Tips please

Started by disneylandparisgirl, March 26, 2016, 04:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneylandparisgirl

I'm going with my family for our 9th trip in a week this time it's for my mums birthday and she LOVES character meets and so does my sister. I've always felt kind of awkward and never really sure what to do.

I'd be very grateful for any tips on how to interact with the characters. I always see advice that says the more you put in the more you get out but I never manage to progress much further than a hug, mostly due to having no clue what I'm supposed to do  :-\
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

norhel

Those times I've met a character I've just play a long on what the characters do.
Or for example ask if they had a nice day, ask Mickey where Pluto is, or just try to make som fun in some way.
The characters are often good to make up some fun.
Just my two cents.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

littlebitofpixiedust

Just chat to them even the fur characters, they interact back. When I saw goofy in inventions restaurant I asked him what food he liked he took me to the buffet and pointed out the desserts rubbed his belly  :) then pointed at the veg and started shaking his head and stuff. I've had some great character interactions often thy mess wit my hair and just have fun! I always ask if they're having a good day, on Valentine's Day I asked Minnie if she was out with mickey later that evening she nodded and done a little dance in her valentines dress. There are currently lots of meets and greets going on at DLP probably the most I've seen over the years so it's a great tie to visit!