Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArielBelle

'Rex - Thank you for the goodluck wishs but I wasn't able to actually make it TO the audition because there was a sudden family emergency. Grrr.

But next time: I.AM.THERE.

Sorry to hear those who didn't get through but auditions are quite frequent so plenty of opportunities ahead! :D

Nao

@ArielBelle ahh, that's too bad! I hope everyone in your family is okay though!

@Tifannyfinsy and Astya: OT but thanks for the tips, I had heard that Urban Decay Primar is good (although expensive) and I own quite a good liquid liner I THINK. But I never know what's good to use on my lower lash line grr, I've been using Bourjois I think, although it's like really old. Maybe I should just buy a higher end kohl pencil (I like that best for the lower lash line hehe)..

@sineadlemonade SAME AS/HARDER THAN WEST END AUDITIONS? Darn, I'm screwed haha.
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

rebecca

If it's just for the top lash, the Maybelline Gel Liner is fabby (: It's not too expensive and lasts ages. Plus it is really smudgeproof - I ended up in the river once and it didn't smudge at all! Only downside is that it takes a bit of practise to get right. But it is lush!

Astya

@Nao - I have max factor 'colour perfection' eyeliner for under my eyes, it seems pretty resistant and it's not that expensive :)

sd1988

Hey people, I recently passed my audition and now on the waiting list. I would love as much advice from people who have been there already as I'm very nervous and haven't been to Paris before  :(  

I've heard that you can wait ages for a call, but when you do, do they expect you to make your own way there by yourself? Or do they email/post a easy step by step journey pack of some kind?

I know you need to get to the Fantasia Building, but from the airport how would I get there? Are they helpful at all with your journey?  [-o<

Astya

Ah congrats!!  :D  Very exciting!!  I'd love to help but I failed the dance.  :(

Maybe you can help us find the dance music on youtube!  Lol.

rebecca

@sd1988 - They send you an email with the best ways to get to the Fantasia building from each airport, along with a kind of map (: It doesn't look tooooo hard! When do you want to go out? x

Jens

Hi everyone! It's great that a lot of you went to the last audition! Hope you had fun! It was the first step you took to experience the disney magic yourself in the entertainment department of Disneyland Paris.

PLEASE remember that even though you might have not got through, it's not always because you're not good or anything like that. I can't stress enough that Disneyland Paris is NOT looking for the best dancers to join their entertainment department. I see that a lot of you got stressed out by seeing a lot of professional dancers next to you that might have appeared to be very confident and have gone to a lot of disney auditions...

Well, think to yourself, why do they always have to come back? Because they are not PERFORMING. That is the key in a Disney Audition. It's not about doing your "pas de bourrée" or "chassé" perfectly, it's all about your presence and smile. You have to be the cheesiest person alive and use BIG movements. Even if you are not a dancer, you CAN get through the dance rounds if you just DISCO and that is probably what they said at the audition aswell. Remember that there are 2 sort of contracts (character only and character & parade) and you can still climb up to "dance" in the parade once you are here.

Of course, like earlier said, always hold on to the fact that they are not always looking for your height and/or facial features. HOWEVER there is always the waiting list they can put you on, so you should ALWAYS try your best.

KEY TIPS:

- FROM THE MOMENT YOU COME IN THE STUDIO, BE INTERESTED!! THEY ARE WATCHING YOU ;)
- MAKE "FRIENDS", BE SOCIAL!
- SMILE THE WHOLE TIME!
- BIG MOVEMENTS IN EVERY PERFORMANCE
- EYE CONTACT WITH JURY (CONFIDENCE)
- DURING THE DANCE PART: ALWAYS KEEP ON MOVING AND END IT WITH A BANG!
- BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY PERFORMANCE: STAAAAAY ON YOUR LITTLE SPOT AND DON'T MOVE. BE PROFESSIONAL!

And above all: HAVE FUN! If you can't do all of this, don't even bother to audition...

Oh and don't pin me on this, but I don't think the casting directors like people with any Disney related stuff on or people that try to dress up as a disney character (even a seastar in your hair, sorry). It's cute and all, but no... They will think for you, they will see if you MIGHT be able to do a face character or not. You insult them by thinking in their place ;)

So, cheer up and give it a go on the next audition and maybe you will live your dreams very soon :) It'll be magical!!

sd1988

Quote from: "Astya"Ah congrats!!  :D  Very exciting!!  I'd love to help but I failed the dance.  :(

Maybe you can help us find the dance music on youtube!  Lol.

