More Cars attractions?

Started by Kristof, August 10, 2006, 06:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Laughingplace has a very short message about the addition of Cars attractions at one ore more Disney parks.

Quote from: "Laughingplace"Iger Mentions Cars Attractions
During The Walt Disney Company's earnings conference call, Bob Iger said you should expect to see Cars based attractions at one or more of the Disney theme parks.

The Butlin Boy

Sounds interesting, I wonder what type of ride/rides will be used?

Anthony

Hmmm I wonder what parks might get a Cars attraction?  There's only one place I can think of, that seems to be working hard to get a full set of Pixar attractions... DCA!

I guess Cars/Route 66 themeing would (just about) fit quite nicely into the California themeing too.

Only other alternative would be a Cars overlay of the US Autopias.  WDW's could do with something nicer themed, and I guess a Cars theme would fit ok next to Nemo's Sub Lagoon in Disneyland.  Maybe Tokyo could use it too, since they're getting Monsters in their Tomorrowland.

Phew, Pixar really is taking over now.

penfold12

well, seeing as they appear to be pushing ahead with cars attractions before the rummoured incredibles attraction, even though the film was released after the incredibles, and did not perform as well, i wouldnt be supprised if it was an overlay of an existing ride. semms to help explain the speed with which its being green lit. Even the WDS is an overlay of an existing ride really.

TowMater

Wow, Since Cars has been in cinemas in the UK, Pixar is going more faster than Disney animation movies.

Or maybe John Lasster (Pixar Director) wants Pixar to be in all Disney parks I guess.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century