Fixing the Walt Disney Studios Park SPECULATION

Started by mrpiggywinkles52, November 19, 2015, 06:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

I disagree a little, that stretch to the Trams has never really been the best part of the park. Admittedly they improved it when they added the placemaking but still it needs work.

However, you're right, if they removed the Tram completely (Canyon et al) and added Hollywood Blvd., we'd be looking at a construction fence for 18 months. Not something you want to see when you leave Studio 1. We had enough of that when they built the Tower.

Or on the other hand, is it really worth adding something all the way down there, even if temporarily? Why not just block off the entire area and have the fences go from Le Terrasse to the Animation Building. And in time honoured WDS style, just slap a 'Hot Set' sign on the construction fence. (Apologies for the cynicism.)

Its a shame they're not adding something already, say in that area next to between the TV building and Studio 2, that could at least add capacity ready for something like the removal of the Tour.

Even if it was a temporary meet'n'greet area either like the new Star Wars one in Disneyland or perhaps a Marvel one. Its not like they're opposed to doing that at DLRP - just look at the Frozen area.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on November 23, 2015, 07:02:05 PM
I disagree a little, that stretch to the Trams has never really been the best part of the park. Admittedly they improved it when they added the placemaking but still it needs work.

However, you're right, if they removed the Tram completely (Canyon et al) and added Hollywood Blvd., we'd be looking at a construction fence for 18 months. Not something you want to see when you leave Studio 1. We had enough of that when they built the Tower.

Or on the other hand, is it really worth adding something all the way down there, even if temporarily? Why not just block off the entire area and have the fences go from Le Terrasse to the Animation Building. And in time honoured WDS style, just slap a 'Hot Set' sign on the construction fence. (Apologies for the cynicism.)

Its a shame they're not adding something already, say in that area next to between the TV building and Studio 2, that could at least add capacity ready for something like the removal of the Tour.

Even if it was a temporary meet'n'greet area either like the new Star Wars one in Disneyland or perhaps a Marvel one. Its not like they're opposed to doing that at DLRP - just look at the Frozen area.

Well everyone has their opinions! I was referring to the general area when you exit Studio One, the big courtyard with the partners statue is stunning to me and I think taking away tram tour and replacing it with nothing would ruin that view. However I'd be OK with a temporary green fence there whilst they made Hollywood Boulevard.

Looking at maps there I think you are right that there is a possibility, but I assume the issue is Budget like everything else that holds back DLP. There isn't a massive amount of space, not enough for an entire attraction or show unless its an off the shelf flat ride like Flying carpets, and I don't think that kind of ride is right for that area, if we're talking about Meet n' Greets I'd suggest putting those in Backlot. That way they don't need to construct an entire building, just a plaza or gazebo type of thing themed and with some characters to brighten the place up. To brighten that area up though near the TV building though I'd suggest as a temporary fix moving the food truck, theming it to something and then putting some seats near it for a somewhat themed and temporary eating area, which the Studios could always use more of.

What would you like to see for the next big expansion to the Studios, by that I mean the next new land, what would you prefer it to be? For me personally it'd be retheming the Backlot to a marvel area or either using the Backlot or new land for a mini Star Wars land, we'd never get something akin to the states but we could get something I'm sure, it sucks to have the new movies and 0 representation in DLP apart from a few new Star Tours scenes, we couldn't even get Hyperspace Mountain, Path of the Jedi or Launch Bay because we decided we were having the Star Wars Nights so late.

Rocketeer

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on November 23, 2015, 07:58:20 PM
Well everyone has their opinions! I was referring to the general area when you exit Studio One, the big courtyard with the partners statue is stunning to me and I think taking away tram tour and replacing it with nothing would ruin that view. However I'd be OK with a temporary green fence there whilst they made Hollywood Boulevard.
Ah my mistake then. I thought you meant the area where the Tram entrance is.  :-[ That area just outside Studio 1 is fine, I agree. Its always been ok, but only got better with those buildings in front of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Imagine if that kept going further along and past where the Tram Tour currently is. The only issue is that its got to lead to something, I don't think we all want to walk down a path just to find out that there's no attraction. haha

