Sharing a room with small children

Started by Mafooouk, December 04, 2015, 12:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mafooouk

Hello
      I have been going to Disneyland for about 10 years and last year was the first that I went with my partner our son and my step daughter, it was quite boring in the evenings turning the lights off and either going to sleep or sitting in the dark, as they are 1 and 4 they were tired by about 7 (normal bed time). We are staying on sequoia lodge again and I'm toying with the idea of an additional room which is connected, I'm not Even sure if they have these? If so is the price high? Are suites better? I'd only really want to stay in sequoia or above and was wondering on people's thoughts and past experiences?

Thanks

stifle

You can get adjoining rooms if you like; the price is the same as booking two rooms separately (so you would in effect be paying for two rooms each with one adult and one child guest).

I haven't ever tried any suites so can't comment on that aspect.

Slimy yet satisfying

If you want connecting room I advise you to book early and then email the hotel directly a week before you go just to remind them. Best value as Stifle says is to book for 1 adult and 1 child in each room, the ages of your kids means they are likely to be free all year round. We usually stay offsite now as we found that it was nicer to have a separate lounge area to relax in once the younger kids were asleep, but if you cant manage that 2 rooms will be a great help...so will the extra shower! We find that Santa fe accommodation is great with each room having 2 double beds and the connecting door open just a bit to keep an ear on them. Have a great trip.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

haribosmum

we stayed in a connecting room in the Hotel New York.  We had two separate bookings and asked to be close by and they gave us next door which was perfect as one room had 3 adults, 1 child, 1 infant and the other 2 adults and 1 child.  In the end my daughter slept next door with her cousin and I could see her through the open connecting door :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Lavi

I think you will have to pay a "single" suplement for both rooms.

Our toddler slept in her buggy during the day in the parks, we were in the room at about 9 PM and by 10 almost all of us were asleep. We got up in the morning at 6:30 to catch the 7:00 for breakfast and EMH from 8:00