BTM alternatives?

Started by Dinosaurs, March 31, 2016, 08:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the most intense?

Indiana Jones
Space Mountain
Crush's coaster

Dinosaurs

I Love BTM. Its everything I love about roller coasters minus the things I don't. (I really hate big drops) since BTM is going to be closed while we are there next month I am thinking about going on Indiana Jones as an alternative. I personally love inversions so the loop isn't what I'm worried about its the drops. Can anyone tell me if the drops on Indiana jones are bad? In a POV video they look more like exaggerated dips than drops but POV videos can be deceiving.  ;) Also I've heard that Indiana Jones and space mountain are similar rides physically is this true or is SM more intense than Indiana Jones? since I cant see the space mountain track its impossible to gauge whether or not the drops will be too intense for me.  :D
I know I'm weird, I love the feeling of flying you get on coasters and cant get enough of it, but I can not stand the falling sensation of the initial drop.   :-[
Thanks for the help! :) :D

stifle

SM does not have big drops so no need to worry on that count. And it's launched so doesn't have a big "initial drop". It is really bumpy though, so if you do go on it make sure you press your head back all the time. And Indiana Jones is mostly what you call exaggerated dips.

SmileyRach

There is also crush's coaster in the Studios although it does have very long queues it is a good ride and from what I can remember the drops aren't that bad however it does depend on how you feel about going backwards as the turtle shell turns around so that you are going backwards at parts  :)
Trips to Disneyland
Jul 1999 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2002 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2005 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2008 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2011 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2012 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Mar 2015 – Day trip with school
Jul 2015 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Feb 2018 - Newport Bay Club - Compass Club - 21st Birthday

[/url]

Dinosaurs

Thanks for the help :) The tallest coaster I think I've ever been able to tolerate was colossus I think it was called at Thorpe Park, but even that the initial drop is pushing it. :)
It seems with crush people either love it or they hate it. ;) I'm in the too nervous to try it camp.

ChipandDale99

If you've been on colossus then I'd say you're pretty much okay to go on them all. My stomach flips very easily so I don't go on tower of terror. Indiana Jones drops aren't high just a bit sudden if you haven't been on it before/for a while. I'd say crushes has the biggest drop but still not nearly as high as colossus. Also rock n roller coaster has no drops just fast (very fast) launch, loops and turns.

rebecca20

Where is the drop on Crush? I honestly can't recall one and I've been on it 5+ times...

♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Dinosaurs

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on April 01, 2016, 09:16:09 AM
If you've been on colossus then I'd say you're pretty much okay to go on them all. My stomach flips very easily so I don't go on tower of terror. Indiana Jones drops aren't high just a bit sudden if you haven't been on it before/for a while. I'd say crushes has the biggest drop but still not nearly as high as colossus. Also rock n roller coaster has no drops just fast (very fast) launch, loops and turns.

I cant do dead drops either! Its that "stomach in my throat" feeling that is not enjoyable. I wouldn't go on tower of terror even if Disney paid me. (okay maybe if they paid me, but it would have to be a lot lol) I love coasters though so I do (sometimes) muster up the courage to endure the drops on smaller coasters so I can enjoy the coaster post drop :) I don't think the aerosmith coaster will be open when we visit but if it is I might give it a go.

Lavi

I feel exactly like you. I rode Crush and it's fast and spinning, it's fun and no drops! So I encourage you for Crush.

ChipandDale99

Quote from: rebecca20 on April 01, 2016, 01:03:32 PM
Where is the drop on Crush? I honestly can't recall one and I've been on it 5+ times...

As it gets to the 'roller coaster' part. You go up and the first thing that happens in the big room is a drop. Makes my stomach flip every time (but not too bad)

rebecca20

I have honestly never noticed a big drop on Crush. Maybe it's because you're spinning so much you never notice it, I will however, get the plans and track layout so I can see where it is for next time so I make a mental note to actually notice the drop.

I felt the same about ToT but because it was the only ride I had never ridden in the history of DLP I decided to go for it in October, I was literally bricking myself. Once on it's not that bigger deal! It's one little drop followed by a slightly longer drop. I don't understand why people are so scared anymore - everyone needs to go for it and face their fears ;D
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

ChipandDale99

I found this on the dlp you tube channel. It's the part straight after the incline. It doesn't drop straight down and I may be exaggerating as I do have a very sensitive stomach (it flips on road bumps) but I went on all the roller coasters in February and I think it has the biggest drop.

[attachment deleted by admin]

rebecca20

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on April 01, 2016, 10:44:25 PM
I found this on the dlp you tube channel. It's the part straight after the incline. It doesn't drop straight down and I may be exaggerating as I do have a very sensitive stomach (it flips on road bumps) but I went on all the roller coasters in February and I think it has the biggest drop.

I guess there is quite a big drop after all. For me I think because there's so much going on, the sensory overload distracts me ;D

fairymom

I always notice the drop on Crush and I've only been on it twice, lol. It's the first thing it does before it all goes a little crazy!
I neither love nor hate Crush. I'm in the "a little bit scared but not too scared to ride it with my kids" category. Same with RnR and ToT.

On the other hand I LOVE BTM and hate SM

Karen101

My daughter will be 7 in May and we are going in June .... Do you think she will like Crush? We never managed it last time, we did do ToT with her, she was 5 and she insisted - daredevil child I have - and she enjoyed it and she love BTM which won't be open sadly when we are there ...

I was thinking Indiana jones and space mountain would be a little too much since they go upside down am I right ?

She is very tall for her age so that won't be the issue :) I just don't want her terrified haha

stifle

I've been on them all. Crush's Coaster feels a lot faster and is unpredictable because of the spinning. I would rate it as higher on the "thrill" scale than Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril or Space Mountain: Mission 2. Whilst it does not have inversions like those two, the track does rotate up to nearly 90 degrees.

It's a pity Rock & Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith isn't available when you're there, as that's the next step up in my point of view. RC Racer is worth looking into too.