How many nights?

Started by SamHood, March 02, 2016, 01:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamHood

I am planning our first trip hopefully for May or June 2017 for 2 adults & 3 children aged 6, 5 & 2.

I would take the children out of school probably the end of June to go mid week in the hope it wouldn't be too busy!

Can any recommend or share advice of going with young children and if 3 nights is an alight time to go for? I had thought of 2 nights but think that would be too rushed, we are on a budget .  I am not fussed with getting "everything" done and I know the kids will be exhausted with all the walking so will take a pram or rent one there.

We are early risers so no issues being up for breakfast at 7am, and would be staying onsite and flying to CDG.

billy

We have just been for 5 nights with two kids aged 5 and 11. If you are going to see the characters be prepared that you may find yourself waiting anything from 1 hour to 1.30 hours for the big characters such as mickey and minnie and the princesses so this will take up a huge chunk of your time. we found that our 5 yr old was exhausted and ready for dinner at 7 and then straight to bed and we werent going at a really fast pace either.
i would say you need a minimum of 3 nights but that is my personal opinion.
i hope it helps.

15stitch

I definitely wouldn't recommend going for less than 3 nights if it is your first time and you have young children.

1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

Mushu_Stitch

I can't remember where I read it but somewhere I saw it said that you should allow 2 days for the main park and 1 day for the studio park and from experience that's definitely a good estimate.

I've always allowed a bit more time than that for doing all the favourites multiple times and to also allow time wandering around the Disney Village. In my opinion you could easily spend half a day in the Disney Village looking through all the shops, especially since World of Disney was added. That place is so beautifully decorated inside you can spend ages looking at that alone.

Personally I think 4days/3nights is a comfortable amount of time to get everything done without being too rushed off your feet.

polar vixen

bear in mind you may lose a lot if you're first and lat day to travel time.  cheaper options may be if you can to drive and stay at DavY Crockett especially if you book at a time when there's free break plan and if driving you could take a lot PhD good with you.  we've found this generally halves the price of our holiday. ...do we can stay twice as long😉

andrewuk

Definitely 4 nights for your first time. You'll have so much to pick up on and experience the wonder of seeing for the first time, and little ones in tow will slow you too.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

DisneyGagaChick

Seen as it's your first trip to Disneyland Paris, I would suggest 3/4 nights. Sometimes they do offers where you will get an extra night or two for free.

naisworld

We have always stayed onsite for 4 nights, which is perfect for us (my boys are currently 1 and 5). You loose a lot of time travelling on the first and last day so at least you get 3 whole days in the parks! X

haribosmum

I've done 3 nights and 4 nights and would say 4 is best.  we went for my 8th visit in half term and still didn't do everything (and that is with having disable access to rides so limited waiting). 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Solle

For our next trip to DLP we will have a 6 night and 7 days. It Will be fine for os. We are 4 adults and one child at 10 year old on our next trip.
My trip:
July 2003
September 2011
July 2017

rebecca20

Personally I have managed to get everything (literally every open ride and characters) done in two full days but thats two adults and a 8am-8pm stint using fastpasses and knowing what queues are quiet and the best way round to do things.

With children I do think 3 or 4 nights is preferable as different children will want to do different things so it's tricky to get everything done. The advantage is some of the longer queue rides won't be suitable for young children so I suppose you could get things done faster.

♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Karen101

for us i find that 4 nights 5 days works.

we arrive before lunch on the 1st day, and leave on the evening of the 5th we have been lucky with flights :)

since we are going in July the parks are open late so we can take time outs during the day to chill out.