Official Trip Report 17th-21st November 2015 DAY 4 AND PHOTOS NOW ADDED!!!

Started by Ohana, November 23, 2015, 02:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Wow I am so sorry this is taking as long as it is, Christmas is extremely busy especially when I'm working all around it too. No rest for the wicked! But in a way it's nice because I now get to spend my night shift break regailing events of Disneyland past  ;D So where are we now? Hmm, day 4! So this is Friday the 20th and it's our penultimate day (and final full day) in the parks, boo hiss boo!

So today we woke up at our usual time, and were set to go to Cafe Mickey for breakfast, woohoo! Of course in grand Hayley-style, I delayed us and we ended up having a bit of a rush to the village to make our reservation. The food at this breakfast was amazing, I loved the bacon and ended up having an obscene amount... infact I just had an obscene amount of food in general. The queue for the food was insane, so long, and I was quite cranky and hungry, so I was getting irked at how long it was taking people to fill up their plates, haha! But eventually we sat down with our food mountains, and not long after, we were joined by an array of characters, many of whom seemed intent on smuggling our pastries! It was a really fun, if extremely hectic, experience. I loved being able to sit with the characters. The only problem here is it can take ages to finally meet characters as they have a lot of families to see - don't come here for breakfast and expect to have a large amount of extra magic hours left!

So anyway, once we got to the park, we ambled around a bit during EMH, waiting for the studios to open, as we wanted to spend a proper amount of time there today. Our first port of call was the Buzz Lightyear meet and greet, although Pluto was also doing one right next to Buzz's spot, so I got Tom to hold my place in the Buzz queue and took myself off to Pluto who had a total of zero people waiting in line for him. More photos for my photopass plus! However I was most excited to meet Buzz, and when his little announcement played, I felt a pang of childlike excitement in my tummy! The meet was fun, as we did superhero poses together and I got a very plasticy hug off him at the end, haha! After this we decided to get fast passes for Tower of Terror, A. because it was a 30 minute wait and B. because we fancied trying out the fast pass system at least once on our trip! Our passes were for between 12.20 and 12.50, which gave us a good amount of time to wander off and do other stuff first. I made the decison (to Tom's dismay) to try out Rock n Rollercoaster. The interior for this was awesome, and we lost our place a bit in line by sticking around and admiring all the memorabilia. I got particularly excited at a John Lennon guitar and a poster of The Who! The ride itself was amazing too. I loved the G forces speed, bright lights and twisty loops - all of this paired with the soundtrack blaring in my ears made for an amazing experience. Tom, however, did not feel the same. I apologised after the ride and said I didn't even realise there were 360 loops on this ride, to which he replied 'There's a loop on the ride's logo!!!' haha. Oh yeah... so there is... ah well.

To pacify Tom we went to a restaurant to get him a coffee to calm his nerves - and a coke and paracetamol to calm my headache which had suddenly thumped its way into my life. During this time we had a count up of all our euros and worked out how much money we had left to spend on our (my) shopping spree that evening - we were pleasently surprised. Once we'd finished our drinks, we went off to meet Spiderman. I hadn't initially been interested in this at the start of the trip but I found myself getting quite giddy in the queue. Spiderman did not disappoint. It was nice as he was a talking character, but I didn't have to see his face so it wasn't awkward. And he was extremely hunky. I made it no secret to Tom that I planned on running off and having a secret fling with him, haha! I also used my meet with Spiderman as an opportunity to show off my Fallout 4 Vault 111 t-shirt, and we got a photo of our backs to show this :)

Once that excitement was over,we took a few more photos, then went off to Tower of Terror. So excited by this point, but also extremely apprehensive as we had no idea how scary this was going to be. In the queue I found the wimpy side of me trying to break free, and a big part of me was telling me to leave the ride, however we are both so glad we didn't listen to our gut feelings; this ride is amazing! Definitely one of my top 3 of the trip. Not at all scary, just really funny. It was even more amusing when it was dead quiet on the ride, and on the first drop tom just shouted 'AAAAHHH', whilst everyone else remained silent. And our faces on the photo are priceless. The picture of pure happiness. We also had a bit of silliness in the shop, trying on hats. I have to say there was a lot of merchandise in this shop that can't really be found anywhere else, so it was quite fun browsing all of this.

