Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

Disney University is no-longer part of Parade and Character Cast Member training - since 2008!!

As for contract extentions  -  Work well, don't be late, be the right height - and you may be asked to stay!  However, due to the way the company works - you maybe the best cast member ever and you still won't get an extention, all depends on what contracts they have in your height-range at the time!

alaina82

Im soooo glad we dont have to go to 'uni'...been there done that, although i am bit of a geek so would have probably loved it and taken copious amounts of notes  :P

Poppy, are the face characters already decided when u go out there? They were looking for Tinkerbell at my audition but only saw that the princesses were chosen that day. Im assuming that Tink is a face character but where does she fit in with the parades/shows etc? Does she do Fantallusion?? I reeeeaalllly wanna be Tinkerbell, im tiny and blonde...its fate  :D

Fingers crossed u guys get an extended contract.....only until Jan tho cos thats when mine runs out lol

itslewis

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Disney University is no-longer part of Parade and Character Cast Member training - since 2008!!

As for contract extentions  -  Work well, don't be late, be the right height - and you may be asked to stay!  However, due to the way the company works - you maybe the best cast member ever and you still won't get an extention, all depends on what contracts they have in your height-range at the time!

Thankyou, it was still on my contract though?

Well of course i'll be on time and work my best.. no point being there otherwise. I'm hoping for an extended contract, i've been told if one is available, cast members will be asked first  :D

_Natalie_x

WOW so my audition is sunday. AAAHHHHHH!!!    Scary times !
I've been watching some vids, trying to work out a few characterisations.. not psyc myself out though!!  Although im abit worried about what to do as a villain.. will definitley be watching some villian parade videos to get some inspiration..
:)

Is anyone else here attending the audition? Would love to have a friend !! :P  

really excited to see how the whole thing pans out.. not expecting anything to come from this but i'm going to do my best, embrace the experience.. and SMILE !!! ;)
 :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
i want poorly cheeks by the end of the day.. then ill know ive tryed my hardest hehehe ;)

any last minute advice guys??
Lotsaa love
xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Dizzy Disney Mum

OOh, good luck Natalie!

From reading your posts I think you'd make a fab Cast Member! Have got my fingers crossed for you.

_Natalie_x

Aw thank you ever so much!! Ill make sure to post here after my audition everything that happenedd :D x
Here we are... <3[/b]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"WOW so my audition is sunday. AAAHHHHHH!!!    Scary times !
I've been watching some vids, trying to work out a few characterisations.. not psyc myself out though!!  Although im abit worried about what to do as a villain.. will definitley be watching some villian parade videos to get some inspiration..
:)

We are going on holiday tomorrow so will wish you lots of luck for Sunday now :thumbs: Will hopefully come back to see your good news :ears:
Try not to be nervous & enjoy yourself, sure you will be great, good luck  [-o<

Kelly xxxx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

luke85

Wishing you the best of luck Natalie :D

I really hope you have an amazing day!

_Natalie_x

hehehe i love this forum everyone's too nice !!
i have done what alaina did and started an audition diary blog. i just spent about an hour writing it so its long and boring but for anyone wishing to audition in the future i hope it will be useful. :)
if you want to look then its http://nataliedisneyaudition.blogspot.com/
:D
thanks alot to everyone <3
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

And Kelly, enjoy your holiday !! x
Here we are... <3[/b]

norhel

Good luck _Natalie_x ! :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

kmara

good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

dlrpmad

Cant wait to hear about your experience when you get back, natalie!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

_Natalie_x

Ohhhh darrrrnn its not got news guys ! :'(  there was about 240 people and they cut about 150 ppl including me and my friend boohooo! But a lot of really good performers too who I was sure would get through so I really ant a clue what they were looking for this time!! Ill write everythin tht happened later when I'm home bcus I'm on a blackberry at the month and its so hard to type!! I did my best and will just keep working ready for next audit. Not too dissapointed bcus uu never know what they want so ill just keep trying n hopefully sometime they will want meeeeeee :D heheheh hope everyones havin a good day <3 lotsa love xxx
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Ohhhh darrrrnn its not got news guys ! :'(  there was about 240 people and they cut about 150 ppl including me and my friend boohooo! But a lot of really good performers too who I was sure would get through so I really ant a clue what they were looking for this time!! Ill write everythin tht happened later when I'm home bcus I'm on a blackberry at the month and its so hard to type!! I did my best and will just keep working ready for next audit. Not too dissapointed bcus uu never know what they want so ill just keep trying n hopefully sometime they will want meeeeeee :D heheheh hope everyones havin a good day <3 lotsa love xxx

NO WAY! ARGHHHHHHH I was well hoping you would get through and join me at Disney  :(  
Yes, definitely don't be too disappointed, it's like every audition! They always have a 'look' in mind and what they actually need. Just keep your chin up and try again! How did you find the audition? Did out advice help you, did they do the same style of audition as us? xxx