Jewellery/Special Momentos

Started by ZoeG, June 08, 2016, 01:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoeG

Hi Everyone,

When I go to DLP in August (me, Husband and 5YO Daughter) It will be not only our 2 year wedding anniversary, but our 10 years together anniversary!

So we were thinking that we might just buy each other a special gift when at the park, does anyone know of anything that could be an idea? Also I was wondering where I could get Jewelery. I was there last August but I didn't have a huge amount of spare cash, but I am taking more this year.

Alternativley we may club presents together to buys something cool for the house...we are both pretty big Star Wars geeks haha....

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!

daddyof2

I'd suggest either Merlin l'enchanteur at the castle or the Disney Gallery in the village for special gifts.

Komble

Thought I'd just chime in here...

My trip was special too (celebrating 5 years with my boyfriend) - I got two rings - one that he got for me for one of my gifts, and one which I purchased for myself (I couldn't pick between the two)

They weren't cheap, but unfortunately, 4 months later the silver has started to rub off and the other day I left them for too long by the side of the bath and they went a bit green. It upsets me just thinking about it, so I wouldn't recommend purchasing them yourself (they were cute, though!) If you do get one I suggest you don't wear it too often and it should be fine - I guess I was just careless with mine because I wasn't expecting something I spent a big amount of my budget on to go so terrible.

The rings in question: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBdl8xWxTDK/

billy

im not sure how the jewellery compares in DLP to WDW but my husband bought me mickey mouse earings they are little heads with sparkly jewels, when we were in WDW 17 yrs ago and they are still going strong and have not tarnished :)
We saw loads of jewellery in either the big store as you go in on the corner of main street or the store in the village, but its not cheap about 18€ for small earings, but lovely

Slimy yet satisfying

I suggest getting a photo done while you are there and then buying a frame for it. The Art of Animation in the Studios or Harringtons in the Park and there is a shop in the village that does collectables are your best bets. Not too pricey, easy to transport and totally personal to your special holiday!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

moopmoop93

Me and my partner got a keychain made. It was a glass heart and inside was our picture which was engraved and it lights up. It cost us 30 euros and we got it in the shop under the castle. It comes with a display case and a spare battery as well :) x
Sequoia Lodge - Sierra Lodge Aug 2006
Sequoia Lodge - Montanna Room (upgraded to GFC rooms for free) Feb 2014
Sequoia Lodge -Lodges Feb 2015

ZoeG

Thank you everyone! Lots of great ideas to think about!!  :D

cjebs

there is also a stall/cart in the left hand arcade (if standing at entrance facing castle) that does jewellery , glass stuff and engraving and various other metalworks i believe

MrsRoachy

Quote from: cjebs on June 12, 2016, 07:16:03 PM
there is also a stall/cart in the left hand arcade (if standing at entrance facing castle) that does jewellery , glass stuff and engraving and various other metalworks i believe

I wanted to get an engraved wine glass from there but ran out of time and never went back. It has some really nice jewellery bits too