somebody stop me.....

Started by 15stitch, April 20, 2016, 11:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

15stitch

....from booking another trip in December.

I'm off to DLP in 11 days and I'm going to WDW next year, but for some reason I woke up this morning thinking I really want to do Disney at Christmas again.

My DS starts school next year, so this will be the last year I can go out of school holiday time.  His birthday is in December and I've just priced it up and can get 5 days at the Cheyenne for £291 and separate flights with easyjet for just over £100! 

I'm supposed to be saving for WDW.....so I really shouldn't ....but I really want to!
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

Samanthad

I know the feeling! Last week I booked up for 5 days at Christmas at the Santa Fe... We only went last month and are going again in the summer... then we have a disney druise booked for 2017. I am nuts...and soon to be very poor!!!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

onceuponadream

Do it! We went last Christmas and are going again this year. It's meant that we've had to do a bit of scrimping and saving (no more eating out or takeaways for us), but we've booked and I can't wait!
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

15stitch

you are supposed to be stopping me not encouraging me  :D
1995 WDW (offsite)
2004 WDW (offsite)

daddyof2

Nothing we say can really change your mind.
Can I hijack this thread to ask why you chose the Caribbean Resort for next year and what you thought of the Grand Floridian?

15stitch

Quote from: daddyof2 on April 20, 2016, 01:01:51 PM
Can I hijack this thread to ask why you chose the Caribbean Resort for next year and what you thought of the Grand Floridian?

Of course!  I could only really afford a moderate this trip and really liked the look of CBR.  Plus my son loves pirates and the pool theming looks great.   I was originally looking at a pirate room but everyone said that they are a long way out so not to.

The Grand Floridian was amazing.  It is a stunning resort and I couldn't fault it.  I'm not sure I would stay there again however.   I'd love to try wilderness lodge or Polynesian if spending that sort of money again. 
1995 WDW (offsite)
2004 WDW (offsite)

daddyof2

Quote from: 15stitch on April 20, 2016, 01:13:12 PM
Quote from: daddyof2 on April 20, 2016, 01:01:51 PM

Of course!  I could only really afford a moderate this trip and really liked the look of CBR.  Plus my son loves pirates and the pool theming looks great.   I was originally looking at a pirate room but everyone said that they are a long way out so not to.

The Grand Floridian was amazing.  It is a stunning resort and I couldn't fault it.  I'm not sure I would stay there again however.   I'd love to try wilderness lodge or Polynesian if spending that sort of money again. 

Yeah, the Caribbean Beach is a huge resort. I'm thinking of going to WDW in 2018 and Grand Floridian is on my short list haha

Sly_Racoon

Do it!

We went 3 times in the year leading up to our daughter starting school.  Now we can only go once every 2 or 3 years with the increased costs of school holidays time only.

twentythingamabobs

Do it! We were at WDW last Summer, then DLP last Christmas, just got back from DLR last week, will be at DLP for Halloween and Christmas this year then WDW next year! Do it, do it, do it!!  ;D Can never get enough :)

daddyof2

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on April 20, 2016, 01:32:31 PM
Do it! We were at WDW last Summer, then DLP last Christmas, just got back from DLR last week, will be at DLP for Halloween and Christmas this year then WDW next year! Do it, do it, do it!!  ;D Can never get enough :)

Haha and where are you staying next year? There's too much choice!

twentythingamabobs

Ah we won't be staying onsite, we find WDW's DAS is a bit of a nightmare for us so will probably only be visiting each park for one day each! I don't think I actually could choose a place to stay if we did do onsite though - I loved the look of the beachy area that was near the Studios (I think? or Epcot, my memory is shocking)