DLP as a single parent with two children

Started by Samantha84, April 17, 2016, 04:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samantha84

Hi,

I couldn't find any other threads for this but I apologise if I am duplicate any existing ones.

I am looking for any tips anyone has for the parks. I will be travelling on my own with my 7 year old and 8 year old. We are flying into CDG so thinking private transfer for ease to Santa Fe where we are staying for 4 nights. I have visited once before with my ex husband so has no issues with rides then but really hoping that I will be able to do most of the rides as the 3 of us.

I would so grateful for any advice you may have to make my life easier when there.

littlebitofpixiedust

I think as you've been before you'll be pretty clued up. Most rides you'll sit together but some you may need to separate or sit behind one another.

I'd defiantly do the private transfer to make life easier, the Santa Fe is walking distance but you have the shuttle bus if you'd prefer that option I rather not as it gets busy and crowded.

Pre booking your meals is an idea so your not wandering around its 2 hungry children and unsure where to eat? If you'd like character dining then defiantly book prior to your visit you can do this over the pond with Disneyland Paris dining reservations (we do this every time to avoid disappointment)

I think you'll be just fine hope you enjoy your visit!

Samantha84

Thank you. I have booked lunch with the princesses and The Wild West show already when I booked the hotel and I went for the half board plus option so will call ahead to book the places we want to eat. We loved Cafe Mickey previously and I hope to do that we can do it on our first night to start the magic.

whatsupanders

Not sure when you're going, but there'll also be a new Toy Story puppet show at The Lucky Nugget from mid-May. The food in there isn't that expensive compared to the other table service places.

littlebitofpixiedust

I can't wait to try the lucky nugget saloon!

Cafe mickey is good but if your budget allows try inventions in the Disneyland hotel they too have characters it's a buffet and a bit more than cafe mickey but personally I think worth it! It's a quieter atmosphere too but pre-book this if you'd wish to visit I didn't once and didn't get a reservation

stifle

Yes Inventions is only about €10 more than Café Mickey nowadays and it's a much nicer atmosphere not to mention better and more food.

billy

we visited inventions when we went for my husbands birthday and we didnt have the girls with us and we really enjoyed it there were different characters and plenty of them however since then we visited cafe mickey with the girls and we found it much better as it was table service rather than buffet so it meant the kids choose quickly and could spend their time with the characters rather than going back and forward to the buffet. i would choose cafe mickey every time now especially with the girls