Princess pavilion June 2016

Started by Pinkladytracy, May 23, 2016, 03:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkladytracy

Hi, my daughter loves princesses and when we came before we had to queue up at the old mill for a ticket to see a princess, it said it didn't open until 10:00 but we queued from 8:30ish is this the same process now or has it changed? I've seen something about ticket machines? Thanks

ZoeG

Would be interested in an answer to this too. We went in August and queued at the mill, I joined at 9.30 and it opened at 11, had my tickets by 11.15.

When did you last go?  :)

seraphelle

When we went in November they had the reservation (ticket) system in place. However, when we were there last week there was no ticket system and we just queued up normally (sign outside said 60 minutes, but we were in there about 40 minutes, and there was a cast member doing magic tricks for the kids along the queue so the time passed nicely).
I think if you grab a programme from City Hall when you arrive it will tell you what the procedure is in place for during your stay. If it says 'reservations' then I'd go an queue during Early Magic Hours or as soon as you can for a ticket to come back at a later time that day. If not, just jump in the queue when you see a time you are prepared to queue for.

xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

billy

we were there in feb and it was just a normal queuing system like any ride. the sign said 45 mins but we only waited about 30.mins. -girls ate their lunch in the queue so didnt notice the time.
The CM said that the quietest time is about 1.30/2pm we went in at 1.45!

jacmurphy

When we went in march it was the ticket machine system. Queue for ticket for time slot, then come back at time slot and queue again. Is it ticket system in peak times, normal queuing went not so busy? We are going Monday so will find out
May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge

solo_beckett

Regretably the ticket service has been suspended, it's back to queueing. I've been looking over the Paris app and the queues have been 120 to 180 min with a slight dip at parade time.
If your queueing at Emh you'll still have queue for an hour or more and music the smaller queues in fantasyland.

ZoeG

Oh dear haha, sounds like madness! Does anyone know what time it will open at now?

jacmurphy

we have just got back. We visited the princess pavillion 3 times. Queued for 2 hours twice and 1 1/2 hours the final time. the app and outside was showing 90minutes each time
May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge

stifle

Quote from: ZoeG on May 31, 2016, 02:55:54 PM
Oh dear haha, sounds like madness! Does anyone know what time it will open at now?
The opening time varies and will be in the programme which you can collect near the park entrance in the day of your visit :)

Karmaviolet

The pavillion opens at 10am until 7pm at the minute.
When we were there, the queues looked ridiculous, although they were much shorter at the weekend (I guess Frozen singalong was having an impact).   
We had a green pass, but to get a return slot, still had to queue up for 10am - the first day we got there for 9.20 and got a return time of 1.30.  The next at 9.30 and got 1pm.  But for both of these slots we had ended up queueing for 45mins to get the time (though the second day only OH queued, as daughter (green pass holder) had really struggled the day before).  We didn't bother after that, especially as we'd ended up with a repeat of Snow White (who we'd seen in ADC) - we found it very tiring for the children to take them all the way back to the Pavillion, and it meant we couldn't head off for a rest.  Instead we headed straight for Tiana when she opened, and saw her within 10 mins.

When we returned for our second visit, there was someone waiting at the exit for his family, who had been queuing for 3hrs.... despite the outside time showing 120mins...

ZoeG

That sounds a bit much really, doesn't it? I thought the ticket system was good, I wonder why they changed it back again. 3 hours is just too much. And then the worry is you get a repeat.

I think booking the Cinderella lunch might be the way forward for us this year, and I'll just play it by ear on the Pavillion once we get there.

Karmaviolet

They had to change the ticket system as those without EMHs were frequently not getting any chance of getting a ticket, as people would queue for all of EMHs. 
With the green pass, the return slots for those with disabilities were generally gone by 10.30 each morning... again with people queueing most of EMHs to get the earlier times.... Tough going for a disabled guest without EMHs to cross the park and get there, especially if their mobility is impaired.
They really need to get more opportuntities to see princesses across the parks, which would then spread the crowds...

SarahAndSquirrel

We're going in 12 days and while we would love to see some princesses, but we have too many factors that keep us from queuing for even close to that length of time. I'm not even going to mention it to my 3 year old.
First visit to DLP June 2016, time to get planning!

WDW 2012 Disneymoon