jedi training academy

Started by Dizzymel, April 06, 2016, 09:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzymel

Hi all! We are going on our 1st trip to Disney land in august with our boys aged 5 & 9.....my 5yr old is star wars crazy and would love to take part in the jedi training.....dies anyone know how strict they are on age as it's advertised for 7-12yrs......He will be devasyed if his big Bro can do it and he can't!  Any advice greatly appreciated!  :D

billy

They are quite strict about it as I tried to get my  nearly 6 year old daughter in and they said no! :(
hopefully you will have more luck if he looks older than his age you could try saying he is about to turn 7!

Dizzymel

Thankyou for your reply Billy :) Such a shame the age requirement isn't the same as Disney world! I bet your daughter was upset :(! Don't think my little one will pass for nearly 7.....my oldest is 9 but looks so much younger so may have problems getting him through.......may just avoid it......wot they don't know they won't miss hopefully. Do you know if there are star war characters meet and greets?  :D

rebecca20

If you can get them to confidently tell the CMs they are 7 then I think you would be in with a chance... seen younger children blag their way in before!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Dizzymel

billy

unfortunately no i didnt see any star wars meet and greets, sorry.

CitrusZing

I've seen Darth Vader in Discoveryland before.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Zee79

Quote from: Dizzymel on April 06, 2016, 10:13:28 PM
Thankyou for your reply Billy :) Such a shame the age requirement isn't the same as Disney world! I bet your daughter was upset :(! Don't think my little one will pass for nearly 7.....my oldest is 9 but looks so much younger so may have problems getting him through.......may just avoid it......wot they don't know they won't miss hopefully. Do you know if there are star war characters meet and greets?  :D

I don't think there has been star wars meet n greets for quite some time. The last time I met any character from star wars was when the park first opened. Got a great big hug from Chewbacca. He was fab! Darth Vader was walking around 'scaring' people.

Dizzymel

Thankyou everyone :D! I am learning so much from this forum.....it's fab! Even got myself a ticker if I have done it right

Dizzymel

Yay! It worked......just got to place it better next time!  ;D

leo93

My oldest will be just under 2 month off 7 when we go. He's big for his age and very good at pretending he's still 4 on the bus here so i think he would follow along with saying he's 7. Wondering if we should go for it he would love it.

rebecca20

Quote from: leo93 on April 08, 2016, 06:52:06 PM
My oldest will be just under 2 month off 7 when we go. He's big for his age and very good at pretending he's still 4 on the bus here so i think he would follow along with saying he's 7. Wondering if we should go for it he would love it.

100% go for it. 2 months off is nothing especially for someone who's tall. If the worst comes to the worst and they ask you to bring ID just don't go back at your time slot!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Thaliel

Just remember to arrive as early as you can, before they even rope off the queue. People are starting to wait during EMH, so you might even have to skip breakfast for a day to even have a chance.
<-Plz click

leo93

Quote from: rebecca20 on April 09, 2016, 03:16:56 PM
Quote from: leo93 on April 08, 2016, 06:52:06 PM

100% go for it. 2 months off is nothing especially for someone who's tall. If the worst comes to the worst and they ask you to bring ID just don't go back at your time slot!

Thanks i'll think we'll go for it, he's just started to get into star wars lately so i think by then he'll be well up for taking part.

Suspit

Hi!  I am also going in August.  My son would love to participate in JTA.  I am looking for advice on getting him signed up.  The queue starts forming during EMH now?  Does the child have to be present like at Hollywood Studios?  Any advice on the process would be appreciated.  We only have 2 mornings for EMH, so I kind of hate to squander one of them if not needed.