Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meg55

hey, im going to the audition :), im really scared too lol x

Chiyo

Quote from: "Kat"Ooh, and if you're going to the audition, do you need to have an idea who you want to be, or is it better to let them recommend you...i havent a clue who i'd like to be...anyone really :) Eeeek, i'm so scared :S
Happy New Year xx

Hello Kat!

Welcome to the board! :)

You can't decide, who you are going to play... the decide it for you, depending on your height and if you look like a face character depending on your look.
So don't worry, you don't have to think about, who do you want to play ^^

And there's no reason to be scared. Actually  it's fun... just do what they say, put on your biggest smile and everything will be fine ^^.

For any hints or tips, you can read this board, there many reports about the audition, many hints and by reading this the time till your audition will fly away and you won't have any time anymore to be scared ;)

Mason Cooper

Hey guys! Long time no speak!!!

Firstly congratulations to everyone who got through the auditions, got offers places or are currently out there! Make sure you have fun!

So thought I'd explain myself and why I haven't been posting in such a long time...
So I'm still on the waiting list but think I'm content with the fact I won't be going out to Paris. But its all cool! I've just finished performing with The Royal Opera House on there new Opera "Ludd & Isis". I also have a priority audition with the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in 9 days!! So hopefully I'll be off to Drama School this September!

I hope everyone is okay! And Hi to all you new peeps!! :)

Mason :D xx

PS: Good luck to all who are auditioning, and have fun!! It's an amazingly fun audition! :)
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Kat

Hi Chiyo :)

Thanks for that, i'm just really nervous, plus what with going down to London by myself at rush hour :S but I'm sure I'll manage.

And Meg, we should think of one of those recognising-sign things so we can stick together when we get there, you going on the Thursday? :) at least i know its not just me whos nervous, i've never been to a real audition before :S I need to take a photo of myself too I guess, which will be hideously unattractive as i'm just coming out of tonsilitus and glandular fever  :| and i've accidentally dyed my hair red...the bottle said blonde! Haha, what a disaster.

xx

Chiyo

HI Kat!

Don't worry to go down to London at rush our - for my audition I went to Paris, and I've never been to Paris befor (except for Disneyland ;) ), don't speak french, but with some little complications I found my hostel and on the the of the audition I also found the place where we had to audition ^^"

So, don't think about it, everything will be fine :)

Just don't forget: Hakuna Matata! ;)

katybaby

Hi everyone :)

I am also going down to London on friday for the audition and I am terrified!! It makes me feel a bit better knowing other people are nervous too! I have never been to an audition like this before or of any kind for a while! I've got my hopes set on being Tinkerbell as I am only 5ft2!

By the posts on the forum it sounds like a fun day, but I just have a few questions if anyone can help! one of the things it says on the advert is to take a passport...My passport is out of date and I have sent away for a new one but because of the way the weather has been it hasnt came yet so I dont think I will have it in time...so I was thinkin of going anyway, taking my birth certificate & driving licence for ID and saying that I should have it any day now, do you think that will be ok or will it be a major issue to them?
Also a few people have mentioned a photograph...has this got to be a proffessional head shot or can this just be a normal photo??
I have never written out a resume for an audition either so if anyone can give me any pointers as to what to include that would be great!

I am travelling from newcastle so its quite a way! If anyone wants to meet prior to the audition let me know as this would definately put me at ease!

Katie x  :D

Kat

Awww Katie its such a shame you're going on the Friday I would have met you :/
With you on the coming a long way too, though mine isnt quite as far, travelling down from Manchester in my car to my aunties in Milton Keynes and then getting my train from there in the morning.
Not so sure about the pictures to be honest, the audition call i read (in the Stage) didnt mention a photo, just your CV which you can leave, comfortable clothes, your passport and a pen.
And i'm also not sure about the resume thing either :S havent done anything really theatrical professionally, only as part of my degree, so my CVs a bit bare...going to rewrite it and include more of what I did in my degree though, if thats any use to you, it probably isnt haha.
I dont think your passport should be a problem, i'd take other id as you said, and maybe your old one too, and just make it clear you are awaiting another one. There isnt much else you can do about it really.
I'm getting all my stuff organised today, since i'm driving to MK straight from work tomorrow :S
Eek, good luck petal, and anyone else going to auditions this week :)

Kat x

itslewis

Quote from: "katybaby"Hi everyone :)

I am also going down to London on friday for the audition and I am terrified!! It makes me feel a bit better knowing other people are nervous too! I have never been to an audition like this before or of any kind for a while! I've got my hopes set on being Tinkerbell as I am only 5ft2!

