Indirect Eurostar - where do I get tickets etc?

Started by abismummy, December 18, 2015, 10:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abismummy

Hi we are changing at Lille this time so wondered if we still get tickets and meal vouchers etc on the train? Or when we get to the hotel? x

stifle

You will get your park tickets and any relevant vouchers when you check into your hotel.

NB: You must collect your Eurostar tickets in person at a Eurostar station as if you are changing at Lille onto an SNCF service or vice-versa it is not possible to print your tickets at home or use e-tickets. For this you will need the credit or debit card you booked with as well as your booking reference. Allow extra time. A friend of mine nearly came a cropper with a Eurostar booking a couple of months ago because he had forgotten the debit card he used for booking. In the event, as he was going on a direct Eurostar service, it was possible for him to download mobile tickets onto Passbook.

abismummy

Thank you. Luckily we are going straight to the hotel to eat so that wont be a problem.

I will print out the paperwork for Eurostar and think you pop the number and your card in a machine. I have done this before to collect train tickets so hopefully it will be similar. Last time I went to the ticket office to pick them up but was a direct train.

stifle

Ok great. The other thing to note is that on your way back you should go straight from your SNCF train to the Eurostar check-in at Lille as there can be queues for security and immigration.

boverington

I'm doing the indirect from Ashford in a couple of weeks. I assume I can get the tickets from the machine at the station as the desk is not always open that early.

stifle

Quote from: boverington on December 26, 2015, 07:49:48 PM
I'm doing the indirect from Ashford in a couple of weeks. I assume I can get the tickets from the machine at the station as the desk is not always open that early.

Yes you can do that. Naturally you need to use the Eurostar machine and not the Southeastern machines to collect your tickets.

As mentioned above it is essential that you have the credit or debit card you booked with.