Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfectlovesong

hmm, how often do auditions come up? what times of year do they normally audition?

SophieD

Does anyone know if you can audition for other parks whilst working at Disneyland Paris. I've heard of some people auditioning for Tokyo.. but is there any opportunities for the American Parks or Hong Kong?? :D
Thanks xxxx
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Chiyo

OH, that are sad news, LuckyMagic....
I hope you will get in at the audition. What do you think, you will get the job I wanted to have at audtion, and I'll take the job the recruitment sessions? :)

What position got your boyfriend? I've heard here, that they put the people without french (or at least less french) into food and beverage.

Yeah, your're absolutely right: Sometimes you have to fight for your dreams, but they are worth it - believe me ;)

If you need to know something about the audition, what you have to do there and so on, you can always ask me ;)

@perfectlovesong:
In Paris they're holding auditions two times a month. Don't know for UK, sorry.

@SophieD
You actually can audition while you are working in Disneyland, but the intern audition are very hard, and they don't take people very often, because Disneyland holds the audition and not Character and Parade Department. So Disneyland doesn't know, what C&P Department is looking for, and they don't want to do a mistake (They don't want to cause any problems with C&P Department).
As for the other auditions for other parks around the world I can give you the webadress from Disney Audition. They have all the dates for every audition everywhere:
http://corporate.disney.go.com/audition ... index.html
But I'm actually not sure, if you can audition. Maybe you have to check this with your leaders.

Greetings
Chiyo :)

perfectlovesong

2 times a month? wow. Are they listed on the website, cause I can't find them...

morgymoo182

Hi everyone!
I have an interview in Hammersmith on 3rd March for... well I'm not sure what for but it's not a character/parade type thing. I'd like to work in a hotel or boutique maybe.
Can anyone tell me what to expect on the day? Also, what the dress code is - should I go for 'officewear' or just dress smartly?

I'm hoping to do this as part of a residence abroad for university. I'm taking a break from my studies at the moment but they've said that they will accept it - that's why I really want a job where I have to use a lot of French.
I'd have to be home by a certain date so I don't miss the start of term - are they likely to look unkindly on this kind of thing?

I REALLY REALLY want to work at Disney :D.

Ooh also... do you find out if you have a job on the day? And how soon do you leave for Paris?

Chiyo

@perfectlovesong
No, the Paris auditions are not listed, cause they're private audition. You have to apply on the website, and then they will invite you per e-mail for the audition in Paris. They will give a date in that e-mail and explain the whole process.

@morgymoo182
I can't say much about the recruitment sessions yet, but I think, they will find out during the interview which role is the best for you. So you will go out and know what you're going to to at Disneyland :)
I would recommend that you dress "business like", cause it is a formal job interview.
But if anyone who already has been at the session knows it better, I would be happy for the corrections ;)

Probably they will do a little presentations about Disney, Disneyland and the jobs first, you will fill out forms and get your interview times. (It was like that at my interview for my job at Disneyworld  and I don't think it will be that much different)

Greetings
 Chiyo ^^

tinglebells

hi everybody,
I heard back from Noellie today and have been offered  a job as Opératrice/ Animatrice d'Attraction , i'm not actually sure what this is! Is this operating the rides?welcoming people to the rides? not really sure what to think about it tbh! also its a longer contract then i had discussed at the casting so does anybody know if it's easy to change the dates of a contract or is not possible?
hope everybody at the Hammersmith casting has got what they wanted :)

Chiyo

Congratulations tinglebells! I'm jealous, I want to join you. But I still have to wait for the dates for the german recruitment sessions ;)

Yeah, I think you will work mostly at the attractions, pushing the button to get it started, seat the guests in the vehicles and guide them to the right waiting lines.

And now I have to correct my information I gave before: Same like at my interview for Disneyworld you hear about a week after the interviews if you are hired and what role you have.

Or have you been on a waiting list, tinglebells?

WelshTink

I was at the hammersmith interview too! I'm going to be an 'Employé de restauration' :)
Does anyone know if I'll be placed in one specific restaurant, or if I moved around wherever is needed?

@tinglebells - will you be working easter or summer? I'm down for both, so I guess I will see you there!!

WelshTink

Quote from: "perfectlovesong"Thanks for the info Chiyo.

I would love to be a character, don't think have much chance as a face character as I'm Asian!

This is such a great thread!

Mulan? x

penquin

Hi everyone!

First, I have to say that english isn't my native language. So forgive me my english.  :)
But you can correct me if you want! :)

but, does anyone know what kind of accommondation there is for the workers?
how many of you have considered to rent own flat ? maybe in the middle of Paris city center and disney land?

Ziema

I attended to the casting in Copenhagen and I got an email that they "confirm our desire" to have me join the Parks. They will contact me mid-February or March for which job I got. I'm really excited, I really hope I get a job in boutiques as I wished for. My second wish was to work in Ticketing but apparently Swedish didn't count as the third European language required...
Two of my friends are going too, I'm sure it will be a great summer.
Does anyone know any blogs by cast members?

morgymoo182

How long after the interview do you generally have to leave for DLP? :D

Owain

Ahhh the thought of all this work in college is dawning over me and really makes me want to drop out. I havnt applied for university and was planning on staying in college for another year. But i turn 18 this wednesday and that is the age your aloud to work at DLP right?

Ive always wanted to work at the park but i feel like i dont fit any of the jobs, i can dance but im not a professional and dont think it would be up to disneys standards.
Major flaw is that i only speak english and no other language.

But is there still hope ? Thanks for any help !  :)

Chiyo

Hello Owain!

I've heard, that they also hire people who don't speak french. They get positions in food and beverage for example ( I guess food preparation), positions without direct guest contact.
But I would recommend to learn a little bit french - I know it's hard, but you will need it.
I'm doing the same at the moment.

Another possibility would be character performer at the Character & Parade Department... but that is Entertainment, and it's not so easy to get a job there, you never know, what they're looking for. But there you don't need any french at all.