By the posts on the forum it sounds like a fun day, but I just have a few questions if anyone can help! one of the things it says on the advert is to take a passport...My passport is out of date and I have sent away for a new one but because of the way the weather has been it hasnt came yet so I dont think I will have it in time...so I was thinkin of going anyway, taking my birth certificate & driving licence for ID and saying that I should have it any day now, do you think that will be ok or will it be a major issue to them?
Also a few people have mentioned a photograph...has this got to be a proffessional head shot or can this just be a normal photo??
I have never written out a resume for an audition either so if anyone can give me any pointers as to what to include that would be great!

I am travelling from newcastle so its quite a way! If anyone wants to meet prior to the audition let me know as this would definately put me at ease!

Hello,

Dont worry too much about your passport, the amount of people that forgot theres! You will only need it on the day is if they offer you a contract there and then so that's why they ask for it. HOWEVER, I only needed my passport for when I signed my contract at Disney, and they made photocopies when I arrived. I would take some form of ID and your old passport just in case and contact Disney just to inform them.

They only need a basic photograph of your head and shoulders, so it doesn't matter if it isn't professional. They take another head shot of you if you make it through all the audition stages... yes when your all sweaty and messy and they use it on their files!!! BAD TIMES.

I can forward you my Resume if that helps? :)

Hope that helped,

Lewis.

Alfie

Quote from: "katybaby"Hi everyone :)

When I went, they didn't ask for the photo or passport. I offered them a seperate headshot even though it's also on my cv but they said to keep it and just took my cv then took a digital photo of us in wigs and make up and out of it.

Good luck guys!

DLP-Photos.com

Not that it would have any relevance for me at this time, but this exciting topic made me think, if there would be any character possibilities at all for a person of my height (2.04m)... When you go, all the characters seem quite small and with heights as low as 1.60 for toy soldiers the characters like Baloo and Sulley (who I though possible) is in doubt for me... :P

So long question short: What is the maximum height for characters and what characters are this?
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

katybaby

Thanks guys, thats really helped :)

I was really worried about the passport situation so I feel bit more relaxed now!

Lewis that would be great if you could do that thank you! heres my email address if ud rather email me - mailto:ohmygoditskt@hotmail.com">ohmygoditskt@hotmail.com.
How did u present your resume, just in a plastic wallet or something?

I am super nervous about friday, I'm gettin the coach from newcastle on thurs n staying in a hotel n going to audition fri - anyone else auditioning then?? ahh Kat thats a shame! good luck in your audition though!u will have to let us know how it goes!

Katie x

Chiyo

Ooooookay, here are some quick news from me: Got the e-mail today from Character and Parade Department and they invited me to audition on January the 26th in Paris!

Quite a short time but I think I will make it - I'm still worried about my bad dancings skills tough, but I'll try my best. Who knows what they are looking for this time :)

I guess I'll visit my mum the days before, so I will have a shorter way to Paris *smile*

But...but... but... I'm soooo fat right know, ate to much during that cold winter  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Good luck to the ones who are auditioning this Friday or on other days :)

tinker_fairy

Good luck to everyone auditioning! Make sure you let us know how it goes!
Chiyo, I'm pleased for you that you got an audition, you'll get there eventually, somehow! :)

xx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

Chiyo

Yeah, thanks tinker_fairy! Actually it's going to be my second audition - I didn't pass the first one.
But if I can have a little pixie dust from you, please, maybe this time it will work  ;)

itslewis

Quote from: "forza_united"Not that it would have any relevance for me at this time, but this exciting topic made me think, if there would be any character possibilities at all for a person of my height (2.04m)... When you go, all the characters seem quite small and with heights as low as 1.60 for toy soldiers the characters like Baloo and Sulley (who I though possible) is in doubt for me... :P

So long question short: What is the maximum height for characters and what characters are this?

The tallest 'I Think' is 6ft 6.. or somewhere around that. There were a couple of guys who did chewbacca when I was over at DLP, but they go home this week so its only for the end of Halloween, and through the Christmas season! You never know what heights they need so still go and audition.