Buffet Advice

Started by 15stitch, March 15, 2016, 11:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

15stitch

Hi,

My 3 year old and I are off to DLP in less than 7 weeks time  :)

For some reason this trip I am really struggling with deciding on restaurants!  I've got the half board plus plan and know I definitely want to go to Blue Lagoon (my favourite restaurant in the world not just in DLP!) and hopefully Walts if it is still on the plan!  I'm also thinking of possibly going to Silver Spurhouse.

However I'd like to do at least one buffet dinner.  Where would you recommend?  I ate in Plaza Gardens last year and it was a bit of a nightmare.  It was so busy and we didn't really enjoy it.

Are any of them a bit smaller where you can see the food area from your table?   Ideally I don't want to have to drag my son up to the buffet all the time, but I'd like to be able to keep an eye on him when up there.   Any ideas?

And another question, I'm going to get an ADR for Blue Lagoon and Walts, but would I need to bother for the buffets do you think?  We are going in May.

Any thoughts/ advice is welcome! Thank you  :)
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

stifle

All of the buffet restaurants have some tables where you are within sight of the buffet; just ask the CM nicely when you are being seated if there is one available.

Of the buffet restaurants I've been to, Parkside Diner is the smallest and most likely to be able to give you the kind of table you're looking for. It's also that bit quieter because it gets less passing trade due to its location.

Booking a reservation is advisable ("ADR" is Walt Disney World Resort terminology; there's no special name for them in Paris) even for buffets, as it will reduce the amount of time you have to wait if it's busy. If you're calling to book other restaurants you may as well do the same for your buffet.

15stitch

Quote from: stifle on March 15, 2016, 02:12:35 PM
Booking a reservation is advisable ("ADR" is Walt Disney World Resort terminology; there's no special name for them in Paris) even for buffets, as it will reduce the amount of time you have to wait if it's busy. If you're calling to book other restaurants you may as well do the same for your buffet.

Thank you!  I've planning a Walt Disney World trip for next year and I'm getting confused with my planning/ terminology! ha ha

I almost called Plaza Gardens, The Crystal Palace in my initial post!  :-[
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

billy

the only buffet we ate in was at our hotel Sequoia Lodge and it is small enough for the kids to go off and get their own food without a problem, and its really nice food!  ;)

bad-pink-tink

I ate in Restaurant Des Stars in Studios in February, its a buffet too. And yes you can see the food area from the seating area. I went after 3pm and it was very quiet, most people eat there between 12 and 2.20pm
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016