25th News

Started by moebius24, April 25, 2016, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: paterdave2 on July 18, 2016, 12:28:54 AM
Quote from: samuelvictor on July 15, 2016, 06:05:41 PM
Fantillusion won't be coming back as the floats are used for the Halloween and christmas cavalcade/Parade
Who cares? Should just bring out the floats they use for Halloween in that case.

whatsupanders

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on July 19, 2016, 04:06:50 AM
Quote from: msRavenswood on July 18, 2016, 07:32:23 AM
Looks like the rumours about a projection show on ToT are probably true. They were doing some tests yesterday.

I remain cynical, maybe they were just testing projections for some event or party to display a name on ToT?

Surely not, its gotta be something, I dunno what they could do though? Castle sorta fits since its magical and theres all these magical characters on it. What do they do on ToT that would fit? Emphasis on stuff like Star Wars and Marvel, POTC and the other physical movies? Sounds like it could be cool actually.

They have a new Star Wars projection show in Florida, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar type of thing tested out in Paris.

Rocketeer

^It'd be great to have that show transfer over. But is Tower really the best canvas? The Chinese Theater is quite a broad structure, with La ToT only really occupying one vertical space.

Surely it'd make more sense to use the Moteurs village (plus the derrière of the Tower). They could then add other physical effects on the stage.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on July 20, 2016, 05:13:37 PM
^It'd be great to have that show transfer over. But is Tower really the best canvas? The Chinese Theater is quite a broad structure, with La ToT only really occupying one vertical space.

Surely it'd make more sense to use the Moteurs village (plus the derrière of the Tower). They could then add other physical effects on the stage.

This is what I've been saying for a while, they want the Tower to be the centre of this park, the castle of the park and that's why I wholeheartedly thought the GoTG thing wouldn't happen

msRavenswood

Quote from: whatsupanders on July 19, 2016, 05:56:07 PM
Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on July 19, 2016, 04:06:50 AM
Quote from: msRavenswood on July 18, 2016, 07:32:23 AM
Looks like the rumours about a projection show on ToT are probably true. They were doing some tests yesterday.

I remain cynical, maybe they were just testing projections for some event or party to display a name on ToT?

Surely not, its gotta be something, I dunno what they could do though? Castle sorta fits since its magical and theres all these magical characters on it. What do they do on ToT that would fit? Emphasis on stuff like Star Wars and Marvel, POTC and the other physical movies? Sounds like it could be cool actually.

They have a new Star Wars projection show in Florida, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar type of thing tested out in Paris.

According to Disneylandberry (whose reports are mostly accurate) a show similar to the one in Florida is indeed coming to WDS. Apart from projection tests they are also testing pyrotechnics on the ToT facade.

msRavenswood

First look on the 'Season of the Force'

(Source ED92)

polar vixen

eek that looks fab.  i wonder when it's gonna start

msRavenswood

I read that it will probably start in January, but it's unknown how long it will run for.

MickeyAteMyCap

Disappointing. Why just Star Wars? Why not throw in other live-action Disney films too?

stormflm595

I'm really glad that they're finally giving some much needed TLC to WDS and that they seem to be trying to make WDS more of an all-day park rather than one you'd go to for half a day but I can't help but think Star Wars doesn't really fit?

Every Star Wars attraction is currently in Discoveryland so having this in WDS and not together with everything else seems a little random. I think a Marvel themed projection show would work a lot better, particularly since they already have the Spiderman meet and greet there.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

msRavenswood

Such as? Star Was is one of the most popular franchises and it always draws big crowds. Like it or not, it's a money making machine and apart from being a timeless brand, it's once again in the forefront with the new trilogy and the anthology series which will attract a new generation of fans. DLP would be stupid not to seize the opportunity!  ;)

msRavenswood

Agreed about Marvel, but even all the Marvel movies put together can't compete with the Star Wars crazies!  ;D

stormflm595

Quote from: msRavenswood on July 22, 2016, 03:10:48 PM
Agreed about Marvel, but even all the Marvel movies put together can't compete with the Star Wars crazies!  ;D

Haha this is true! Admittedly, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but The Force Awakens blew me away. Went to see it multiple times in the cinema!

I'm definitely more of a Marvel fan so perhaps my concerns are also a little biased!!  :P
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

disneymagic006

Those pictures look amazing. I would  definitely spend more time in the studios to see something like this. Huge star wars fan, love marvel and other Disney live action films too. A mixture would be good.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

Rocketeer

I'm sure the show (DHS) is better in person, but I was a little underwhelmed by it. Although the lightsabre finale was rather good.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney