Broken Glass, Broken Heart

Started by Ohana, May 23, 2016, 11:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

So we came back from a week away with our parents, and we found that my DLP Chip N Dale glass I got on my November trip has succumbed to the pressure of a falling plate in the sink... I had a bit of a cry because that glass was bought due to the amazing interraction I had with these two guys, so it had sentimental value.

Tom has trawled the web to find a replacement and there is a website that sells it - however it comes up to around £12 in total including shipping! It just seems a bit steep when you consider the glass was a mere 4 euros in DLP... I've obviously never used the mail order service before, has anyone here ever used it and can tell me what to expect? I.E cost of the glass, of shipping, speediness of response and delivery, ease of ordering? Or would it just be easier to splash out the £12?

Thanks guys.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

norhel

Quote from: Ohana on May 23, 2016, 11:03:46 AM
So we came back from a week away with our parents, and we found that my DLP Chip N Dale glass I got on my November trip has succumbed to the pressure of a falling plate in the sink... I had a bit of a cry because that glass was bought due to the amazing interraction I had with these two guys, so it had sentimental value.

Tom has trawled the web to find a replacement and there is a website that sells it - however it comes up to around £12 in total including shipping! It just seems a bit steep when you consider the glass was a mere 4 euros in DLP... I've obviously never used the mail order service before, has anyone here ever used it and can tell me what to expect? I.E cost of the glass, of shipping, speediness of response and delivery, ease of ordering? Or would it just be easier to splash out the £12?

Thanks guys.

I haven't used the DLP mail order service, but why don't you send them an email at dlp.mail.order@disney.com and ask them how much they want to have for the item with all included? You can also give them a call at +33 (0) 1 64 74 48 48. Just remember, don't send your credit card info through email. From what I seem to remember reading about it online, it was fairly easy.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

princesslaura

There's a girl on facebook who does a personal shopper service as she lives near the parks. I think she adds 10% on for herself and then postage costs but I'll try and find the group for you if you want?