Attraction closures

Started by Bettyboop25, March 24, 2016, 10:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bettyboop25

How can you take so much money from us and close  9 major attractions, several smaller ones and then two others broke after we queued for more than 30 mins.......6 major eateries closed and princess lunch and dinner fully booked for next three weeks......not acceptable....four very very disappointed granchildren who have looked forward yo this trip for months.......cone on dlp get your act yogether ....mainitainence is acceptable but not for this many attractions at same time.... :-[

polar vixen

disappointing yes however these closures have been advertised for months,  on the disneyland Paris website when booKing it warns attractions are closed during your stay.  as for pricncess lunch.....again unfortunately almost always booked up well in advance which you're travel agent should inform you of. it's really sad you weren't still able to enjoy tge disney magic. 

bad-pink-tink

Bettyboop25

All the information about the closures is well publicised and is freely availble to check on the Disneyland Paris website. There are many Twitter and Facebook pages which post regualr updates about the rerufbs and what is closed.

The restaurant closure lists are also published online. and can be checked well in advance of your visit.

Dining Reservations can be made up to 60 days before your visit. The Princess lunch and dinner are very popular and should ALWAYS be booked at 60 days, especially if you are going during peak times.

Its not fair that YOU blame Disney when YOU are at fault for not doing proper research and for not making Princess reservations in time.YOU are the one to blame for disappointed grandchildren, not Disney Get your act together and plan properly and you wont be disapointed
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

cazspence

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on March 24, 2016, 11:07:32 PM
Bettyboop25

All the information about the closures is well publicised and is freely availble to check on the Disneyland Paris website. There are many Twitter and Facebook pages which post regualr updates about the rerufbs and what is closed.

The restaurant closure lists are also published online. and can be checked well in advance of your visit.

Dining Reservations can be made up to 60 days before your visit. The Princess lunch and dinner are very popular and should ALWAYS be booked at 60 days, especially if you are going during peak times.

Its not fair that YOU blame Disney when YOU are at fault for not doing proper research and for not making Princess reservations in time.YOU are the one to blame for disappointed grandchildren, not Disney Get your act together and plan properly and you wont be disapointed

Couldn't have put it any better myself.👍🏻
It's not right when others blame Disney for their own mistakes.

Ohana

To be fair when I booked via Disney the operator first told me of all the planned closures and asked if I still wanted to book. I was sceptical before my first ever visit about all the closures but in all honesty it didn't matter at all, the magic was still in the air and it was great fun :D
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Puffin

Please remember, not everyone is as dedicated to the Disney Parks as we are here on this forum. And they shouldn't be. Disneyland (and this forum for that matter) is a place for everyone, both the hardcore fan as the casual visitor.

I don't think you can't blame people for not researching a DLP trip months in advance. Sure it's better to do so and maybe they will next time they visit. But to be honest on my first trip to DLP I didn't know anything about the park, its closures or how to make a dinner reservation. If on that visit 9 rides were closed for refurbishment, I would've been disappointed too.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

glenn

I think some people on this forum are a bit quick to criticise people who complain about disnetland Paris because
they think everyone should check up things in advance
I went in September 2015 and I knew about the ride closures.but the rivers of the far west were advertised to be closed on a certain date but was closed two days earlier.
I checked what restaurants I wanted to eat in,but when I was there only one table service restaurant was open and only two counter service restaurants.
In the village the steakhouse was closed two of the days I was there for corporate do,s.
None of this was published on the Disney site.
I have been going to dlp since1994 and it now is the poorest I have known it to be.

Zee79

When I booked my holiday last June for this July I specifically asked if the hotel Cheyenne was going to be refurbished because I knew it was due & i was told no! Then end of July came & low and behold it was announced the Cheyenne is getting refurbished. Also when we went new year 2014/15 BTM was closed for our entire stay yet it was not scheduled.
It annoyed us but we didn't let it spoil it.

Lindsayv1977

We knew their was a lot of closures and still wanted to go but if you had t been before, booked online and had no advice you'd be pretty disappointed there was so much closed. There was very little open in frontier land and adventure land. Not everyone knows how to check these things. Didn't matter to us as pass Holders.
It'll be better in the end but I finally think they should put mini prices rather than magic on while so much us closed.