Meet and greets when it's raining?

Started by jellybaby, February 17, 2016, 01:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jellybaby

We leave in a few weeks for our trip, and am very excited to see that there's a number of meet and greets on during Swing into Spring. I'm just wondering though, for the outdoor meet and greets, do they go ahead as normal if it's raining, or are they cancelled? Thanks :)

stifle

DLPWonders (Banned)

They'll still be outside.
I've met plenty of characters in the absolute pouring rain.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

rebecca20

They generally try to move them under cover somewhat - like not inside but put up brollies or will place them under shop coverings etc.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

billy

thats good to know as it is due to rain next week when we go!

jellybaby

Thanks everyone. Hopefully it won't rain so I won't have to worry about it on our trip  ;)

naisworld

If it's raining the characters will usually move under cover, although you may still have to queue in the rain. I got absolutely soaked a couple of weeks ago waiting in line so my son could meet Genie! X

PrincessKirsty

I went a few weeks ago and really wanted to meet Alice and Hatter. Unfortuantley it was pouring down so the cast members told us they wouldn't come out in the rain but the Tweedles, White rabbit and the queen of Hearts came out to meet instead! and Peter Pan and Wendy came out in the rain but they stood under the cover of chalet de marionette facing skull rock!

rebecca20

For obvious reasons its trickier for face characters as if their makeup comes off you could be facing major issues!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

petals

When I was there it was raining one morning and Genie, Pluto, Captain Hook and Smee were all out on the Adventureland/Frontierland side of the park.

sunshine1

Weather was rubbish yesterday and there were hardly any characters meeting due to the heavy rain.

The only ones i saw greeting were alice, abu, jafar, scrooge and chip and dale during the bad weather.  There may have been more but i didnt see them.

But when it stopped for a while and the sun came out they brought Marie out even though her scheduled meeting time was finished.

On the flip side because there were hardly any characters out that after forest of enchanted 1.40pm show they brought out Baloo and King Louie for a quick meet and greet. I was so happy! I left the show and turned the corner and saw the pair of them. I ran to the line and was lucky as i was the last one in before they closed it.

I was there monday-weds this week. I knew that Tuesday was gonna be a dry day so i got all my character meets done then as i knew weds would be rubbish.

Just follow the weather when you go and get your meets done when the weather is good.

billy

shame you had such bad weather sunshine, while we were there end of Feb we saw the show twice and as it was a saturday they did the same thing after the 12:40 show and brought out balou :) unfortunately we were running to see Rapunzel so missed them  :'(

sunshine1

Quote from: billy on March 10, 2016, 01:54:57 PM
shame you had such bad weather sunshine, while we were there end of Feb we saw the show twice and as it was a saturday they did the same thing after the 12:40 show and brought out balou :) unfortunately we were running to see Rapunzel so missed them  :'(

Thats cool. Maybe they do it sometimes regardless of weather.it is just luck if you are in the area at the time when they bring them out.

Anima Eason

We are going later this August I hope the weather would be perfect so that we can all enjoy this once in a lifetime trip :)