Anyone going to Disney on 11th Feb first time driving, tips needed and free HB

Started by kje7488, February 03, 2016, 01:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kje7488

Hey everyone! I'm going to Disney for first time in 15 years and taking my 4 yr old son, I don't know whose more excited me or him 😄😄

It's the first time were driving to Disney staying in a hotel by Disney or Paris on the Thursday night to see Paris then got 4 nights 5 days in DCR free half board.

Any tips for driving and no idea what to budget for food

Also anyone on the 9.25 ferry 11th Feb from Dover would love a travel buddy ?

Sulley's Arms

Hi

You should find the drive down almost pleasurable, certainly compared to our roads, LOL. You'll need to pay the Tolls on the motoryways; it's approx 21euros each way.

You can pick up your park tickets from the DCR reception the evening before your first day in the parks, so you can go straight to the parks in the morning, even though you can't actually check-in to the hotel until after 3.

If you've got half board included then you shouldn't really need to budget all that much more for food.  Staying at DCR means you'll be able to prepare a decent breakfast for yourselves.  If you then make up some baguettes, etc. for lunch plus some snacks you should be ok until your main meal!

We won't be on the ferry with you, but will be driving down ourselves on the Sunday morning!  Can't wait...  :D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

Sulley15

If you use the toll road and don't want all the loose change drive to the card machines. You get a better exchange rate which would be roughly the same as paying in cash.

I drove to one by mistake, then my missus getting annoyed at trying to speak French and in the end it was quicker. On the other hand some stretches of road can be a bit bumpy. Rush hour traffic would be one to watch, cars crossing across the lanes and bikes driving either side on the lines with there indicators flashing.

When you search your route, stay off the ring road around Paris... It's the French m25! I was stuck for 2 hours  :'( :'(
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017