Our magical stay in the Disneyland hotel 13-17 February

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, February 19, 2016, 05:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

This was the second time staying in the DLH and I think we forgot just how beautiful it is, it's charm the closeness to the park was great considering the cold!

In our party me, mum, my little boy (7) my friend and her two children (10/15) first timers. My friend didn't tell her two where we were staying we just walked into the hotel and she then said "we're staying here" her youngest almost cried as she'd always wanted to stay at "the pink one" but her son was hoping for the New York hotel! Can't please them all!

We checked in around 3pm the wait was quite long, but we got our room keys second floor not far from breakfast/shop. View was great, we could see the earful tower! And Disney village! Very pretty at night.

One surprise was we were told we had to have breakfast at 7.30? When I'm used to breakfast at DLP at 7, not sure why it starts later there but it does. Breakfast consists of most the foods you could possibly want and we were full until 3/4pm so didn't have lunch, we just had a small snack around 12 then an early dinner each day.

I'm not going to report day by day, we covered every ride/attraction in DLP that was open. Ratatouille was crazy busy every day but we managed to ride twice as we arrived before 10am and went into fast pass/disabled entry as it opened. I was really sad Animagique is now closed! But we loved forest of enchantment over in Fronteirland!

We also went on the Nautilous attraction in Discoveryland for the first time (never done this before as my son in wheelchair) I assumed it was only step access.. Silly me! Well now I know there's a lift!

I bumped into DLRPFANS as well I think this was on the Saturday or Sunday I said hello and that I was a fan, and asked where Jordi was  :) he said Jordis going next weekend! They were leaving phantom manor as we were going in the disabled entrance.

We done our first character brunch on Valentine's Day, it was amazing! We met Duffy, Minnie, Pluto, max, stitch, chip and dale. I also got a rose to keep! My son finally met Sully in the studios which was amazing! And also the Genie! 2 of his favourite characters! He met prince Naveen and princess Tiana and even kissed her!

It truly was magical from start to finish! I didn't want to come home, I mean I never do! But this time it was so good I felt like time has literally disappeared it went that quick, but then again as they say time always flies when your having fun!

[attachment deleted by admin]

bad-pink-tink

great report, getting excited now, Im off on Tuesday, also staying in Disneyland Hotel, my first time :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

littlebitofpixiedust

Your going to love it! They even took our luggage to our room we did tip him he was lovely  :)

Lavi

I'm happy for you, for such a lovely time you had!

I admire you for being such a dedicated, loving and caring mother for your son.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Lavi on February 19, 2016, 06:16:13 PM
I'm happy for you, for such a lovely time you had!

I admire you for being such a dedicated, loving and caring mother for your son.

That's really kind, I try my best like all us mummy's and daddy's do  :) I'm currently REALLY missing Disneyland.... Our trip was totally amazing. Considering some rides were down, it was very cold too! It goes to show that any day at any time of the year at DLP can bring happy times. It's truly the place dreams are made!