A million questions all about Star Wars!!

Started by flickmcktur, June 07, 2016, 08:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flickmcktur

Ok so anyone know anything abut what's happening with the star wars characters?
Any chance of a meet anywhere with any of them?
We are going in August and arrive on my sons birthday he's a massive star wars fan and was wondering if there was anything apart form Jedi training?
How hard is it to get a place in the Jedi training? Could it be done without EMH as we wont have that till the following day.
Darth Vader is his favourite so will be awesome to get him up there with him.
All star wars related tips are more than welcome.

daddyof2

There's Star Wars merchandise in the stores including a "build your own lightsaber" in the Disney store in the village (I think that's the only place). From what I know, Jedi training is very popular and is on a first come first served basis. Other than that, with star tours being refurbished, there's not much else

ZoeG

There is a merchandise shop next to Star Tours, which had some things Star Wars in it, which were not present in the Disney Store in the Villiage.

Unfortunately I don't think that there are characters to meet.

I would love to take my daughter into the Jedi Academy, but she is only 5. Though I have considered chancing it as she is exceptionally tall like her Dad haha!!!

flickmcktur

We have been in the merch store a few times picked up some really cool bits, is it still in the round building or has it moved into the arcade yet? Is the Arcade still there my hubby loves the retro games. Was really hoping to ge a cute family pic but oh well.

As for Jedi academy and tips on when and where to book?

samuelvictor

I'm afraid Star Tours is currently shut whilst they get it ready for the upgrade next year. The arcade after the ride which is being converted into a shop is also closed, and I think (though I'm not sure) that Star Traders (the shop next to it) has also been closed.

The "build a droid" and exclusive Star Traders stuff have been moved to the main Disney Store in Disney Village, which also has the "build your own lightsaber" stuff.

AFAIK the Jedi Training Academy is still on in Videopolis.

For your husband there are still some arcade games in Videopololis, Santa Fe/Cheyenne and between the Disney Store and Sports Bar.

flickmcktur

Thank you for the advice on the games. Obviously star tours is close duh was having a moment. Ooh build your own light sabre sounds like a cool activity for my sons birthday. We're getting annual passes and not going till the end of August so X fingers we will get to see the refurbished star tours next time. I was hoping for some random troopers r something. Is there any Star Wars in the parade

onceuponadream

Nothing Star Wars themed in the parade, I'm afraid. I think it's likely to stay that way, to be honest - although they have SW-themed events from time to time, the parade (and meet-and-greets) tends to focus on the animated films (more of the Disney 'classics', if you will).
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

Nicola

There is a new season planned between Jan - March 17 and although star tours will be closed for refurb, there will be a new light show in the studio park that is SW themed and characters also in the studios. As its new I don't know much else but can't wait!!

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/entertainment/season-of-the-force/
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Mitchell

Also, the Star Traders building is being turned into a meet :D
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

YenSidBot

I was so happy to hear that Chewbacca was out and about the other day ! Makes me more and more excited for Season Of The Force . :D ;D :D
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

EmmaH

We visited in Jan-Feb and there is a meet and greet with stom troopers which we did.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

DaisyDuck

Is it true that the light show is only on till end of march and not carrying on thriugh the anniversary year?

Mitchell

Quote from: DaisyDuck on March 11, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
Is it true that the light show is only on till end of march and not carrying on thriugh the anniversary year?
Nope, it ends on March 26th, the stormtrooper meet and greet, the first order march and the Galaxy far far away show will all continue.

Darth Vader will be meeting from then in Discoveryland
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Mr B Lightyear

Hi
I am going during Whitsun, with Season of the force finished are there any Star wars meet and greets going on this season?

Mitchell

Darth Vader is now meeting in Discoveryland.