Santa Fe or Cheyenne?

Started by Cork girl, April 03, 2016, 12:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cork girl

Hi gang, not sure if I'm doing the right thing in separating out my questions so sorry if I'm wrong!

Looking at booking one of these hotels, we have three boys and they are Cars fans so the obvious choice is Santa Fe but whenever I've been onto the tour operators they suggest that Cheyenne would be their preference.

Looking for advice from anyone who has been to one or both.

CitrusZing

Hi.

I have stayed at both Cheyenne (2014) and Santa Fe (2012). I would pick Cheyenne out of the two. Cheyenne has a better theme and it feels better. I love the Wild West theme to it and the fact that it often smells of wood smoke which adds to the atmosphere.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Cork girl

Thanks CitrusZing, good to know! Love he idea of woodsmoke smell, sounds so cosy!

CitrusZing

2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:

Cork girl

Very handy site there! Thanks a mil.

Karen101

We stayed in the Cheyenna and loved it :)

However the only thing to keep in mind that currently ongoing this year and into next year is that the hotel is being renovated ... So there will be works going on etc ...

Something you might want to think about before booking :)

CitrusZing

Quote from: Karen101 on April 03, 2016, 02:12:13 PM
We stayed in the Cheyenna and loved it :)

However the only thing to keep in mind that currently ongoing this year and into next year is that the hotel is being renovated ... So there will be works going on etc ...

Something you might want to think about before booking :)

Good point Karen, I had forgotten about that.
Upcoming:

Cork girl

Oh good to know! Thanks for the heads up!

rebecca20

I would personally say if you have children that are Cars fans that Santa Fe is the only way to go...

I haven't stayed in the hotels but just to compare it to my holiday in Florida - I wanted to stay at the Polynesia Resort because that's the hotel where Stitch is and he's my favourite. I could have stayed in the Grand Floridian but the idea of the theme means so much more to me than facilities. It's why I prefer Sequoia over Hotel New York and Newport and probably even DLH, it's just so lovely being Bambi themed.

I know some people will say that's weird but just my opinion.

Also consider the bunk beds vs double bed choice :)
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Cork girl

Thanks Rebecca, good point, I need to think of the boys really. Not pushed on the bunks versus beds, we have both at home and can go for either. I can see us all fitting in fine in one room, boys toros and tails in the beds or bunks and us in the double...makes me want to invite my parents!

rebecca20

Quote from: Cork girl on April 03, 2016, 07:42:38 PM
Thanks Rebecca, good point, I need to think of the boys really. Not pushed on the bunks versus beds, we have both at home and can go for either. I can see us all fitting in fine in one room, boys toros and tails in the beds or bunks and us in the double...makes me want to invite my parents!

I just thought telling them they're staying in the 'cars' hotel would add to the excitement.

One of my earliest memories is staying in the 'big pink hotel' so it's little bizarre things that stick - I can't remember anything else from the holiday besides the hotel room!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Cork girl

That's adorable and so true!

Sulley15

We stayed at the Cheyenne last year, myself and missus like the themes but when we arrived and saw Santa Fe we thought we made a mistake. The kids loved the theme, the bunk beds and my daughter was crazy about woody and jessy.

I would say the rooms are probably better in Santa Fe as Cheyenne is being gradually renovated in the EEP for the 25th anniversary.
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

Ohana

I stayed in Santa Fe last year and really liked it, it exceeded my expectations for sure! The traffic cone lamps are just so cool haha. I was going to do Cheyenne this year but decided against it due to refurbs, but I do really like the exterior theming :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

littlebitofpixiedust

Santa Fe and Cheyenne are similar, I've stayed in both many times! But with the Cheyenne you have bunk beds and a double. And in Santa Fe it's two double beds. The breakfast in both is exactly the same aswell there's not much difference than the theme and the bed situation.

The Santa Fe is probably where I'd pick out of the two right now because of the Cheyenne having renovations (it is in need of this) the theming of the Cheyenne is probably the most immersive of all the Disney hotels. It is great, but if you have Cars fans then I think Santa Fe is the way to go. Once the Cheyenne is renovated we'll be going for a re-visit.