Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebatman_1

Actually dude 'DU PARC' aint a disney residence. It's a residence which until recently alot of cast members have gone to because its gives you more privacy. Though its double the money for which you pay in Disney Residence.

thebatman_1

Oh and Les Pléiades aint that nice, espcially if your sharing with a random. La Boserie is the nicest if your lucky enough to be put in a group of 4 from your formation.

Richard Adams

thebatman_1,

Having just checked my messages, I got it wrong - It was La Boserie that I meant to mention and not Les Pléiades. But I was still told that Du Parc is a nice place to stay. I guess it's each to their own, right!

My bad,

Richard.

giorgio1712

So there is some amount of skill required to become a CM? I thought it would just be like a job interview not an audition! Will they test your dancing/singing etc?

DisneyBud

Only for EPC, I can't imagine they'd want to see your dance moves for guest flow

Richard Adams

Quote from: "giorgio1712"So there is some amount of skill required to become a CM? I thought it would just be like a job interview not an audition! Will they test your dancing/singing etc?

I can't speak for the other roles at Disneyland, but the audition I went to, to become a Cast Member included an animation stage, a dancing stage, but no singing stage.

Richard.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Richard Adams"
Quote from: "giorgio1712"So there is some amount of skill required to become a CM? I thought it would just be like a job interview not an audition! Will they test your dancing/singing etc?

I can't speak for the other roles at Disneyland, but the audition I went to, to become a Cast Member included an animation stage, a dancing stage, but no singing stage.

Richard.

Do you know how your audition went ?

Richard Adams

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Do you know how your audition went ?

I'll be in Paris in Friday! Can't wait!

Richard.

Atlantica

How did you know that auditions were being held? Who did you contact so you knew where to go?

If you don't mind me asking  :oops:

Richard Adams

Quote from: "Atlantica"How did you know that auditions were being held? Who did you contact so you knew where to go?

If you don't mind me asking  :oops:

Of course not!

Well, I was training for this past year on a Diploma in Acting course in Liverpool. I was fortunate enough to hear about the audition dates, as she received an email from the Casting department at DLP. She gave me a copy of the email and from there, I simply got in touch and asked if it would be okay to hop along on the day. I just had to send a CV with a headshot, (or you can just send a recent photo) via email. Then I turned up!

I'm not sure I can give the address out in the open, but if one of the Moderators or more experienced members could clarifiy this for me, I'd be happy to if I'm allowed..?

Richard.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Richard Adams"I'll be in Paris in Friday! Can't wait!
Richard.

Oh realy ?  :o
Well Done ,
I would love to be Friends with Goofy, he is such a fun character !
I can't wait to hear how it all goes !
Remember to keep us updated !  :P

Does anyone know if you audition for character performer not character and parade can you still help a character in the parade ?

Richard Adams

Hi 15',

I think it's all under one roof - They audition you on a bit of everything and decide what you'd be suitable at doing in the parks. I am helping character-only, but I will still be helping them in the parade!

Richard.

needmagic

Greetings from in-side the magic...

correction to all on casting tips to help you get it right

you can not just look after charactors in the parc you have to be there 6 months first then you have formation ( training in english ) if you dont pass you will not be looking after charactors it is the same to drive the parade floats too.

also when you audition in uk there are differnt contracts
first you could be face charactor or dancer in parade or just charactor.
but you will be told this also even if you are the above you will always do charactor in the parc not just parade and not everyday is the same you could be charactor one day then the next on parade or in the studio parc..

if you need more info just ask
Living The Dream Making The Magic

Richard Adams

Apologies, by 'helping' the character, I didn't know you were actually referring to helping the characters. I was talking about the other thing.

Richard.

needmagic

greeting from in-side the magic...

there are so many things i can help with if you need in fo just ask..

also when your there dont for get that there is restorant you will work in too
like plazza gardens or lucky nugget even cafe mickey in the village
for breakfast shifts thay start at 7am or if cafe micky evening you start around 3pm and finish around 11pm
Living The Dream Making The Magic