summer already.(school hols dates)

they did say however that the current release for the sale is all gone. by this i assume they mean they allocated a certain amount of room for the uk 2nights 2days free offer for next summer.

i would expect more to be released as other countries cant even book online past march next year yet so would be highly unfair for the all the best rooms to have taken already.

Karen101

that's a shame.

I can ask when I am over on the 4th of July if you want me to ??

MattR

Does any of the Disney hotels even have an offical hotel rating at all?

I never saw them advertising stars they are always using mouse shaped keys.

Karen101

im not sure to be honest as far as I was aware the keys equated to stars....

so the Newport bay is a 4 star ... but I cant say if that is official or not.