True-Life Adventures April 2016 Trip

Started by True-lifeadventures, April 21, 2016, 01:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grawns

Thanks guys I love these. I find it odd though as I've only been in DlP during the spring and summer so all the spring fling stuff you've only just seen now I'm used to but next my next trip which is planned for March 17 is not in the spring season so I don't really know what to expect with rain and shorter days. (Our last trip last May hours were 10-23.30).
By the way I love the trivia stuff though I have spent a bit of time in the arcades in the past as I enjoy the peace in them. Would love to see more trivia.

True-lifeadventures

Quote from: headintheclouds on June 11, 2016, 01:29:02 AM
I don't think I'm ever going to get into Orbitron after watching that! You may have saved my dignity.

I took a guided tour so bring on the nerdy details. :)

Haha yeah! We'd never been on it either. It's not the roomiest of rides!
I took that tour as well. it's really good right? Have you taken the Studios one?

Thanks for watching.
Click the image below to visit our Vlog channel

WDW - Sept 2013. DLP - Dec 2013. DLP - Dec 2014. DLC - May 2015. DLP - Nov 2015. DLP - Jan 2016. WDW - Sept 2016

Zee79

I went on orbitron when the kids were a little smaller (so was I  haha) I had a sore knee so couldn't get back out when the ride had finished haha my hubby is 6ft 3 so went in with my youngest & his knees where up to his chest! There is no way I could go in now, going have to send my kids in it together without us  :)

True-lifeadventures

Quote from: grawns on June 12, 2016, 11:31:12 PM
Thanks guys I love these. I find it odd though as I've only been in DlP during the spring and summer so all the spring fling stuff you've only just seen now I'm used to but next my next trip which is planned for March 17 is not in the spring season so I don't really know what to expect with rain and shorter days. (Our last trip last May hours were 10-23.30).
By the way I love the trivia stuff though I have spent a bit of time in the arcades in the past as I enjoy the peace in them. Would love to see more trivia.

I'm stoked you like the trivia stuff. I really enjoy doing that kind of stuff, i just wanted to make it interesting and not too controlled you know?
Yeah we had only really been during the Christmas season so all the other stuff was new to us. I love Christmas there but it does get crazy cold. It's much nicer to be able to be outside and be comfortable.

Thank you so much for watching.

WDW - Sept 2013. DLP - Dec 2013. DLP - Dec 2014. DLC - May 2015. DLP - Nov 2015. DLP - Jan 2016. WDW - Sept 2016

True-lifeadventures

Quote from: Zee79 on June 13, 2016, 11:39:04 AM
I went on orbitron when the kids were a little smaller (so was I  haha) I had a sore knee so couldn't get back out when the ride had finished haha my hubby is 6ft 3 so went in with my youngest & his knees where up to his chest! There is no way I could go in now, going have to send my kids in it together without us  :)

oh dear!! Yeah they really didn't size that ride with adult humans in mind! It's funny though and i'm glad we went on it. Might give it a miss next time though.

Thank you for watching.

headintheclouds

Quote from: True-lifeadventures on June 13, 2016, 09:13:41 AM

I took that tour as well. it's really good right? Have you taken the Studios one?

Thanks for watching.

I haven't taken the Studios tour. I'd definitely consider it for another trip. Have you done that one too?

Loved the Disneyland Park tour. I was the only person on the tour that day. I took the tour while my friend went off to do rides I don't like. I did feel like a total VIP and spent the rest of the trip trying to share my new nerdy knowledge! Really enjoyed hearing about the little details and seeing places like Dapper Dan's and Walt's that I wasn't going to experience otherwise.

True-lifeadventures

Quote from: headintheclouds on June 17, 2016, 01:36:20 AM
Quote from: True-lifeadventures on June 13, 2016, 09:13:41 AM

Thanks for watching.

I haven't taken the Studios tour. I'd definitely consider it for another trip. Have you done that one too?

Loved the Disneyland Park tour. I was the only person on the tour that day. I took the tour while my friend went off to do rides I don't like. I did feel like a total VIP and spent the rest of the trip trying to share my new nerdy knowledge! Really enjoyed hearing about the little details and seeing places like Dapper Dan's and Walt's that I wasn't going to experience otherwise.

We ended up doing the Disneyland Tour twice!! The first year we went and then we went the next year with a load of friends and did it with them! I really liked it. We did the Studio tour then as well but i don't remember a lot of it. Apparently there's a separate tour of TOT but it's only in French  :'( There isn't exactly a lot to see in the Studios and no history or anything so i can't imagine there's a million things to talk about, but getting an Exit Pass to Crush is probably worth the time and money on it's own!

I could spend hours in Walts looking around but it's always awkward because people are eating!

I'll post the last part of our trip up today!

True-lifeadventures

Here's the last one!  :'( But is was DAPPER DAY!!!

https://youtu.be/Q8KgXbPGceM

Thanks for watching everyone. We'll be doing some bits and pieces between now and September when we go to Florida so if you like to see those and the WDW vlogs later in the year, it would be awesome if you'd subscribe? We really appreciate it and all the positive comments we've received.

TTFN!

grawns

For some reason YouTube won't let me comment tonight.  :(
Thanks for the blog and thanks Ethan cos I was thinking I couldn't come up and say hello to you lovely people if I were to run into you in the parks.

True-lifeadventures

Quote from: grawns on June 17, 2016, 10:59:08 PM
For some reason YouTube won't let me comment tonight.  :(
Thanks for the blog and thanks Ethan cos I was thinking I couldn't come up and say hello to you lovely people if I were to run into you in the parks.

Oh really? That's weird. Hopefully YouTube was being weird for a minute.
You're welcome. We'd love to meet people in the parks?! That would be great.

fairymom

Thanks guys I really enjoyed this one.
When are you there over xmas? We will be there so if I see you I'll say hello 🙂

Really looking forward to the WDW instalments as we're going next May.

True-lifeadventures

Quote from: fairymom on June 20, 2016, 03:43:36 PM
Thanks guys I really enjoyed this one.
When are you there over xmas? We will be there so if I see you I'll say hello 🙂

Really looking forward to the WDW instalments as we're going next May.

Hey Fairymom
Thank you so much. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
We're not 100% sure yet, it all depends if BTM reopens in December or January (as the rumours are saying).
We'll probably travel on Boxing day or the day after i should imagine depending on whats happening. If we do please come say hi!! We'll be telling everyone on Instagram and Twitter if / when we do.

I can't wait for WDW!! 93 days and counting!

fairymom

Ah brilliant . We are going Dec 24-30.

I really (REALLY) hope BTM is reopened by then!!!!

True-lifeadventures

Quote from: fairymom on June 21, 2016, 07:53:31 PM
Ah brilliant . We are going Dec 24-30.

I really (REALLY) hope BTM is reopened by then!!!!

Me too! I've heard conflicting things from rumour sites and CMs at the park. Fingers crossed!