Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astya

Hi Ariel - Aww, I'm really sorry to hear that :( :( :(  Easy to say but don't feel too sad, it does feel rubbish but you just have to remember you don't know what they're looking for.  They might have been looking for more guys, or a certain height or anything.  There's always a next time :D   (Least that's what I'm telling myself lol)

@Lily - if you look back a few pages we've been discussing the auditions in massive length so you can find loads of info there :)  I don't think they cast people just for one role, so you could end up as her but you'd also be other characters too, if that makes sense!

Rex

@lily yes start from page 88, I'm guessing there were around 10ish people possibly auditioning for tiana today, best of luck to you!! :D

No me niether guys... didn't make it through the animation, let the nerves kick in and just lost what I was doing when it came to crunch time. OMG Missaerial.. I looked and looked and thought I see people that may have been you but wasn't sure, I am almost certain Mirrorball was 2 people behind me in the que outside, but I was with my bro at the time and when we got in she took her hat off! :(

Could not belive the turn out... it was soooooo daunting!! Well over 300 hundred people squished into one little room was pretty impressive, I think I was over whelmed! Think I still am!

I will audition again I think, but I won't make so much of an effort next time (traveled from Spain) now I know EXSACTLY what they want from the animation and the music is the mardygra party tune, I think I will wait then practice practice practice, I felt pretty confidence in the rehersal part.. then just went to muss in front of the judges.... gutted... but hey ho fantastic experiance, I've had a great day in London with my brother. Until next time :)

Mirrorball, charlottewelsh and aerialbelle, hope you had better luck!!
Just think of a wonderful thought..

Astya

Wow Rex - Over 300!!  I'm sure there weren't that many when I went!  Eek.  Now I'm nervous about going next time haha.

gldc

When you guys get through wait till you get on the other end in Paris when you arrive - on the first day there were 550 of us in a few tiny rooms and corridors!! :shock:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

rebecca

aw bad luck Rex and missariel ): so gutted for you, at least now you know what to expect next time! it sounds like they're really specific for what they want at each audition, next time might be your day. :D

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Astya"Have fun Rex.  That's all you can do.  Be yourself x 100 and SMILE :D  And just remember, you can always audition again, you don't know what they're looking for specifically so just give your best :)

@Tiffany - ACE!  :D  If I PM you my email address can you email it to me??

Good luck everyone!  Hurry back and let us know how you got on. xx

@Astya: Yes, that's good! Then I will be sending you my beautiful 10 secondes video hahaha!
I can't find the music of the dance, looked all over the internet..Anyway, its very "parade'ing and I can only hear one lyric: "drifting in the ocean, slipping the sea" or something! Maybe somebody remember this lyric?  :mrgreen:

On topic: Aawh, I'm sorry for you guys Rex and Missariel, hopefully next time better! You did you thing and you can't change it :( It will be alright!
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Cendrillon

Sorry to hear that guys :( but as everyone's said, you go into those auditions without any clue what they're looking for that day. So keep your head high, and your time will most definitely come!

Mirrorball

Hey guys, I've just got home. I didn't make it through either, unfortunately.

I definitely wasn't expecting there to be that many people - I was chatting to one girl while we were waiting who had been to a couple of Disney auditions before and she said she'd never seen one with so many people. That alone made it difficult because there was hardly any room to move while we were practising - and I really underestimated how quick the animation was going to go! I'd prepared so much that there just wasn't time to do, which really threw me off. I tried to keep smiling but I could feel myself rushing through the moves, and there were so many professional dancers there, I must have looked awful!

I'm glad I went though. If I ever go again I'll have a better idea of what's required and I had a really good day in London! I went to the British Museum after I got out and I spent most of the afternoon wandering around there. That might sound really dull to some people but I love museums!

missariel

@Mirrorball Your right there were loads of dancers! Watching other peoples animation it looked like they were dancing then and I was more like doing impressions! Thats so weird I went to the british museum too XD

@Rex I was the one with the starfish in her hair :) xx
...Wish I could be part of that world...

melonyrose

I didn't get through either :( So dissapointed. I didn't think I would be I still had some hope lol. For a minute I though I got through because the man wrote something on my card but then he didn't shout my number.

@missariel - I know you don't know me but I've been reading this thread and I actually saw a girl sat infront of my during the presentation with a starfish hair clip and I thought 'wow, that hairclip is amazing. she totally looks like ariel' even though I didn't get to see your face lol.

I didn't see any of you guys there unfortunatly :(

Astya

:(  I'm so sorry to hear that guys!  Will you audition again?  I'm going to go again around August I think.

TIffany sent me the video, so I shall now be looking madly for the music!  Made me feel a bit sad though cos of how badly I stuffed it up and how much I want to go lol.

Nao

Dearies, I'm so sad you didn't get through!! I was rooting for everyone, but alas. Well you never know, a lot of things in the "show business" are based on luck anyway so you just have to be what they are looking for on that particular day and sometimes you're not, but that's no biggie, they'll always be looking for other kinds of people next time so better luck next time right? Nerves are not your friend, I understand completely how that must feel, I also tend to get nervous in front of judges and such.. But I bet you weren't as bad as you think you were!

The number of people makes me SO nervous though D: I am TINY so they wouldn't even be able to see me, I'm sure. And I'm scared that in a room full of people my face will look tiny, super-Asian (while I'm really only half) and featureless. I'm a nut when it comes to Make-Up that doesn't bleed all the way over my face. Maybe it's time to invest in a reaaaally good eye-liner for the audition haha. Also pretty bummed that they won't be able to recruit me for any face characters except Mulan and maybe Pocahontas if she's not tall. Maybe Snow White would work with some make-up. But I feel like as an Asian I might have less chance that they will ever select me as a face character. It's okay though, I like fur characters too. :)

Oh, by the by Tiffany, is there any way you could make it like a private video on youtube somewhere so more of us could see it? :O I'm really curious as to what kind of dancing to expect at all haha.
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

Astya

Ooh, Nao, a little off topic but you should get Urban Decay Primer potion and a gel eyeliner.  I've fallen asleep in mine and it stays put!

sineadlemonade

V__V I'm so sad you guys didn't get in! :( i've heard that character auditions are supposed to be the same as, if not harder than west end auditions, so i wouldn't worry too much, as everyone's been saying, you can always try again ^.^

@Astya omg really?! i'm constantly on the search for the perfect liquid eyeliner *completely non-disney & off topic*

Tiffanyfinsy

@Astya: Jeeeeeeeeej, you got the video! You remember it again haha? :)
@Nao: I can try it, but I don't know If it works! Im going to try it tomorrow, If I'm on the computer or laptop or something, I'm almost everytime on my iPhone lol! *AND I know, really off topic but: You are that girl who's living in the Netherlands too right? Because I'm using eyeliner from "HEMA!!!!!" its not expensive, easy to bring it on and it stays well!*
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.