Question about ryanair

Started by amee, December 27, 2015, 09:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amee

Hi this would be mainly aimed at irish travellers allthough anyone else who has info on the matter would be greatly appreciated , we are heading over for 5 days to paris staying in newport bay club and found flights with ryanair much much cheaper than other airlines, my question is does anybody have any experience flying with them, they stop at beauvais airport it will be our 5th trip having only flown with air france and air lingus direct to charles de gaulles airport and then.the VEA transfer coach to the park

bad-pink-tink

RyanAirs prices are cheap because they dont fly to Charles De Gaulle ie, they avoid the taxes and charges and fly to further out airports which have lower taxes and charges.

Things to note about Ryanair
1. You must check in online and print your boarding card BEFORE you arrive at the airport. They charge €15 /£15 to reprint your boarding card at the customer service desk

2. The standard weight for checked bag is  1 x 15kg per person and you pay between €15 /£15 and €35 / £35 depending on low or high season

3. If you want to check a second 15kg bag per person you will pay  between €15 /£15 and €35 / £35 depending on low or high season

4. You can check a 20kg bag but you will pay between €25 / £25 and €45 /£45 depending on low or high season

5. They charge €10 /£10 per Kilo over the allowed check bag weight

6.Onboard, they charge for snacks and drinks

7. If you want to choose your seat when booking online they charge between €5.99 /£5.99 and €15 /£15 depending on whether you want front row / premium or standard seat. You dont have to pay to choose your seat, you can wait until 24 hours before departure and choose your seat without any charge when checking in.

Charges from Ryanairs website https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/terms-and-conditions#article-termsandconditionsar_1713394128

You will need to check out transport options from beauvais airport to Disneyland Paris

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

amee

Thanks for the info i think i will stick with aer lingus sounds like ryanair are more trouble then they are worth

stifle

Quote from: amee on December 27, 2015, 10:57:22 PM
Thanks for the info i think i will stick with aer lingus sounds like ryanair are more trouble then they are worth

Good call. I went with them from Dublin to Beauvais once. Never again. It is such a gigantic pain to get from there to anywhere, and the airport coaches, cafés, services, etc. charge inflated prices because they know they're the only game in town.

The Magic Shuttle (what used to be called the VEA coach) does call at Beauvais a couple of times a day but in line with Sod's law on the way back it'll probably be way too early for you, and you do not want to be sat in BVA waiting for hours for check-in to open. They didn't even let us through security until 90 minutes before our flight because it was overcrowded.

MattR

I fly a lot, at least two intercontinental flight with multiple connections per month.

I once booked a Ryan Air flight from Germany to Morocco via France. The experience was so bad that I bought a return ticket from another airline as soon as I arrived in Morocco.

nathalie

I believe Ryanair is only good if you must fly for your company and they are paying for everything, so you don't need to worry about a single thing, like all those rediculous fees they charge for every little thing.

MattR

Quote from: nathalie on December 28, 2015, 03:38:15 PM
I believe Ryanair is only good if you must fly for your company and they are paying for everything, so you don't need to worry about a single thing, like all those rediculous fees they charge for every little thing.

I would quit if the company thinks they can send me anywhere with a lowlowlowcost carrier like Ryanair.

bopcc

We usually fly Ryanair as it's always worked out much cheaper. TBH they're fine.

We're flying to beauvais with them in March as we wanted to fly from shannon so only option. Also staying in DCR so need car hire so no getting transfers from the airport.

We bring carry on and maybe a check bag or 2. When you check in online you can choose your seats for free(I think it's 7 days beforehand).
They carry free buggy and car seats for us.
We never buy snacks on any plane..always bring our own.

If they're cheaper we'll alwyas go woth them

dejmurph1

I'm not sure when you are travelling but I see from one of the Airline Forums that Ryanair are to begin flights to Charles De Gaulle airport later this year. As happened when they started the Dublin to Amsterdam service their were some great prices available as they tried to take busiess away from Aer Lingus. That said ,Aer Lingus have a sale on flights to CDG at the min so even if they cost a few euro more I would choose them over Ryanair.

bad-pink-tink

I will only fly Ryanair if I have no other choice, ie to Stansted. Just the whole experience, from the online only check in to the boarding procedure to the constant hard sell of everything from snacks and drinks to scratch cards, train tickets and duty free during the flight and then that god awful fanfare when landing. I usually book flights at least 3 months in advance of flying and usually find that Aer Lingus prices are the same or not that much more for a far more pleasant flying experience
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

leeirl

We have flown ryanair to beauvais  numerous times mainly as we live close to Shannon so very handy for us. We book a return shared transfer with rstransport for 4 cost of €180 return.they are no worse than aer lingus who you have to pay for everything with too. We have also flown dublin and cirk to cdg too. And the shannon-beauvais route is the nicest  imo .

petals

We flew Ryanair to Beauvais last time we went and had no issues. We booked RS transports to get to the hotel and they were waiting for us when we collected our bags. Because the airport is so small you get out of it quicker.

The only thing I would say about Ryanair is that they now advertise that they allow one large and one smaller piece of hand luggage per person so you can have a small case and then a handbag BUT when we went to Malta earlier in the year they said because the plane was full they didn't have space for all the hand luggage and made people check in their hand luggage but didn't charge anything for it.