25th News

Started by moebius24, April 25, 2016, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moebius24

Hello everyone!
I am new and I just want to discuss in a sole topic all the rumors and news about the 25th anniversary of DLPR, particularly:

-Shows and parades: what do we know about new shows and parades for the anniversary? Are some new shows or parades scheduled?

-Is there a chanche that "Fantillusion" (or a night parade of that sort), may appear again for the 25th?

-Is that truth that a new night show in The Studios (similary to the open cerimony of the Tower of Terror) is scheduled?

- What's the future of Dinsney Dreams? Will it be renewed in a way similar to the new "Disneyland Forever" show at Disneyland in California? What's the destiny of the "Christmas Version"? And what about the Halloween one?

Thanks a lot!

Moeb

msRavenswood

I can only tell you about a new parade which has been confirmed by the imagineers who are designing it. I've heard of the rest of the rumours, but it's all speculation so far. Can't wait to see what surprises await us for the 25th!

Rocketeer

Welcome to the forum moeb! :)

As msRavenwood has said, some of the details are very few and far between at the moment. Hopefully it won't be too long before they start letting at least some of the details out.
If I remember right, they have to reveal some of it to travel agents for them to be able to promote the 'big event' themselves. That can't be too far off as we're only 6 months away from them starting to showcase packages for '17.

I have heard rumours of a projection show on La ToT, but nothing about Fantilluision. Maybe they could combine the two? That'd be quite a unique show for the Studios 15th Celebration.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

I heard at first an entirely new parade, then I heard there had been cuts and they would be reusing some elements and floats from Magic on parade as well as some new ones, so no idea really.

I'd also heard of a projection show on the Tower, but with guest flow already an issue in the studios that could be an absolute nightmare, it seems likely that the studios will be getting extended opening hours though for the 25th, I also heard at various times this year that the Studios would be receiving more stuff for Halloween and Christmas next year, we saw more decorations than usual at the Studios this year, so that points to a possibility although not strictly 25th related.

If it is a new parade I hope its nighttime, Magic on parade still looks pretty good and it could last another 5 years for sure. We need a nighttime parade, every other Disney park has one, it makes us look awful in comparison, ideally it'd be Paint the Night (look it up if you haven't seen it, stunning parade) but if the budget was an issue I'd take Fantillusion, heck I'd take the MSEP if we could find some old floats lying around in the various parks, the Asian parks get new parades all the time, any chance they have a few floats lying around? We could hobble together something, a real botched job in true DLP fashion! ;)

nathalie

I believe the Fantillusion floats have been recycled or destroyed after their last run?

MickeyAteMyCap

I really hope they bring back the nighttime parade. There needs to be a parade at night otherwise what is there to do at night before the fireworks?

Zee79

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on April 30, 2016, 10:30:57 PM
I really hope they bring back the nighttime parade. There needs to be a parade at night otherwise what is there to do at night before the fireworks?

Totally agree

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on April 30, 2016, 10:30:57 PM

I miss the nighttime parade  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Rocketeer

Question for you all. Seeings as this is the 25th thread - should there be a separate one for WDS' 15th? Admittedly its unlikely much will be done for this milestone.

Just didn't want to create a pointless thread, if it could be encompassed into this one.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 05, 2016, 04:04:01 PM
Question for you all. Seeings as this is the 25th thread - should there be a separate one for WDS' 15th? Admittedly its unlikely much will be done for this milestone.

Just didn't want to create a pointless thread, if it could be encompassed into this one.
Probably not much point considering that as you said, they probably won't make a big deal of it.

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 05, 2016, 04:04:01 PM

I doubt anything will happen so it seems a bit pointless, though I think the 20th will be very good for WDS!

moebius24

Well I see That my post seems to be a good point for discussions! Very well, I am pleased about That. I also notice That lots of disneyland fans seem to miss a nightime parade as shown in other resorts. I must agree with the people who share this opinion. i have always thought That Disney Dreams is spectacular, no doubt, but even if i know the huge amount of money required for this show, this is not enough to Justify the lack of a 'light' nightime parade. Do u aegree? Enjoy

rebecca20

I miss the night parade in Paris so much - would swap Dreams for a parade any day. I kinda feel like Dreams is a slight money saver for Paris - less cast needed and all that  :(
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

lindavdende

I absolutely loved Main street elecrical parade. Loved the song and even the annoncement.

Rocketeer

Well, according to rumour, there's one sitting in Hong Kong that's not being used now that they have Paint the Night. Why not dust it off and ship it on over?