Our next port of call was Art of Animation. This way exceeded my expectations, the first show was so emotional I had to try my best to hold back my tears! The second half was funny, but it was a bit difficult to hear, and required all of my concentration as I was trying to listen to the English version over the headset, but could still hear the French version over the top. Oh well, still fun! And the icing on the top was the interactive section at the very end. I met Mary Poppins, Bert, Mr Smee and Peter Pan again in this section. I have to say I was so pleased about Mary Poppins and Bert, that pretty much made my day! I then decided to do some browsing in the little gift shop - I was really excited for this shop as I had heard that they sell really nice ornaments. Tom then came to inform me that Captain Hook had appeared, so I took myself off to meet him. Yet another glorious character interaction, made even more great as I had been yearning to meet at least on villain on my visit, and Hook is a fun one to meet! He took a profound interest in my minnie ears, and kept dropping my autograph book and pen haha!

After this I took myself back off to the shop where I found the most awesome photo frame ever! I hadn't expected to buy a photoframe on my visit, however this was exceptional. I shall post a photo of it later on, but let's just say it includes the castle AND sorcerer mickey on it! :D Once I'd got my lovely frame all boxed up, Tom decided he wanted to go back to the hotel to change his wet clothes. This went against my wishes however I obliged. We got an earl of sandwich lunch with some Maccies fries thrown in for good measure. We also bought an Earl of Sandwich chocolate pudding which was extremely yummy! I was actually quite glad we'd gone back to the hotel after all, as it was nice just to break the day up a bit, and have a chillax. Plus it was nice to recharge my phone a bit and put a warm jumper on. We took a leisurely stroll back to the parks, nipping to the lobby and shop to take some photos on the way (that shop holds a special place in my heart as it was literally the first place we went once we'd unpacked our stuff, it's where I got my ears and where the magic started, so I wanted photos to bring back those memories). Once we got back to the parks (we were now staying in Disneyland Parc) we had another go on POTC and had a wander around the lands, admiring the view. Adventure Isle was particularly stunning in the twilight - we could see the glimmering beacon of hope which is the castle, glittering on ahead, we could smell the fresh air, and the sight of the many Christmas lights draped around peoples' necks added even more magic to the feeling. Our second ride on POTC was definitely the best. It was just so relaxed gliding across the water, in the cosy backdrop, the soothing music, and the non-scary drops inbetween. Cannot wait to ride this one again during our trip in May! We also got a hilarious photo on this go - infact pretty much all of the people in our boat were pulling funny faces. Good team!

We then decided to take one last look at fantasyland in the dark, before it closed in preparation for Dreams. We fancied a go on Casey Jr but sadly it had closed at 5pm. Oh well, just something to do on our next trip! Gives us a reason to return (like we even need one!). We then realised Magic on Parade was occuring, and I really wanted to see it one last time before we left. We only caught a snippet of it, but it was enough to satisfy my needs, and we saw the best float - the Mickey and co. float. I was satisfied. I'm a bit foggy on exactly what we did next, but I think it involved looking around some of the main street shops, and watching the tree lighting before Dreams. We also got a hot chocolate and muffin to have during dreams to warm ourselves up. I got the souvenir mug for us to share, which I have no regrets about as this travel mug has already made one trip to the doctors less miserable since getting back! :) I cried an awful lot during our last viewing of Dreams. Partly because it's just an insanely emotional show anyway, but mostly because this was it. Our last night in Disneyland Paris and I was truly devastated at the thought of going back 'home' the following day. Tom comforted me and said we still had tomorrow, and lots of shopping to do tonight, which made me feel ever so slightly better. We had one last wander around Main street shops, looking at some of the cute toys, before going off to the Village.

When there, we first went to World of Disney. I got several things there including a DLP calendar, some pens, my photo album, and a lovely DLP mug. We then visited the Disney Store, where I got my sorcerer mickey and a biscuit tin which I planned to store all my memories in, such as tickets, fast passes, maps, etc. Our last port of call was the ornament shop. I spent a long time in here deliberating over a Jessica Rabbit or a Chip N Dale climbing the Eiffel Tower. I initally went for Jessica rabbit but soon changed my mind and ended up going for Chip and Dale instead - which I'm glad about, I'd have regretted not getting that one, especially since it was of the Eiffel Tower - definitely a DLP exclusive!

We then went back to the hotel, put our bags in our room, and went off to the bar for a last couple of glowtinis (sob!!) Once we were tucked up in bed, I managed to find Hannah Montana on the TV, which I was over the moon about, AND it was (somehow) an episode I'd not seen before. Bonus!

I will conclude this trip report ASAP and get the photos posted as quickly as I can! Thanks for reading guys hope you enjoyed!!! :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

sophstar007

I am loving this trip report...I feel like I've done all of this with you!!! Super excited to see all your photos  :D

Ohana

So here I am finally going to post the photos. This has taken forever for me to pull my finger out, mainly because for some reason all the systems holding my photos have decided to jumble them all up so now I'm searching through countless pages on photobucket trying to find photos for corresponding days. Also I missed out my trip to the innards of the castle in my day 3 trip report so the photos will tell this story - basically it was really pretty and we really enjoyed the art, and climbing to the top to overlook Fantasyland :)

Bigger breakfast today!

Hyacinth Hippo! I love Fantasia :D

Meeting my 2 new best friends :)

Yummy yummy! Although the biscuits were nicer, the marshmallow was too sugary for liking

Beautiful stained glass, I'll have some in my house please! :)

Atop the beautiful castle :)

Fantasyland <3

Outside Auberge de Cendrillon (the food smelled amazing even early on!)

Angry clog guard

Snow White ride :)

"So very British"

First glimpses of the studios, shame about the rain, but it didn't stop me admiring the scenery and getting photos!

Gutted that it's no longer a fountain but glad I got to see it in its better form.

The Boss and his Boss! <3

A selection of police cars on the Studio Tram Tour. The ride stopped for a little while and there was this amazing music playing that just made me feel so happy!

After ages of deliberating, we finally decided to make the trek back to the main park for a Casey's hotdog, yummy!

***** SOME PHOTOS FROM DAY 3 NOT READY YET, WILL UPLOAD LATER! *****

Santa's Sleigh

Water tower and Christmas tree light

Photo does not do it justice, Toon Studios at night

Chilling with drinks - *finally!* thought Tom!

Pina Colada, yummy!

Sports Bar, amazing place :)

First plate at Inventions, before the excitement got to me and I started acting silly

Goofy!!!!!!

Tigger :)

Started getting less hungry and more silly haha

Me and a real boy :)

The happiest face I've probably ever pulled, haha!

Eeyore kept teasing me

Our mirror selfie :)

Dignified photo lol

Geppetto :)

Group pic #1

Group pic #2 (amazing!!!)

(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Ohana

Day 4! We're getting there, kids!

Big yummy breakfast, donning my awesome Fallout 4 Vault 111 shirt :D

Tom and Pluto

Goofy making me laugh - one of my favourite photos, this is my phone lock screen background lol

Dale cuddles

Team selfie!

<3

Rainy EMH castle selfie

This was highly emotional.

In all his plastic goodness

Closest as I'm gonna get to Hollywood for a good few years at least, haha!

My fave!

Got a bit too excited on seeing this Who poster :D

Rock N Rollercoaster, one word: Incredible!

Big buff Spiderman :D

Loving the Corsas, haha!

ARGH, MAN!

Cuddles with Mr Smee :)

Silliness!

Peter Pan selfie :3

Hook!

Back to our hotel room for a 'light lunch' (we were so stuffed we didn't even have any tea!)

Hotel shop :)

Such artsy

HNY

Our last viewing of Magic on Parade :(

Pre-dreams fuel, right before I burned my tongue, then started inconsolably crying due to it being our last night.

Two glowtinis, to numb the pain. Looking extremely tired here - had just done a lot of shopping, plus crying always makes me tired haha!

Home

Oh dear...

Our beds. With added lovely plushies <3

Watching Hannah Montana whilst uploading photos to laptop!

(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

DisneyM79

absolutely loving reading your trip report! but i can't view the pics for some reason?  :'( :'( :'(
'Have Courage and Be Kind'