Disney Express

Started by 15stitch, March 08, 2016, 08:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

15stitch

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes for your bags to get from the station to the hotel?

The Eurostar is due to get in at 2 and last year my son & i went & had lunch in the village before checking in at 3 at the hotel. I'm pretty sure our bags were not there yet, but they dropped them off to our room quite quickly & then we went off & enjoyed the parks.

This year we are staying in Newport Bay & I'm hoping to do the same, but don't want to be waiting ages for our bags.

Plan B is to head to the parks & then come back to the hotel latest afternoon to check in etc.

Essentially I'm trying to avoid checking in/ sorting out bags late at night with a tired little boy.

What do other people do?
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

stifle

I always carry my own bags over so I can't help with specifics but the service is provided for people who are going to spend the afternoon in the parks rather than to save you carrying them across yourself, so you should expect it to take a few hours.

haribosmum

My sister in law and family went into the park for an hour, checked into hotel and was told bags would be with them after 4pm but then went back into the park till after dreams so don't know what time they actually arrived.  You can check in without your luggage and go see room, get breakfast times etc.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Magic_Liv

Hi,
For the last 2 years I've been on the euro star that gets in at 2 and I've gone into the park for a couple of hours getting back to sequoia for around 4.30/5ish and my bags have been there already. Hope this helps  :)

littlebitofpixiedust

I guess times can vary depending on hotel occupancy?

We waited such a long time for ours once, now we book Disney express for return only and take our luggage ourselves straight to hotel and check-in when we arrive. You only pay per room rather than per person as well, we do this with the hotel concierge and I think it's €12 or around there.

Disney express is brilliant especially if you want to go straight to the park, but where my son is unable to walk we go to the hotel so he can have a stretch before returning to his wheelchair.