Hotel Cheyenne - breakfast

Started by DisneyM79, February 02, 2016, 12:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyM79

We will be staying at the Cheyenne for 4 nights with breakfast included, can anyone please tell me what food and drinks they offer? it's all buffet isn't it?

mmmmm pastry.....lol!
'Have Courage and Be Kind'

lovindisney87

Yep we stayed there last week and yes its buffet help yourself. You have croissants, pain au chocolates, little bread rolls, cheeses, hams, fruit salad, cereals, jams, marmalades, nutella and bread next to a very slow toaster. That's the main stuff food wise, then in where you sit down to eat you have drinks machines either end of the room that you also help yourself to, this has apple juice, orange juice, milk, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and a few other hot drink options I cant remember

It gets very busy in there so my advice would be go early, we went for 7am and were there just as they opened gives you time to get your food and drinks and sit down before the rush. Hope you have an amazing time  :D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

DisneyM79

Thanks! sounds good!!
Not sure we'll make it there by 7 but will try our best lol!

Do you just find your own empty table? or will someone seat you?

Can you just show up each morning what time you like? or book a time the night before?

What time is breakfast served until?

'Have Courage and Be Kind'

Karen101

It's was lovely :)

When you check in you have to pick breakfast slots for each day... Get down early cause it does get very busy.

I think breakfast finished between 10 and 11 ... But I'm not 100% on that ..

And when I was there in 2014 you just found your own seat once you got through the que.

lovindisney87

:D Yeah you just seat yourself. You get asked at check in what time you want breakfast, I asked for 7am each day and the card said 7-8am, unsure what tine it finishes. You take your card each day down to the restaurant, a cast member takes your card and you walk straight into where the breakfast buffet is, grab your trays and food and out the other side to the seating area where you grab yourself a table. Like I said it does get very busy in there at times and can be a bit of a bundle trying to get round.  :D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

stifle

Quote from: DisneyM79 on February 03, 2016, 12:12:45 AM
Thanks! sounds good!!
Not sure we'll make it there by 7 but will try our best lol!

Do you just find your own empty table? or will someone seat you?

Can you just show up each morning what time you like? or book a time the night before?

What time is breakfast served until?
Find your own table after you've got your tray of food.

You normally book all your breakfast times when you check in but if you have a long stay you will probably get the first 5 days when you check in and need to go back for the rest, as they reuse the tickets which are marked by day of the week. The tickets give you a one-hour time slot such as 07:30-08:30 or 08:00-09:00, but you are not compelled to use the booked time and you can in fact come whenever you like. In theory if it is very busy you may be asked to wait whilst they take in guests who are there at the right time.

Breakfast service in principle ends at 10:30, though in reality it's nearer 11.

Less busy times include around 07:45 and 09:45, as guests start to head to the parks.

Despite the Chuck Wagon Café seating 750 guests, it gets amazingly busy at times.

Ohana

The cubes of cheese are my downfall at Disneyland, I could eat my own body weight in them :D that and Minute Maid apple juice!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

rocker

Whilst all the above comments are accurate, the quality of the food there isn't great.  It's OK & there's nothing wrong with it as such but when I stayed last year, I gave it a miss on the last two days as I'd grown tired of how busy the hall was & the fact the food offering was the same every day.

A&S&O

When you check in, ask if you can have breakfast in the park. They sometimes do that if the hotels are busy.
The food is the same (usually held in Plaza Gardens), but you can do the rides while it is quiet, then have breakfast when it gets busier.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

grovesie

Quote from: A&S&O on February 04, 2016, 11:53:34 AM
When you check in, ask if you can have breakfast in the park. They sometimes do that if the hotels are busy.
The food is the same (usually held in Plaza Gardens), but you can do the rides while it is quiet, then have breakfast when it gets busier.

We did this a few years ago. Did EMH then had breakfast in Plaza Gardens towards EMH end. saves getting up really early for food or walking back for food

andrewuk

I tried to sort this out on check in last May but the receptionist didn't know about it and said we needed to go to the other desk, which had a queue. We weren't in the mood to wait any longer so thought better of it and went to our room. Shame as it would have been nice.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne