Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleybabes

Hey guys!
Im new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice!

Ok so i got a job offer for a CDI begnning end of September (which im super excited about!) and was wondering how long it usually takes for a paper contract to get sent to my house for my to sign?? (i live in the uk)
its just because im thinking of going travelling before i move over there and dont want to be away when it arrives!

also, my job title is 'serveuse', am i right in thinking this will mainly be hotel/restaurant waitressing work rather than fast-food??

anyone else starting there late september ish??

Thanks for your help!!

xxx

gldc

I really want to know when mine will come through too. It's 2 weeks since i accepted the job and the contract still hasn't come through.

Serveuse does sound like waitressing to me as well yeah.

Excited for attractions in December
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

ulak

Hi, i have only one question. Is there in Disneyland Paris someone who speak in czech (czech language), please? Thank you!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

rosie1993

Is it okay to be an hour late to the open auditions? Is there lots of waiting around? My bus gets in at 10.50am :/

Jasmine/Pluto

Hey everyone

I went for auditions in leeds on the 17th July and got right the way through to the end as 'Jasmine'
has anyone been contacted yet from the July Auditions, how long does it normally take for them to contact you?

also, i have daniels email and phone number etc but he hasnt replied to my email i sent him this morning, does anyone have Noellie's email address please?
Thankyou! and good luck to everyone thats waiting like me :(

xxxx

SophieBelle

Quote from: "rosie1993"Is it okay to be an hour late to the open auditions? Is there lots of waiting around? My bus gets in at 10.50am :/

Dont be late!! they wont let you into the auditions if your late.  :shock:  there really hard on time keeping!! you sign in about half 8 - quater to 9 and then you go straight in.. and start the audition process.  :D

Good Luck. :)

Sophiebelle  :D/

Disney93

Hello!

Got a job offer this morning for "Employé de Restauration" at Christmas! Can't wait! :D

I'm presuming this job entails working in the fast food restaurants, can anyone clarify this?

Disney93

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Another congratulatons to Disney93 on your job offer :D:D:D ive actually come here to discuss something like that so maybe someone can help me!!

Has anyone else recieved one of these emails, or had one before.. i just have a few questions like is the phone interview in french? im not too bad but most probably would make a fool of myself and would rather make a good impression in english first, then brush up on the francais later.. :p :D Also it says about the meetings, so do we assume this phone call is not a 'job interview' as such, just like inviting me to an event if i "get through" ?? Any help would be appreciated!! :D thanks guys. hope everyone's having a magical day :) x

Thank you! :D

Yes I received that e-mail last September. From what I can remember the phone interview started in english for a few minutes (name etc. what languages do you speak? have you worked in france before?) and then I was asked did I speak french. After saying yes we then went through the last few questions again, this time answering in french. Yes at the end it was then organising which event I would like to attend for the next interview. I did sort of choose one then, but don't worry if you want to change your mind, you're sent an email soon after to officially sign up for the events. Good luck! :D x

_Natalie_x

oooh thank you very much, very helpful! did you end up following it all through then and going over to work there??? its been over a year since I studied french, so meeting with my old classmate soon to run through some basics and refresh my memory, although im scared that on the phone my mind will blank anyway! :L xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

Hi guys, wow just got off the phone, i'm actually still shaking that was so scary :L Well its not scary im just not confident on the phone anyway and i was worried about the whole french thing but all turned out brilliaaaannt! So this lady answered in French so I said "bonjour" then started speaking English and it turned out she was from Scotland anyway :L She just confirmed my name, then asked what part of the company i would like to work in (boutiques, food etc) then what kind of seasonal contract i was looking for etc. Then we just had a chat about me working at the Disney Store and Boots in Manchester! Was not at all like an interview, just like a personal invitation to the recruitment sessions (Manchester, London, Edinborough) and then she sent me an email to confirm. She did ask if i could speak, in her words "a bit of french" so it didnt sound like i needed to be too fluent anyway but I just explained id studied it for 7 years but not spoken it for a year, and she just accepted that and didnt ask any French of me :lol: luckily! my heart was pounding hahaha! So, the next step is for me to visit the recruitment session in Manchester in November, don't know alot about it but hopefully the emails will explain more. Please let me know if anyone else is going to the Manchester one, would be great to know of someone else!!! :D:D  

xxxxxxxxxx
Here we are... <3[/b]

gldc

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hi guys, wow just got off the phone, i'm actually still shaking that was so scary :L Well its not scary im just not confident on the phone anyway and i was worried about the whole french thing but all turned out brilliaaaannt! So this lady answered in French so I said "bonjour" then started speaking English and it turned out she was from Scotland anyway :L She just confirmed my name, then asked what part of the company i would like to work in (boutiques, food etc) then what kind of seasonal contract i was looking for etc. Then we just had a chat about me working at the Disney Store and Boots in Manchester! Was not at all like an interview, just like a personal invitation to the recruitment sessions (Manchester, London, Edinborough) and then she sent me an email to confirm. She did ask if i could speak, in her words "a bit of french" so it didnt sound like i needed to be too fluent anyway but I just explained id studied it for 7 years but not spoken it for a year, and she just accepted that and didnt ask any French of me :lol: luckily! my heart was pounding hahaha! So, the next step is for me to visit the recruitment session in Manchester in November, don't know alot about it but hopefully the emails will explain more. Please let me know if anyone else is going to the Manchester one, would be great to know of someone else!!! :D:D  

xxxxxxxxxx

Nice. I did this without a phone interview and went straight to the interview, kinda happy don't think I could deal with it if I were rejected at the phone stage.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

_Natalie_x

Hahahah I doubt they reject that many people on the phone :L what was the recruitment session like?? Xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Disney93

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hi guys, wow just got off the phone, i'm actually still shaking that was so scary :L Well its not scary im just not confident on the phone anyway and i was worried about the whole french thing but all turned out brilliaaaannt! So this lady answered in French so I said "bonjour" then started speaking English and it turned out she was from Scotland anyway :L She just confirmed my name, then asked what part of the company i would like to work in (boutiques, food etc) then what kind of seasonal contract i was looking for etc. Then we just had a chat about me working at the Disney Store and Boots in Manchester! Was not at all like an interview, just like a personal invitation to the recruitment sessions (Manchester, London, Edinborough) and then she sent me an email to confirm. She did ask if i could speak, in her words "a bit of french" so it didnt sound like i needed to be too fluent anyway but I just explained id studied it for 7 years but not spoken it for a year, and she just accepted that and didnt ask any French of me :lol: luckily! my heart was pounding hahaha! So, the next step is for me to visit the recruitment session in Manchester in November, don't know alot about it but hopefully the emails will explain more. Please let me know if anyone else is going to the Manchester one, would be great to know of someone else!!! :D:D  

xxxxxxxxxx

Well Done! :D

Yes the e-mails explain everything that you need to bring along with you :). Out of interest, when are you hoping to get a contract for?

In answer to your earlier question, I applied last year but I was only 17, so this Christmas is this first time I'm old enough to work there (just, the contract starts on my 18th birthday :p).

Good Luck with the Manchester interview! :D xx

_Natalie_x

Haha happy birthday for then!! :D hoping to probably get a contract starting feb or march, have only just started back at the disney store so dont think it's too fair on them to leave so soon!! She said the contract would end around September. :) xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

gldc

The session was basically just a nice conversation and a bit in french too and a presentation before that. Lots of fun and nice people.