€50 for a burger?

Started by Rocketeer, May 16, 2016, 06:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Seems that there's a bit of attention being drawn to a new addition to the menu at Walt's on Main Street. As you can guess, its a cheeseburger for €49.99. Luckily it does come with fries, only nine though..

Seriously, I know Walt's is a high-end restaurant, but what were they thinking?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mickey1980

I'm checking out the menu..
€50,00 for a main. That's without drinks.. Who are they trying to impress?  :o

If these prices are the result of DLP improving their kitchens and ingredients, then give me back the microwaved frozen stuff  ;D

Luckily the Village is gaining a affordable alternative.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Rocketeer

I know they've got to pay down the debts, but charging this much for a small burger and 9 chips is going a bit too far.  ;)

And I agree, Vapiano looks like a great addition to the Village. We need more like it.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

samuelvictor

Excited for Vapiano. Any affordable, high quality food in DLRP is very welcome - especially in the Village area, we prefer to eat there when the parks are closed, rather than "waste" time we could be going on rides and attractions in the parks by eating. We have a similar thing with shops in the parks, we mostly avoid them (Art of Animation, Star Traders, Tower of Terror and the one with Duffy in being exceptions) but spend ages looking round the shops in the Village.

Walt's was already too expensive for our tastes - I've heard the quality is great and I love the theming/look/positioning of it, but until we are millionaires going on looooong relaxed holidays there, I can't see us using it.

Now, the giant burger at Annettes? That was definitely worth the money! (And I got a free milkshake for finishing it!)

Zee79

If you can afford to eat in Walt's or you save to do so & enjoy it then that's what you like because everyone has a preference. We can't really afford to eat in these type of places plus it takes up valuable ride time  :) because I like to enjoy my meal, savouring the atmosphere & would feel I would rush it. Also for the amount you pay for the size portions I personally don't think it's worth it. We are saving our money this year because we have decided to try Inventions, pricey but it's a buffet so feel I will get more value for my money.

I agree with samuelvictor that if I'm going to spend money on a burger then Annette's it is  :)

glenn

Unfortunately Disney are over pricing everything at the moment,the food and the hotel prices.
A lot of people on this forum are looking forward to the new restaurant in the village but with Disney giving half board vouchers with almost every booking you can only use them for Disney restaurants,so you will have to pay to eat there.

samuelvictor

I think for the majority of people booking Disney on a budget, unless you are lucky enough to get free dining with your packages, it works out significantly more affordable to not buy the vouchers. You can eat at Billy Bobs, Earl of Sandwich, McDonalds, and places in Val D'Europe and Paris for cheaper than the daily meal voucher prices - and of course using the Auchan supermarket and prearing your own food is even cheaper.

seraphelle

50 euros!  :o

Is it made of cows that have been fed gold leaf rather than grass?  :o :o :o

Give me my veggie burger topped with avocado in Rainforest Café any day. It's delicious, its cheap(er), and the theming is amazing. Plus get a 20% voucher for King Ludwigs to use too.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DisneyGagaChick

NCC1701Q

The nine fries are, however, put on the plate in a very artistic manner: https://twitter.com/parcorama/status/735226527663718400
:D :o

grovesie

Quote from: seraphelle on May 19, 2016, 01:33:09 PM
50 euros!  :o

Is it made of cows that have been fed gold leaf rather than grass?  :o :o :o

Give me my veggie burger topped with avocado in Rainforest Café any day. It's delicious, its cheap(er), and the theming is amazing. Plus get a 20% voucher for King Ludwigs to use too.

Can't beat the 20% discount vouchers and happy hour at King Ludwigs  ;D ;D ;D

A&S&O

We recently visited Plaza Gardens and were disappointed the the price had gone up by over 10% and the selection / quality of food had gone down.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?