Airport Transfers

Started by naisworld, December 28, 2015, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

35 minutes? You'd need perfect Paris traffic and probably a speeding driver.

Did I mention the TGV has no messing around with (or surcharges for) car seats, loads of luggage room, and much less chance of anyone getting travel sick?

And if you fly British Airways, as I do, you arrive at the terminal next to the TGV station.

I'm not disputing that expensive private transfers are more suitable/preferable for you. But I think you're doing other forum members a disservice to keep up your blanket insistence that it is the right option for everyone, no matter what.

caspdex

I am just pointing out the pitfalls of the TGV, which you never do when some people recommend using it. I have been going to DLP since the year it opened and have tried every possible way of transferring, from magic shuttle, hire car , TGV and private shuttle, and to make a blanket recommendation for the TGV, especially for a first time visitor with the phrase it only takes 9 mins is very, very misleading.
Negotiating CDG, time between train services, what happens if you miss your prebooked train, how to get to your final hotel should all be pointed out. Once you add all that up, it is neither the quickest, cheapest or easiest option for a family group.
Getting from the airport to our hotel is usually about 30-35 mins and I have timed it at least 15 times in the past ten years. Once we took about 40 mins going the back roads because of heavy traffic on the main road, but that was interesting in itself.
If you enjoy hanging around at the station for over 90 mins because you have just missed a train, fine, we'll be in the park by that time, having been dropped off at our reception 35 mins after picking up our luggage.

stifle

I'll start pointing them out when you start pointing out the disadvantages of road transfer, some of which I've provided above for your convenience and which you mostly chose not to address. I've tried transfers too, and have had all sorts of difficulties including the driver not speaking any English, random extra charges slapped on, 80-90 minute journey times through crawling traffic, and a baby getting sick. If those aren't issues you've had, then I suggest buying a lottery ticket as you've got amazing luck.

I think overall, we should agree to disagree — you take your transfer and I'll take the train. I think the other forum members would thank us for it.

caspdex

What disadvantages, as I have said before with a private transfer, someone will make themselves known to you at the airport and you will be on your way in 5 minutes. With the TGV , you will be lucky if you are within 5 minutes to the station, then if you are lucky a train will be departing within 10 minutes, if you have just missed one, you may have upto 2 hrs to wait, and if you have paid in advance you may well have to pay more.
A private transfer will take you to whichever hotel you have chosen. With the TGV you will have to wait for another bus to get to your hotel or walk, that'll be another 10 mins down the drain, or over an hour if offsite.
The TGV option will only be quicker if you know CDG,
A train is leaving within 5 mins of arriving at the station.
And you are staying at DLH, SL or HNY and are prepared to walk.
If you can manage all that in under 45 minutes , good for youn

caspdex

I have never had any random charges, what company did you use.

Shirley

We used the TGV last year. It was our first time in Disney. We decided to wait till we got there to buy our tickets. We had looked up how to use it, get to it, get tickets ect on U tube and we thought we knew what we were doing. At first we couldn't find where to buy the tickets from so we walked around for a bit. The tickets for 4 of us 2 Adults and 2 children worked out around €65 one way. We also got it hard to find which platform we were ment to get the train from. Now maybe it was just tiredness because we were up since 3.30am and hadn't been able fall asleep the night before until after 12 but we found this quite stressful with 2 tired nd excited 6yr old. Luckily for us we met a very nice young French guy who pointed us in the right direct. When we arrived at Disney we could see our hotel (HNY) but we weren't sure which way to go but figured it out. I would use the TGV again but now I would know where I was going.
For this trip we decided to use private transfer Prestige because there are 8 of us travelling and this works out the cheapest option.
Last year it was after 1 when we got to our hotel and our flight landed at 10.20am so it will be interesting to see what time we arrive at this year.

petals

I had mentioned RS transports before... I removed the comment though. In 2012 they were fine but this month they were awful!

naisworld

Just got back after using Ezyshuttle. Excellent service, could not fault them. €70 euros each way and the provide car seats for your children.

billy

just got back from disney and we used iris shuttle perfect service private car with car seats at no extra charge, only 30 mins from airport excellent service and very professional 130€ return and you dont pay until your return journey

fairymom

Agreed.  The once we took the tgv because it only takes 10 minutes was tiring,  stressful, expensive and time heavy.
Both other times we took private transfers with no issues.
From Beauvais we landed at 9 and were checked in and in the park by 11.30.

This time we are hiring a car at Beauvais, so will be interested how that goes.

For first timers would definitely recommend shared or private transfers. We used Rs Transport