You needn't worry about the dance! I cannot dance to save my life, and do you know how I passed? I went with it, with a big smile on my face and really enjoyed it. When we had to show back, I attempted some of the moves but the rest I literally did my own dance. They want to see personality, they don't care if you can dance or not. A few people went out who were pretty good dancers, but because they forgot to smile, they got eliminated. When you dance you tend to focus too much remembering the moves....And that it the catch, they are looking out for those who fall for that trap, and with that you forget to enjoy it. So if you do what I did, enjoy it, prance around doing your own moves not caring about how silly you look they'll see that character in you.

sd1988

Quote from: "rebecca"@sd1988 - They send you an email with the best ways to get to the Fantasia building from each airport, along with a kind of map (: It doesn't look tooooo hard! When do you want to go out? x

Thats ok then, I was worried it be impossible to find! I see you'll be starting soon well done!So they do inform you of your start date in advance then? I put my start date from late Feb. x

Jens

Hey sd1988, why do you need to get to the Fantasia building? Normally you just arrive in Chessy station near the parks if you took the eurostar (or the tgv from charles de gaulle if you're flying)? The casting crew awaits you there and you just follow them along in your formation group to sign the contracts and stuff :) If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

rebecca

Quote from: "sd1988"
Quote from: "rebecca"@sd1988 - They send you an email with the best ways to get to the Fantasia building from each airport, along with a kind of map (: It doesn't look tooooo hard! When do you want to go out? x

Thats ok then, I was worried it be impossible to find! I see you'll be starting soon well done!So they do inform you of your start date in advance then? I put my start date from late Feb. x

Yeah, but I think it's different for us, I'm in a shop, while you're in entertainment? I recieved a text, not sure how it works for you but I'm sure the lovely people here know! Hopefully you'll find out soon (: x

morjen

Hey everyone! Ive just gotten an email saying my interview at the London auditions for a job in a boutique etc for Summer 2012 was a success, just wondering if anyone knows from experience about how long it usually takes for them to email saying whether I have a contract or not? x

Astya

Quote from: "sd1988"You needn't worry about the dance! I cannot dance to save my life, and do you know how I passed? I went with it, with a big smile on my face and really enjoyed it. When we had to show back, I attempted some of the moves but the rest I literally did my own dance. They want to see personality, they don't care if you can dance or not. A few people went out who were pretty good dancers, but because they forgot to smile, they got eliminated. When you dance you tend to focus too much remembering the moves....And that it the catch, they are looking out for those who fall for that trap, and with that you forget to enjoy it. So if you do what I did, enjoy it, prance around doing your own moves not caring about how silly you look they'll see that character in you.

And @Jens, thanks guys, that does really help :)  I did that for the character and got through, just gotta go back and try again!  It's so hard though when you know you don't have a clue what's going on lol.

Oh, and one more question...what did you guys who got through put on your resume?  Did you take a headshot with you?

Mouseski

Hello Everyone

Thought id come out of the darkness and add to the proceedings...

I went to the casting audition on the 11th, and was lucky enough to pass through for fur characters! i am now on the waiting list.
Many of the points i bring up, have previously mentioned, and i fully agree with, but i thought id sum up my experience for those users reading this who are old and new...

- You arrive, fill in a form, que up to be measured. then a presentation follows about what to expect/what they are looking for...
- you absolutely, 100%, must smile the entire time. they are looking for personalities, and it starts on the right foot if you walk into the room beaming! the dance instructor even commented on how dismal some people entered the room that day (sure it was nerves, but push through and be positive - it is a fun process!)
- then it was animation (cowboy, pirate, dwarf, villian, prince, castmember) be big, be bold, be over the top, be cheesy. it is crammed in the rehearsal, but bare in mind when your doing your final audition you will have room so give it your all and be vibrant. again, SMILE! (even when your poised to start)

I made it through this round and next it was the dance rehearsal.
i am NOT a professional dancer by any means. i could just about clock the arm movements but no such luck with the foot movements. it is intimidating when you are surrounded by professional dancers, but DO NOT let that deter you. try to focus on yourself, YOUR performance. in my audition, i ended up just doing my own freestyle dance (smiling the entire time - many people were pulling 'oo eer' faces and didnt get through) as long as you go for it, enthusiastically, you will have a better chance. they dont care for people standing there not taking part because they dont know the moves.
and you will certainly not be the only individual who cannot professinally dance, so you might as well just give it your best shot!

Im glad i managed to give it my all, as i didnt think id have the confidence to go for it, but if i can do it, then others too can!

Everyone was encouraging on the day, dont be upset if you get rejected, it is just about height/what they want. its a great experience, and and interesting audition to say the least!