Is meeting Jack Skellington more popular in America?

Started by sunshine1, December 15, 2015, 12:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine1

I hear stories of people queuing up to a couple of hours to meet him in America but at DLP the line was very short.

He a great character to meet.

msRavenswood

It really is a shame because Jack is so awesome! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's the Japanese who go completely bonkers about all things Tim Burton, especially TNBC! I really envy them for having TNBC overlay at the Haunted Mansion!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Just because the queue was short when you saw him, doesn't mean he's not popular at Disneyland Paris.
In fact, he's actually extremely popular at Disneyland Paris.
That's why his merchandise is the only Halloween merchandise that is being sold at the park all year round.
Two hour queues for Jack Skellington are pretty normal at the Paris park.
However I saw that you went last week, which was very quite time in general. That's every year.
So yes, that also means that the queue times are a lot lower. Logical.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

sunshine1

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 15, 2015, 09:09:13 AM
Just because the queue was short when you saw him, doesn't mean he's not popular at Disneyland Paris.
In fact, he's actually extremely popular at Disneyland Paris.
That's why his merchandise is the only Halloween merchandise that is being sold at the park all year round.
Two hour queues for Jack Skellington are pretty normal at the Paris park.
However I saw that you went last week, which was very quite time in general. That's every year.
So yes, that also means that the queue times are a lot lower. Logical.

The queue times were insane for the furrie characters in main street maybe as his meet and greet was out of the way near haunted mansion that there were less people.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: sunshine1 on December 15, 2015, 10:20:42 AM
The queue times were insane for the furrie characters in main street maybe as his meet and greet was out of the way near haunted mansion that there were less people.

The queues for those characters are always long, even if the park is dead quite.
So that doesn't say anything. Jack Skellington is also at DLP a very popular character.

(BTW we don't have Haunted Mansion, we have Phantom Manor. Two different rides with two different stories)
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

NT_81

Is it correct that he is only at DLP during Halloween or Christmas activities?
Big fan here and I think I won't get to see him in April next year...
Next visit: June 2017 - Santa Fe

DLP April 2016 - Santa Fe
DLP May 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP 1997

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: NT_81 on December 15, 2015, 11:22:31 AM

Correct. During Halloween he is just Jack Skellington and during Christmas he wears his Sandy Claws costume.
He is not around the rest of the year.
April is Swing Into Spring, which hosts other characters.

NT_81

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 15, 2015, 11:47:27 AM
Quote from: NT_81 on December 15, 2015, 11:22:31 AM

Correct. During Halloween he is just Jack Skellington and during Christmas he wears his Sandy Claws costume.
He is not around the rest of the year.
April is Swing Into Spring, which hosts other characters.

Thanks! Now I won't feel bad when I don't find him in April. Will have to go back during Halloween of Christmas then! :D
Next visit: June 2017 - Santa Fe

DLP April 2016 - Santa Fe
DLP May 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP 1997

arvidbux

I saw huge lines at DLP and DLR for Jack. Best tip though is to go early in the morning. We did that two weeks ago and we were the first ones taking a picture with him. After that we did Phantom Manor and the line was still reasonable for Jack.

wimmekepunk

He might be more/less or just as popular in America than over here.

Fact is that he is a lot harder to catch at Walt Disney World where he only does meets during special ticket events.He can be met during normal hours at Halloween and Christmas in Disneyland Paris.
feb2020 WDW Pop Century+Boardwalk
sep2019 DLP offsite
sep2019 DLP Sequoia
may2019 DLP Sequoia
apr2019 DLR offsite
dec2018 WDW Pop Century+Old Key West
oct2018 DLP Sequoia
jun2018 DLP Sequoia
apr2018 DLP Sequoia
sep2017 DLP Off Site
jan 2017 DLP Sequoia
oct 2016 DLP Sequoia