Complaint help DLP

Started by Oreo, April 04, 2016, 07:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

Hello all,

I need your help.

I have an ongoing issue with Disneyland Paris which I'm trying to resolve before our honeymoon trip in June.

We booked via a travel agent and everytime we try to speak to Disney they refuse to talk to us as we booked via an agent.

I really don't want to go into detail about my issue as it may seem trivial to some.

My agent has advised my issue is with Disney and I fully agree however they have tried to raise the issue with them and they are also getting ignored.

My emails are now being ignored and I have no other way of contacting Disney regarding this issue.

I have even tweeted them and have been ignored.

Can anyone advise who I should contact or alternative give me the name of the CEO of Disneyland Paris in order for me to try and locate some contact details for them.

I appreciate your help with this.

stifle

Disney are correct, your booking and contract is with the agent and the agent needs to forward on your issue, whatever it may be.

rebecca20

The issue is without knowing the problem I can't really say who's at fault i.e. disney or the travel agent. (Just as an FYI I'm a lawyer and have had several issues with travel companies and travel agents). Disney may be correct in that it is the travel agent who is liable (they would never say they are hence your issue).

I've always had a response from DLP.SERVICE.RELATION.CLIENT@disney.com without needing to go further to their legal department.

The CEO of Disney, Tom Wolber, will definitely not reply it'll be one of his minions.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Oreo

Thanks all.

The long and short of it is that we booked our honeymoon nearly 2 years ago now.

Since then a lot of attractions and rides are closed (which I understand is a risk we talk when booking).

However the price for the same trip is now significantly lower than what we originally paid. This added to the fact our trip is significantly reduced due to the above has not gone down well.

The price of the trip is the same with our travel agent however lower on disneys own website.

All I wanted was to feed this back to Disney however there refusal to even talk to us has made me somewhat angry and determined to get a response from someone at Disney.

As I say quite trivial to some.

It's more the fact they have ignored the emails as I know they've been read as I have received read receipts.

Thanks again

Lavi

I suggest to "Let it go" and enjoy your wedding and honeymoon.

rebecca20

Cancel with your travel agents and rebook with Disney seems the obvious solution?

It's not Disney's fault, as you have mentioned, its the travel agents that are planning to charge the same price regardless of Disney's offers.

Disney can't really do anything to 'refund' you because you don't have a direct contract with them (depending what your paperwork says).

I think the issue is that the travel agents are trying to pin the blame on Disney when it's really their fault that their prices are higher!

What I would suggest is checking how much the cancellation fee is with the travel agent and then just rebook with Disney directly, obviously considering cost.

Since one major disaster holiday which resulted in Thomas Cook being taken to Court (they paid and we got the holiday and refund ;D) I've always booked direct since as it's less hassle when things go wrong.

♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Oreo

Quote from: rebecca20 on April 04, 2016, 08:40:38 PM
Cancel with your travel agents and rebook with Disney seems the obvious solution?

It's not Disney's fault, as you have mentioned, its the travel agents that are planning to charge the same price regardless of Disney's offers.

Disney can't really do anything to 'refund' you because you don't have a direct contract with them (depending what your paperwork says).

I think the issue is that the travel agents are trying to pin the blame on Disney when it's really their fault that their prices are higher!

What I would suggest is checking how much the cancellation fee is with the travel agent and then just rebook with Disney directly, obviously considering cost.

Since one major disaster holiday which resulted in Thomas Cook being taken to Court (they paid and we got the holiday and refund ;D) I've always booked direct since as it's less hassle when things go wrong.

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately we cannot cancel without loosing all the money given that were less than 14 weeks away.

The money would not be an issue by itself however given that there are a large number of attractions unavailable means we're not getting the same value for money we were when we originally booked.

I won't be booking with a travel agent again in future and hope that i don't have an issue while I'm there as it seems Disney don't want to know either.

Thanks again for the advice I think I might try on last time with the agent and then leave it be.

Thanks again

billy

unfortunately these things happen and there is no way to get a refund as the agent generally says tough!.
I booked flights back in September for a trip i took last week which were booked directly with the airline, they changed my flights drastically and then advertised them cheaper but there response was that they would not increase the price of my flight but neither would they reduce them...sometimes you just have to suck it up, its the joy of booking early!
i suggest you stop worrying about the money and the closures and go and  have an amazing time if you keep worrying about it it will ruin your honey moon! even with the closures there is loads to do and make sure you tell everyone your on honeymoon as you may get a few extras...it worked with us in florida when we went on our honeymoon!

15stitch

I think you need to accept that these things happen and go and have an amazing time!

There is still loads open and a few closures shouldn't affect the quality of your stay at all.

Prices unfortunately go up and down and travel agents will always unfortunately tend to be more expensive.

Please don't let it ruin your honeymoon and stop trying to get a response from Disney as you won't.  They are right - your contract is with the travel agent.
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

rebecca20

I have to say Disney possibly would have offered something in the form of compensation if you had booked directly and so far in advance (probably would let you change the dates - they were good at letting me do this due to illness).