Tips for going alone with 4 year old

Started by sue81, April 05, 2016, 09:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy

just one other recommendation for when your in the park, take your own snacks as if your 4 yr old is anything like my 5 yr old when she gets bored she wants food so we took cereal bars, chewy sweets and mini choc bars/kitkats so whenever the queue was long i always had something for her to munch on to pass the time  ;)

mlopezsa78

I really reccomend to you to book a private transfer. I usually book on shuttledirect. It´s cheap and good service. So, the car driver waits for you at the airport, it´s no stressing situation like the bus or train, and deliver you and your lugagge at the kyriad. The bus and train arrives only to the marné la vallée station, so you will take a taxi there (more money and charging suitcases and children...)
Before booking anything else, please check the website of this shuttle.

Samanthad

If you are taking a pram I cannot recommend these enough http://www.hamsterbags.co.uk/

They are bags especially designed to go on the sides of the pram, they distribute the weight so that when little one jumps out the pram doesn't tip, it also means you can load up the handles etc if you need to! You can get loads in them and we got them the colour of our pram so they are really discreet and can leave them on the pram (obviously with non-valuables - such as a change of clothes, snacks etc) when we are going around the park and leave the pram in the buggy park areas. If you do need to, you can easily unclip the bags and they turn into a carry pack/satchel. They have been an absolute lifesaver for me and I take them every time I go to the parks. When they aren't filled they fold up really tiny, so you can put them inside your carry on luggage without compromising on the 1 bag rule.

Another tip depending on your stay would be to take hand luggage only, as then you don't need to lug a suitcase around. A soft carryall suitable for hand luggage with a large strap can be handy/easier than a suitcase as you can get a lot in them and then hang it over the pram handles freeing up your hands to push the pram, it also means you can sling it across your body and carry it on your hip/back if you need to fold the pram down, so you still have your hands free. If you are loading up your pram, you might want to consider buggy weights too, but you can leave them on your pram even when it goes into the hold so you don't need to worry about carrying weight (literally) around!!!

Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

piratewag

Hi I am also travelling next month with my four year old daughter. Recently become a single mum. We are staying at Davy crocketts ranch and I will be driving down. Bit nervous but have driven in France lots of times so should be okay. Good to know there are a few other single mum's about! :D