Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Natalie_x

Hi Sean !
If you really want to be a cast member performer or character.. don't give up you'll make it someday !! :D
if it's your dream anyway :)  They are going to get fed up of seeing me..i'm gonna be at every audition til I get in! Lol :D

I have seen those videos before on the casting page site (www.disneylandparis-casting.com) and there was a CM on one of the videos who we met at tower of terror when we went in October.. i was ridiculously excited !  :lol:

For all the lovely people searching for the music that we are after.. im gonna try describe in short how i remember the song ! :lol: i actually cant remember much because it was two months ago.. but if this helps anyones memory. I kinda remember it saying something like "the disney parade" then after that the singer like went higher and it sounded like "eeee" :lol: this is the worst description ever im so sorry but i cant get it out of my head! it was a woman voice but it sounded like lots of people singing, not a clear pop-y voice. ok im just gonna stop! Sorry for putting you through reading this if you did. :lol:  but if anyone has any ideas from that... LOL.
<3
Natalie xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

luke85

I just watched those cast member videos on the Disneyland Paris YouTube page, they were a lot of fun! I especially liked the outtakes video, very funny!

_Natalie_x

Luke you can help.. try and describe the song ! :P  better than me.. (can't be that hard) lolll :D:D

also.. are you going to the auditions this friday? xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Daniel

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hi Sean !
For all the lovely people searching for the music that we are after.. im gonna try describe in short how i remember the song ! :lol: i actually cant remember much because it was two months ago.. but if this helps anyones memory. I kinda remember it saying something like "the disney parade" then after that the singer like went higher and it sounded like "eeee" :lol: this is the worst description ever im so sorry but i cant get it out of my head! it was a woman voice but it sounded like lots of people singing, not a clear pop-y voice. ok im just gonna stop! Sorry for putting you through reading this if you did. :lol:  but if anyone has any ideas from that... LOL.
<3
Natalie xx

Is it the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_QKaY8favo
It has some of the words you mentioned, and the singers voice goes high pitched.

luke85

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Luke you can help.. try and describe the song ! :P  better than me.. (can't be that hard) lolll :D:D

also.. are you going to the auditions this friday? xx

I'll do my best  :lol:
It kind of went something like this;

"Duh duh-duh parade,
duh-duh duh carnival,
duh duh-duh duh duh,
duh duh duh duh

duh duh-duh duh-duh up down up down
duh duh-duh duh-duh up down up down"

(the up-down bits aren't lyrics, just the intonation of the melody!)

Now that might not make much sense to most of you, but it's crystal clear in my mind  :P

No I'm not going to the audition this Friday, I think there's some sort of rule that if you're on the 6 month waiting list, you're not allowed to go to another audition until the 6 month period is up? I'm pretty certain that's the case anyway. Otherwise I'd be there in a flash, it was so much fun the last time!

_Natalie_x

LOl Luke i love your description!  :lol: hopefully some sane person knows what were talking about :P

No Daniel thats not the song but thanks for trying, I remember visiting the park when that was the parade song.. I still love it ! :D
dancing a catchy rhythm.. singing a happy song..playing together on a holidaaaayy!! :lol:

although compared to Just like we dreamed it.. it doesnt sound very disney at all in my opinion! Still good back in the day ;) loll
:D

Luke im not sure of the rules.. what did they tell you when you were there? I think Tanya got on the list but she is still going to the audition.. so i'm not sure to be honest. Maybe ill end up seeing you at the July audition? :D
Natalie x
Here we are... <3[/b]

Patrick

Maybe was it this at all?  It includes carnival and parade :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6GoxGu ... re=related

luke85

THAT'S IT!!

Well done Patrick!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D

_Natalie_x

YAY 50 points for Patrick ! Go youuu!
im just lmao that it doesnt sound like anything tht we described :P although i think we danced to a diff part of the song im not sure! :L

Anyone know what the piece of music is called? xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

luke85

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"YAY 50 points for Patrick ! Go youuu!
im just lmao that it doesnt sound like anything tht we described :P although i think we danced to a diff part of the song im not sure! :L

Anyone know what the piece of music is called? xx

The bit we danced to is there, it's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6GoxGu ... ed#t=0m55s

_Natalie_x

Oh yes i recognise it now ! :D aaahh fantastic <3  i wanna audition sooon so bad ! :')  

anyone else from this thread planning on auditioning in July?
I will post dates as soon as i find out :)
x
Here we are... <3[/b]

luke85

Did anyone attend the audition today? If so, how did you get on? :)

_Natalie_x

Tanya went and she rang me earlier to tell me about it :D I asked her if she'd post abit here about her experience for fingers crossed she'll summerise the day for us ! :D  x
Here we are... <3[/b]

Norway

Hi everyone! My name is Thomas and comes from Norway =) I was auditioned 30 April in London and was selected to the final round for the movement group. I got a card that says I'm on the waiting list. Have someone any experiences with this waiting list card, will I be contacted?  :?

The audition was so fun! So many nice people and casting representatives! The audition was the largest they ever had, they skipped the introduction and it was hot in the dance studio! There were nearly 300-400 people in there. Finally, 40 was divided into two groups, dancers and movement. I was captured an image and delivered the CV. The song was pretty cool! This seems like a nice forum! :)

luke85

Hi Thomas!

I went to one of the auditions in March and was put on the waiting list, I put that I was available from the middle of June, and I haven't been called yet (I'm still hoping though!).

Basically anytime within the next 6 months, if they have a contract that matches your abilities, they can call you and offer you a 6 month (minimum) contract. If your availability date is for example August, then they will only call you about contracts that start after that date. If after 6 months they haven't called you about a job, then your details will be removed from the waiting list and you will be able to audition again. It's important to remember that  if they do not call you, to not take it personally, it's just that they don't have to necessary contracts to suit your abilities at that time.

Well done for getting through to the final stage and fingers crossed you get called soon :)