Hotel Near St Pancras

Started by Shouls Does Disney, March 09, 2016, 03:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shouls Does Disney

Hi!

We're going by Eurostar this time. Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby?  We're thinking about one of the Travelodges as there aren't too extortionate.

Thanks!
WDW
Offsite at Rosen International - Nov/Dec 2013
Rosen International and Caribbean Beach - December 2014
Rosen International and Caribbean Beach - November 2015
DLP
Sante Fe - May 2015 
Newport Bay Club - 2016

rebecca20

I've only ever stayed in the St Pancras hotel or Pullman. Both expensive unless you can find a good deal.

Pullman was my preferred out of the two and I always stay there on any trips down to London now. Best breakfast I've had in my entire life!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

twentythingamabobs

Hi,

I've stayed at the Travelodge King's Cross many times for work - it is really handy but is is REALLY rough and can be quite scary as the beggars around there are so full on. So maybe's not a great start to a Disney trip!

rebecca20

I must say I have never seen one beggar at the Pullman but they have door men.

Just as an FYI - if you have or set up an accor hotel account (for free) you can usually get a good amount of money off. Last time I got a room and breakfast for £117 for two people.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Karen

We always stay at the Premier Inn, Theres a couple nearby and are both fine to stay in xx

moopmoop93

We always stay at Travelodge Royal Scot, normally pay around £50 per room xx
Sequoia Lodge - Sierra Lodge Aug 2006
Sequoia Lodge - Montanna Room (upgraded to GFC rooms for free) Feb 2014
Sequoia Lodge -Lodges Feb 2015

polar vixen

have you considered leaving from a different station?  ebbsfleet for example?  Travelodge it's about ten minutes away and parking id's cheap and secure

Ajiira

Oh no, we are booked into the travel lodge is it really that bad??

Samninetysix

We stayed at the Alhambra Hotel in Argyle Street. It's literally across the street from St Pancras. Small but clean hotel with a great breakfast which set us up for the trip to DLP.

simbamad

I have stayed at the premier inn and Travelodge mentioned already, they are in a really great location of the station and didn't have any problems with beggars etc. Also their is also a Nando's 30 seconds away from the premier inn, which would take a couple of minutes to walk to from the Travelodge.

I would happily book either of these again and plus you can get cash back on the Travelodge if you book through quidco.

twentythingamabobs

The hotel itself is fine and totally safe! I stayed there loads of times over the past winter.  It's just I've seen the same 2 beggars around there every time I've gone and been shouted at for not having any change. I might just have been unlucky  ??? It really is a handy hotel.

dencarter

Quote from: welshraz on March 09, 2016, 03:14:36 PM
Hi!

We're going by Eurostar this time. Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby?  We're thinking about one of the Travelodges as there aren't too extortionate.

Thanks!

I'm afraid I can't hep with specific hotels as I live down the road from St Pancras so I've never had need to stay in one, but I would say that whenever I book hotels anywhere I usually shop around a lot and go with the best value options. Lastminute.com and Hotelopia.com are good sites.

Also, just because you're travelling out of St Pancras, you might consider a hotel elsewhere in London. Are you arriving in London by train? Into which terminal?

Shouls Does Disney

Quote from: polar vixen on March 10, 2016, 10:41:30 AM
have you considered leaving from a different station?  ebbsfleet for example?  Travelodge it's about ten minutes away and parking id's cheap and secure

No car, so it really has to be St Pancras. Thanks though.
WDW
DLP
Sante Fe - May 2015 
Newport Bay Club - 2016

Shouls Does Disney

Quote from: simbamad on March 10, 2016, 12:53:55 PM
I have stayed at the premier inn and Travelodge mentioned already, they are in a really great location of the station and didn't have any problems with beggars etc. Also their is also a Nando's 30 seconds away from the premier inn, which would take a couple of minutes to walk to from the Travelodge.

I would happily book either of these again and plus you can get cash back on the Travelodge if you book through quidco.

Thanks.  Is this Travelodge Euston?
WDW
DLP
Sante Fe - May 2015 
Newport Bay Club - 2016

CitrusZing

I've stayed at the Travelodges at Eustion and Kings Cross several times and have had no problems.

I would love to stay at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, but nearly £250 and upwards is a bit too much for 1 night before our Disney trip. They do a lovely afternoon tea there.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).