Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RosannaW8

So, I've been here for almost a week now and phew! What a lot of information! I have my first proper day of work tomorrow and boy am I nervous but I'm just gonna give it my all and hope for the best!
They sure do bombard you with a LOT of information on the first few days which has caused some stress but once I did my caisse training I felt a little better about everything so fingers crossed I remember everything for tomorrow - wish me luck!

Also, I never actually received a contract in the post - I just had to sign it on arrival but I don't know if that's the same for everyone or not!

VigBasil

Quote from: "WendyDarling"
Quote from: "VigBasil"Does anyone know how long it should take for my contract to come in the post?
Hi, I had my phonecall in the middle of January and I'm still waiting on my contract! I emailed them, but as per usual, they didn't reply. Just have to wait and see.
Where will you be working and when do you start? :)

That sounds grand, I got an email from them yesterday to activate my account for the Cast Members website so I think I'm safe. Working in Pizzeria Bella Notte from the 29th of June for 3 months. :) How about you?

pumpkinalice

Hey everyone! :D
Just wondering if anyone on here is heading to the audition on March 21st in London. I'm flying over from south Ireland for it.  I'm nervous and excited but mostly nervous!! I'm 19 and going on my own, and not even going to lie, I'm pretty scared! :P I've never been to London, or a DL audition before!  It would be nice to know a few faces when I get there!

WendyDarling

Quote from: "VigBasil"
Quote from: "WendyDarling"
Quote from: "VigBasil"Does anyone know how long it should take for my contract to come in the post?
Hi, I had my phonecall in the middle of January and I'm still waiting on my contract! I emailed them, but as per usual, they didn't reply. Just have to wait and see.
Where will you be working and when do you start? :)

That sounds grand, I got an email from them yesterday to activate my account for the Cast Members website so I think I'm safe. Working in Pizzeria Bella Notte from the 29th of June for 3 months. :) How about you?
Oh very nice! I'll have to pop in and get some pizza when I'm over ;)
I'll be working in a boutique (somewhere...) from 6th July until the 31st August. It's about 8 weeks. And my sister has got an interview on the 27th March, so I'm really hoping she gets a summer contract as well, cos that would just be AMAZING!

niamhallen

Hey everyone :)
Em I got offered a contract last wednesday week (27th Feb) and I took it (obviously :P) but I've heard absolutely nothing from Disney since then. Is this normal or should I email someone? I'm starting the 1st of June!

_Natalie_x

nope just leave it niamh! they're not good at communication.. i expect the contract will be in the post. thats probably the only thing you'll have from them until maybe a week before.
wheres your contract for? x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

niamhallen

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"nope just leave it niamh! they're not good at communication.. i expect the contract will be in the post. thats probably the only thing you'll have from them until maybe a week before.
wheres your contract for? x

Thanks for your reply :)
I'm not actually sure. Its as a waitress but in the whole confusion I can't remember if she specified table or buffet waitress but she mentioned both. So I'm just waiting for my contract to find out :P

_Natalie_x

Haha yea itll all be fine! you've got ages anyway til you need to know anything for sure :) x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

WendyDarling

I got my contract in the post yesterday. Can't wait to start! :D

Anybody going to the Dublin interviews on 27th/28th March, will y'all please post if you get a summer contract?? My sister's got her interview on the 27th March and I want to know as soon as the Dublin contracts are given out.
Merci beaucoup :)

fufi

hi everyone :) i got my contract and i will be working as a "employee de restauration" starting the 25th march 2013, Is there anyone working in the same field? does any one knows which restaurant they will be working at before hand? and is there any one who has worked there to kind a give a hint as to what it like. xx

fufi

hi got my contract starting the 25th march, has anyone an experience working as "employee de restauration"?

sjsmith1992

Hey so I was just wondering, how long does it take to hear back after the interview normally? what information do they chose people for for interviews like what work experience is needed etc... and do are the interviews in March the last ones for the summer positions? :S

GeoffD

Quote from: "sjsmith1992"Hey so I was just wondering, how long does it take to hear back after the interview normally? what information do they chose people for for interviews like what work experience is needed etc... and do are the interviews in March the last ones for the summer positions? :S

According to people who've gone through it already, they advise 10 days from interview to response.  Some people may wait more (very rare though).  

I'm not sure about the interviews, but the job offer is still on the casting website, there's a chance they might pop back before summer.  Who knows?

WendyDarling

My sister had her interview in Dublin 2 days ago and she got the email today letting her know she's now in the Talent Pool :)

Jessy_3008

Hi everybody!

I'll be working in Restauration (Fast Food) at the ending of April. anyone else is already working there or has already worked? I'd like some tips or anecdotes. thanks a lot :)