Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Thank for the help NeedMagic and Richard. :D

Atlantica

Is there an official place that you can go to get hold of audition dates? Im not in an actiing environment, so I don't relly have access. Alos, the online site to apply is in French, so I can't really get very far  :(

15MagicalYears

//http://disneylandparis-casting.com/index.php4?lang=EN&disneyRH=1f163c8ee297b38a82acbb5258b5effd

There's a link to the English site!
If you click on Opportunities then jobs then finaly click on entertainment that should give you some information !
 :D

Angela

well.. I have seen ads around here in newspapers and also at the employment office... that was kinda cool... also they were searching for people for Disney Cruise...

Atlantica

Thanks, 15MagicalYears, that is the site that I was looking at before, but if you click the english link, and then go to job opportunites, it swaps back to French automatically! That is the trouble I am having  :oops:

I can read it just about, but i can't do the whole process in French!

15MagicalYears

You could use Google Language Tools and help translate it?
http://www.google.com/language_tools

_Natalie_x

Hi i know this thread is from a longggg time ago but I am interested in auditioning for dlrp next year when I finally turn 18 and have been reading all these audition topics and am grateful to everyone for posting information :D

This thread was 2 years ago, so has anyone been to auditions since and been successful, or has any info or tips which are more up to date?
Also Richard if you are still on this forum, how did your job go? :D

thanks
Natalie
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

norhel

Howdy Natalie!

If yoy already not has visit the website http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en you could get some more info there.

Hope it helps you a little bit, and merry christmas!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

_Natalie_x

Hi Norhel, thanks alot i regularly visit this site now to keep an eye on the auditions !
Its so frustrating that I must wait til august before I can audition :(

For anyone else that is interested in being a main character in the park, these are the recommended heights, taken from a casting post in Poland, but i assume the heights will be the same for whichever country.

Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Mary Poppins 165cm-170cm
Mulan 157cm-168cm,
Princess Tiana 165cm-173cm
Sleeping beauty, Jasmine 163cm-168cm
Wendy 152-168cm
Tinkerbell 150cm-160cm

Aladdin, Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Belle's, Sleeping Beauty's Princes 178cm-183cm
Snow White's Prince 173cm-183cm
Prince Naveen 178cm-186cm
Captain Jack Sparrow 173cm-183cm
Gaston 183cm-191cm
Peter Pan 152cm-157cm

(All these roles are for dancing :D)

Character roles with and without dance skills..
Roles for tall boys 183cm-194cm

Hope this has helped anyone if they are interested in this career ! :)
xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Annet

That's interesting, never knew they have specific height requirements.
I'm too tall to play any of the princesses :lol:

never2old

Me too  :(

Could a girl play Gaston or Naveen?  :lol:

I never thought of it, but it makes sense. I have noticed that the princesses at least always look quite similar to the original... Particularly Snow White (she's one of my favourite princesses  :) )

_Natalie_x

I think they will have very specific requirements when casting for the princesses to try and get them as similar as possible to the cartoon !    I am always very critical towards different ones when I see pictures :P I need to try and tone it down abit ! LOL.

I would LOVE to play Wendy or Ariel and I am in the height catogry so now im just focussing on not growing any taller ! :P  :D
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

and even if you wern't the right height for a face character.. there are lots of masked/costumed characters and i assume it wouldnt matter on your gender then ! :D
Here we are... <3[/b]

SophieD

Hello!!
I'm also definitely thinking of auditioning for a face character/parade performer when I finish uni in a years time! I guess the tallest height for princesses is 5'5 but would they discriminate if you were 5'6??
Also does anyone know how important dancing is to be a face character?? I know there is lots of dancing involved (like Doud and stars and cars) but do you have to have lots of experience?? I've never danced before! But I love acting and singing!!
If anyone could help, it would be great :D
thanks!!
xxx
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

_Natalie_x

Hey Sophie !
I think 5'6 is definitly in the height range because i regulaly measure myself (just to check ;) ) and im about 5'6 i think.. its like 166 centimetres :D  
Also i doubt those are MUST be heights.. all depends on how tall the princes are :)
if you go to www.disneylandparis-casting.com there is lots of information on there
Here are the audition posts at the moment but they change often
 http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/e ... -auditions
as you can see it does say dancing skill is not required all the time.. just the ability to be able to pick up steps..
and the disney spirit and energy is the most important thing ! :D   It looks like you have that so you will be just fine ;) :D Maybe ill see you at an audition! :D
xx
Here we are... <3[/b]