[HKDL] Disney's Pirate Take-over

Started by Kristof, April 16, 2007, 01:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

HDKL's attempt to bring Pirates of the Caribbean to the park:

Quote from: "Hong Kong Disneyland press release""In an unprecedented move, we have agreed to parlay terms with the pirates to present an exciting Pirate Takeover. From the scenic and atmospheric makeover of Adventureland, to the pirate-inspired characters, interactive guest entertainment, themed photo opportunities, games, dining and merchandise, there'll be daring pirate surprises around every corner in the new Pirate Land.
The Pirate Takeover will allow guests to step back in time to a place where pirates reined over the seas vying for treasure. A total experience that only Hong Kong Disneyland can provide, the Pirate Takeover will immerse guests in a world of mischief, singing and revelry as pirate adventures are vividly brought to life.
Guests will first encounter Disney's Pirate Takeover at the entrance to Adventureland where pirates have refashioned the towering archway with unmistakable pirate paraphernalia."

Full press release and full sized photos at Alain Littaye's blog here.

Dlrpfan

this kind of reminds me of pirates lair but i think its great hkdl having pirates in the park and hopefully may be a trial to see how the public react before having plans for potc to open there
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

I think they realised their mistake building a tiki/jungle Adventureland first, and keeping the Pirates area as an expansion project...

Looks good, should be a nice atmosphere, but HKDL need to hurry with actual attractions rather than these small little add-ons.  I can't believe IASW is their first major addition, and it's not coming until next year.

penfold12

I read somewhere, (I wish I remebered where!) that the proposedaddition of POTC has been put on hold due to the goverments decision not to fund any large scale expansion at the moment due to the park underperforming. The smae article made reference that Disney has put on hold the idea of a second resort in China.

I wonder if this is as a result of POTC being put on hold?