Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cap'njack

Can you teach me to dance through a forum in less than three days lol! That's the part I'm most nervous about...the animation doesn't bother me as I know roughly what I'm doing but the dancing is just so far beyond me it's unreal!

Just one quick question...they didn't give maximum ages or anything like that did they? I'm 29 (don'l look much older than 24 though) I just don't want to get there and they say I'm too old lol!

Johnny

CharlottexBelle

Ahh sooo happy for you :) and like you said, waiting list is a very good thing as you know they like you and more often than not people do get the call! So just sit tight hun and i'm sure you'll hear from them soon! They're probs just waiting to see what happens in London first and then they'll call people accordingly. :) xxx

SophieBelle

I agree!!! everyone needs a fair chance :) but its all a waiting game for now :D and im more than happy.. if its ment to be.. it will be :D <3

SophieBelle xxxx

CharlottexBelle

Great attitude :) and yayyyyy for you :D

Which dwarf did you do? I'm struggling to pick! xxxxxx

SophieBelle

ooohhh.. Hmm, well when we did the practice one.. i did grumpy, then i did sneezy then bashful and then on the actual.. one where they where watching i did Sneezy i just did a variety of a few then what ever came out i just went with it :) <3

Sophiebelle
xxxx

Teacup

Hi everyone, back from the Leeds auditions. Unlike sophie I completely fail and got cut straight away, but I was making very detailed notes throughout so I have plenty to report on. May do a better write up of the presentation for anyone who is interested or missed it at the london auditions when I get back to Cov on thurs.
Was about 190 people at our audition,in a tiny space (90% of which were girls). the waiting room got really busy at least an hour before the audition started so everyone was sat on the floor and it was packed. worth getting there early.
Any specific details anyone wants before i do a full report feel free to ask.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

cap'njack

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have much luck Teacup :(

Any details on if I'm too old at 29, rough wages and accommodation costs if they told you would be awesome, thanks.

Looking forward to hearing all about it :)

Teacup

yeah. any ages are accepted. wages are 1595 euros a month. accom costs 200 per month including all bills, and you need a 200 euro deposit.
Then you get 25% discount on all disney merch worldwide except audio visual stuff. 25% discount on food and drink in the park (meals cost 3-4 euros backstage for starter main course and dessert), 50% hotel discount, free entrance tickets depending on how long you've worked in the park, full medical insurance included and 75% reinbursement on transport.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

cap'njack

That is awesome...thank you sooooo much for that. I was concerned that the wages would be too low to be able to keep up the responsibilities I have in the UK but it should work out at roughly what I'm on now :)

Roll in Friday...I'm really excited about it now :)

smallblonde

Well Done Sophie...I got through it all aswell...  :D
At the end I was one of the three tiny girls in our own little line waiting for our photo.
Daniel said that weve got a 90% chance of getting a phone call as we are Mickey/Minnie height etc...  :D
So will keep everyone updated with any good news...good luck to those going to London auditions.

cap'njack

Quote from: "smallblonde"Well Done Sophie...I got through it all aswell...  :D

Congratulations Smallblonde. Really happy for you and hope you get that much deserved phonecall :)

lostinawonderland

So many congratulations Smallblond and SophieBelle!!!!  That's amazing news!

I've been following this thread for a little while, and my friend and I are attending the London audition this thursday and were wondering if you could give us any advice from your experience today at the Leeds audition?

Was the animation sequence still cowboy-pirate-dwarf-villain-princess-yourself?

What sort of things does the dance consist of, and is it terribly long?

Many, many thanks!

SophieBelle

Thank you!!! And well done SmallBlond <3 thats Fabulous!!! When did you say you could start from?

Get their early... :) i arrived at about quater past 9... and it was packed, so try be there at least one hour before hand. :D

Yeh the animation is still the same :) The dance isnt long... its very very fast.. so expect to be on the ball with that, the trouble i had is that i couldn't see the choreographer at the front, and i would say that dance is my strong point... and i struggled.. so try and get to the front as much as you can and make sure that anything your not sure of.. ask!!! :)

I know everyone sounds like a broken record... but Smile all the time till your cheeks hurt!!!! because even if you go wrong in the dance... if your smiling!!! Extra Browine Points. lol

I wish you all the best!! and let us know how it goes.!! anything else you wanna know just ask :)

Sophiebelle
xxx

CharlottexBelle

Quote from: "lostinawonderland"So many congratulations Smallblond and SophieBelle!!!!  That's amazing news!

I've been following this thread for a little while, and my friend and I are attending the London audition this thursday and were wondering if you could give us any advice from your experience today at the Leeds audition?

Was the animation sequence still cowboy-pirate-dwarf-villain-princess-yourself?

What sort of things does the dance consist of, and is it terribly long?

Many, many thanks!

I'm going on thursday too! Can i meet up with you guys maybe as i will be on my own and need someone to talk to!
Add me on facebook: Charlotte Annabelle Hobson

I'm sooooo nervous, but hopefully we can help each other! :)

carrie-ann

hey ya guys well done for getting through in leeds! im going tomorrow too, soooo nervous!! ive got work this afternoon and i think im gonna have a bit of a mad afternoon as im so hyped up but freeking out at the same time!! been watching pirates of the caribbean this morning though trying to get some hints for some of the animation part. im quite nervous about the dance bit coz even though i have done quite a bit of dancing im uber short and am really worried im never gonna see a thing going on! if any one is going thursday and wants to add me on facebook my name is carrie-ann sudder, im gonna be on my own so some company would be brill and would def help the nerves! thanks!!! x