Princess Pavillion - changes to Meet and Greet with Aurora

Started by haribosmum, January 22, 2016, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

I saw a post that mentioned a trial for the Princess Pavillion to be a meet and greet with Aurora/Sleeping Beauty only, not the other princesses.  The latest park schedule has been published today and shows this happening after 26th January.  Any ideas how this is going to work?

I'd be surprised if there were more than one Aurora as it might spoil the magic especially at the end when you can see the photos.  I know this obviously works for Mickey as you go into different rooms, but the character looks the same in a photo whereas even my 6 yr old mentioned that the snow white we'd seen previously was different.

Any more details on how long this trial is for?  The original post I saw was on Facebook and in French.  We would really like to be able to see the other princesses - Rapunzel in particular if possible.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

DLPWonders (Banned)

They block off the screens at the exit where you can see the photos.
They did that with Anna & Elsa too during Christmas season 2014.
Of course there's only one Aurora (character integrity ;)), but yes both rooms will be used.

It's a 4 week trial: 2 weeks with ticket system and 2 weeks without ticket system.
So the first 2 weeks you just queue at the Old Mill and get your return time ticket from a machine.
And the second 2 weeks you just queue at the entrance of the Princess Pavillion.
The trial ends at March 4th, so that with the start of Swing Into Spring on March 5th it's back to normal again.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

haribosmum

Thank you, I couldn't work out the logistics!

We go in 3 weeks time (14th Feb) so will fall into the non ticketing period.  We should have a Priority Pass (as long as everything the same as previous years) so am assuming we'll use the exit as we have before.

In a way it helps set expectation and hopefully we will be able to see Tiana and Merida on their meet and greet spots.  I guess we'll just have to wave at Rapunzel on the parade.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

PrincessKirsty

So will I be affected by this, going January 28th? would love to meet Aurora there if it means other princesses will be around the parks. Is Merida still meeting? just wondered because I know most of frontier land is closed!

fiyero

We arrive Monday tea-time so I guess no chance of a ticket to see a princess that day?
My friend is rather upset that there is no chance of seeing Belle (I'm not fussed for princesses but am happier knowing who I would see!)

stifle

Hmm interesting development. I have already met Aurora and don't have a huge desire to meet her again. Might try Tiana when I'm over next month.

haribosmum

On previous holidays we have visited at least once a day and have a number of princess photos. It was these I was planning to get the photo pass for so now am not so sure. H Gave just read that Rapunzel will have a meet and greet but not til march :(
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

rebecca20

I wonder if this has anything to do with the extra castings their having for face characters?! Or maybe the new Chaparral theatre show rehearsals.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: PrincessKirsty on January 22, 2016, 10:43:59 PM
So will I be affected by this, going January 28th? would love to meet Aurora there if it means other princesses will be around the parks. Is Merida still meeting? just wondered because I know most of frontier land is closed!

It starts January 26th.
Merida will be back for meets from February 7th on!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: rebecca20 on January 23, 2016, 03:49:24 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the extra castings their having for face characters?! Or maybe the new Chaparral theatre show rehearsals.

No it doesn't. It's just a test because a lot of guests are unsatisfied with the current PP set up.
And they are simply just trying to figure out if there's a better way.
Since this is the most quiet period, the least guests will be affected by it (since there are also a lot of guests who ARE satisfied with the system).

dazzle_v2003

I can completely understand why there are giving this as a go as it's all to do with guest satisfaction. When I was visiting this every person who had visited the Princess Pavillion was being asked questions for a survey by DLP. I presume measuring guest satisfaction. If I was having to queue for 30-40 minutes I would rather know what princess I was queuing for so I know it's a princess I want to spend that amount of time waiting for to meet.

DLP have announced other princesses will have more set positions during this trail. For example Tiana has her new permanent meet and greet in Fronterierland, Merida is back in her meet and greet location in February and Rapunzel meeting from March. Cinderella and other princesses will be at the Auberge.

I imagine DLP are thinking about having princesses at set photo locations just like they are at the states.

never2old

I have to say, we loved it a couple of years ago when they had Anna and Elsa in the Pavilion and all the other princesses were doing meet 'n' greets around the park. We ended up meeting Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora, it was excellent. And each time we knew who we were going to meet!

I think having different locations for the different princesses is really a good idea.

haribosmum

I emailed the park asking a few questions about the change to princess pavilion, whether any of the other princesses will be about etc and also if all the official meet and greets have a photo pass photographer (the current programme only shows Princesses, Mickey and Spiderman.  This was my reply

"Our princesses are always present in the Parks however we do not have the program for February yet.
Do not hesitate to download our official app (golden & white) to get updated information.
Moreover, know that all princesses can be met in the restaurant Auberge de Cendrillon.
Indeed, every meet & greet have official photographers."

I am quite excited looking at some photos that Belle has been spotted in the studios (in her blue dress with Gaston) :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Disney Matt

Quote from: haribosmum on January 26, 2016, 10:16:53 AM
I emailed the park asking a few questions about the change to princess pavilion, whether any of the other princesses will be about etc and also if all the official meet and greets have a photo pass photographer (the current programme only shows Princesses, Mickey and Spiderman.  This was my reply

"Our princesses are always present in the Parks however we do not have the program for February yet.
Do not hesitate to download our official app (golden & white) to get updated information.
Moreover, know that all princesses can be met in the restaurant Auberge de Cendrillon.
Indeed, every meet & greet have official photographers."

I am quite excited looking at some photos that Belle has been spotted in the studios (in her blue dress with Gaston) :-)

I can't find the golden & white app :(
Does it contain the program i take it?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

haribosmum

The only App I found was available via the disneylandparis website, mine is blue though? 

Quote from: DLRPWonders on January 22, 2016, 11:24:14 AM
Of course there's only one Aurora (character integrity ;)), but yes both rooms will be used.

I saw photos from ED92 that show 'someone' arriving at the princess pavilion, they were covered up in a big coat/hood in different colours (and obviously at different times) but I now 'understand' how the meet and greet works a bit more :-)

Also, from same source I saw a photo of Rapunzel and Flynn! It looked to me like they were near to Plaza gardens.  My little boy is called Flynn so this would be perfect for a random meet and greet.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20