Pre Trip Report - July 2016

Started by Karen101, June 01, 2016, 02:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zee79

Oh no. My daughter broke her collar bone 3 days before travelling! Her response"mammy is going to kill me!" As if would, I was beside myself.  She adapted fantastic to it, just upset she couldn't go on the 'bone shakers ' as the consultant put it. When we asked him about going he said enjoy. He left it up to Disney as to what she could go on, they never stopped her on any.
You could still swim if you are willing to buy the special cover for broken arms. I've been shall I say lucky in monetary terms because my daughter's breaks have been where they don't plaster them so she's never stopped swimming. All we took with her was medicine in case it hurt whilst there other than that she had a great time there, couldn't tell apart from the empty sleeve dangling from her coat haha.

Karen101

ahhh well at least I know someone else has been in the same boat!

she doesn't even know she is going but she was sooo upset about swimming.  I might look into seeing is there something I can buy to cover it.  She broke it above the elbow so its a full arm cast!

but Disney will still be magical, shes not into the bone rattlers anyway so it should be fine :)

ZoeG

Oh no!!! The poor wee soul!

What a stress for you too! I am sure the Disney Magic will take her mind off it!!

grawns

Oh so sorry to hear about your daughter.  I'm getting excited for you now nearly there

MrsRoachy

My daughter recently twisted ligaments in her elbow and had a full arm cast so I feel your pain! We were given a leaflet from the hospital regarding waterproof cast covers that would mean she can swim with it on. I'm pretty sure she'll soon forget all about it when she finds out where she's going!! Have an amazing time

Karen101

ah its good to know there is something to use for it :)

and yeah im pretty sure she will hahaha :)

and to be honest I had a little look at the list of rides she cant go on and pretty much other than Crushes, they were ones she wouldn't have gone on anyway, and with BTM closed its not a huge loss :)

Zee79

Well after all this talk my youngest has gone and twisted her elbow, bruising her radial head. She hit it off the lane ropes in the pool during training. She has got 26 days to heal  :)

Karen101

Oh good lord what are we like!!! My dd has a return visit to the hospital on Friday and baring a miracle it will be dlp with a cast lol if we get there thanks to the French air traffic control strikes!!

I swear I'll need a glow tini or six!

Zee79

I'm so stressed haha its normally my eldest who does these kind of things. I'll be glad when I'm in Disney enjoying myself. Hope all goes well for you & your daughter.

Vikkilou

Aw no your poor dd  though am sure disney will take her mind off it.   Wonder if the characters will sign her cast!!  I've got 9 weeks to go, just got the boys a stitch lanyard for their reveal goody bag!!
Have a fab time
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

grawns

Nearly there kids must be finished school this week will be hard to keep the secret then. Have a fab time, I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it.

Karen101

My daughter has her end of term party today and then school is out for the summer :)

thankfully we are going to have a busy few days then go on Monday so the secret should be safe!!!

its so close now I can almost smell Disney!!!!

grawns

Karen101

Well we are back with a bang .... I am going to do a very detailed trip report but all I can say is WOW

It was an amazing trip!!

fairymom

Can't wait for your trip report!!

Welcome home :)