Lousy, lousy food in DLRP :(

Started by Mtlchuck, April 20, 2016, 12:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpowl

I do agree with the OP really, I've also had a lot of rubbish 'budget' food in DLP, with only McDonalds and Earl of Sandwich being reliable.

As others have said though, I have had some lovely meals in the buffet restaurants hence why we now only go to DLP when they have offers on for the Standard Half Board meal plan - either half price or free!   I would be loathed to visit DLP again without a meal plan in place because our budget does not stretch to us (a family of 5) eating in the buffet restaurants every night and paying the door price.  And there's only so much McDonalds you can eat!

We found Cafe Mickey was okay (but that was before they introduced the set menu) and the burgers from Annette's have always been nice. 

I think if you got a meal plan and went to the buffet restaurants you'd be much happier.  There's loads of choice and you can also eat healthily because there's always a good selection of fruit, salads and vegetables.

mickey1980

I'm not to keen on buffets. But we always visit Agrabah Cafè on our last day in the parks. As they offer some nice variation to the standard fastfood of which on the 4th day we are sick and tired off  :o

I'm hoping that the new Italian restaurant will bring some affordable food variation to the Village.
There are just to many burger and fries restaurants over there.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Jadzia

Quote from: Mtlchuck on April 20, 2016, 12:46:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the ranty nature of my post, but Ive got to let this out: I have never had a good food experience at DLRP.

Any thoughts and experiences? I think consumer satisfaction would significatively increase by offering good food- at least something relative to what they charge for!

I have to agree with you: I am absolutely NOT persnickety about these things, but I must say that I've never had a non-horrific food experience at DLP. One of my kids even got food poisoning there last year. (Along with another kid in our party; the only 2 sickies were the 2 who had the same meal, and neither of them had a bug or anything like that.) It actually makes me embarrassed to be French! How can you be basically in Paris and turning out such awful food? And at those prices?

We're going to DLP in August and I basically told my husband (who hasn't been there before but loves DL in Anaheim) that it'll be great for his diet. : )

Jadzia

Quote from: nathalie on April 20, 2016, 09:50:09 PM
Agree on those legs.  I feel that's a typical US thing.
And you're still in France in the end.

I feel food is "the same" at basically every amusement park.
I've yet to come across an amusement park, or a zoo, that serves "perfectly" good food, and warm at all times.

There is actually a restaurant at Futuroscope (in Poitiers) that serves molecular cuisine and is AMAZING but in general, I think you're totally right. I guess my beef (see what I did there?) with the DLP food is that it is clearly frozen and microwaved. If that's what you're going to serve, fine. But don't charge me Michelin-star prices for glorified airplane food.

Also, I'm voting in favor of bringing the turkey legs to DLP. French people loooove turkey! You can't get cordon bleu around here (we live in Tours) that ISN'T dinde.

Puffin

I had the Dole Whip in the mean time on our last day at WDW. I don't understand the hype. It's cold and tastes of pineapple just like I expected. I didn't even finish it as it was huge. I read on Twitter it's coming to DLP this or next week. So I'm curious for more opinions. :)
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Samninetysix

I think the time when I felt most ripped off at DLP was Christmas day 2006. We had booked into some Tinkerbell show and were promised a "gastronomic delight" for dinner. The tickets for 3 of us (2 adults + 1 10 yr old) was something like €300 before any discounts. The show was good even though we were shoved right over to one side of the conference centre in NPB and right next to the service door so had waiting staff rushing past us. That bit we didn't mind quite so much as when our "gastronomic delight" appeared .............. Parmentiere - or as we call it in the UK cottage pie, this was it, this insipid little pile of minced whatever and mashed potato, you could even see the shape of the bottom of the container it had been cooked in, I would have said microwaved but you tend not to microwave on a large scale in commercial kitchens so it was more likely done in a Rational oven or the like.

Our daughter also got food poisoning on the same trip from Blue Lagoon, we were woken to projectile vomitting a la Exorcist.

girlinleeds

Just came back yesterday and need to sit and write a complaint. I've never eaten at inventions and was so looking forward to it, it was chaos. The food was nice but there was a 15 minute que just to get to it, I didn't expect to pay all that money and then have to que for so long everytime I wanted anything to eat. My 7 year old is egg allergic and had a reaction to the safe food,  for dessert  the only option they could give was fruit (she could have had sweets but they ran out and never topped the up in the time we were there) I just feel it was a waste of money, if it was like this of peak I dread to think how it would have been at peak time