Looking at maps there I think you are right that there is a possibility, but I assume the issue is Budget like everything else that holds back DLP. There isn't a massive amount of space, not enough for an entire attraction or show unless its an off the shelf flat ride like Flying carpets, and I don't think that kind of ride is right for that area, if we're talking about Meet n' Greets I'd suggest putting those in Backlot. That way they don't need to construct an entire building, just a plaza or gazebo type of thing themed and with some characters to brighten the place up.
That could work, they could also add it to the expansion pad that's in Production Courtyard. (Next to Cinemagique) OK so it doesn't fit the land name, but neither does the Stitch attraction.

I can't expect them to recreate the Throne Room of Asgard (like Disneyland) but it'd need to be something more than a character in front of a promotional poster.

What would you like to see for the next big expansion to the Studios, by that I mean the next new land, what would you prefer it to be? For me personally it'd be retheming the Backlot to a marvel area or either using the Backlot or new land for a mini Star Wars land, we'd never get something akin to the states but we could get something I'm sure, it sucks to have the new movies and 0 representation in DLP apart from a few new Star Tours scenes, we couldn't even get Hyperspace Mountain, Path of the Jedi or Launch Bay because we decided we were having the Star Wars Nights so late.
I guess Star Wars' de facto home will be in Discoveryland, which is a shame in some ways. There's so much more space in the Studios. Or can you have Star Wars attractions in both parks?

However, Marvel is perfect for WDS. In fact nearly all of the Backlot could be encompassed into Marvel Land. And then still have room to expand behind RnRc.

Further down the line, Hollywood Blvd. would then have a side street leading to Marvel Land. (And likewise into "Pixar Place"/Toon Studio.)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: polar vixen on November 22, 2015, 07:03:01 PM
I'd miss it.  I think it's always exciting especially for the kids ir could just do with a change up occasionally
I think they should keep Herbie splitting in half but if they were to make any changes, it would be fun to see it made more in the vein of Clarkson, Hammond and May Top Gear (which was pretty much a stunt show anyway). Have challenges that have to be fulfilled alongside the stunts maybe.

A&S&O

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on November 24, 2015, 12:43:06 PM
I'd miss it.  I think it's always exciting especially for the kids ir could just do with a change up occasionally
I think they should keep Herbie splitting in half but if they were to make any changes, it would be fun to see it made more in the vein of Clarkson, Hammond and May Top Gear (which was pretty much a stunt show anyway). Have challenges that have to be fulfilled alongside the stunts maybe.

I don't think Herbie has been in the show for a while. He was replaced by Lightning McQueen.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: A&S&O on November 24, 2015, 12:51:22 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on November 24, 2015, 12:43:06 PM

I don't think Herbie has been in the show for a while. He was replaced by Lightning McQueen.
That's stupid. Herbie was the best part.

YenSidBot

I personally think that the front lot is fine along with studio 1. I think that they should retheme Toon Studios to Pixar Studios and replace Animagique with a clone of the Monsters Inc Dark Ride in DCA and the flying carpets to The Good Dinosaur or Maybe even Inside Out , And finally add Toy Story Mania to TSPL. Over in Production Courtyard I would add some nice theming and also a Meet N Greet Building to house the Disney Fairies or Seasonal Characters. I would completely scrap the Tram Tour , I love the ride itself its just limiting the studios expansion overall. I would build a full Hollywood Blvrd and have The Great Movie Ride placed right at the end of the street , I would rethem the animation building to fit in with its hollywood surroundings . Meanwhile for the Backlot I would do an overhaul to Marvel Properties as many people have said , Retheme Rock N Roller Coaster To Spiderman , Make Armageddon into A Marvel Meet N Greet Building , Scrap The Stunt Show , Add An Avengers ride and a Captain America Training Camp (A playground for kids) Build A new theatre to house A Guardians of The Galaxy Stunt Or Xmen Stunt Show ( Im building an indoor stunt show as it would allow for more specialized stunts that the outdoor one currently doesnt because of paris weather) . I would also introduce A parade to the park and A Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Season , during this halloween season oogie boogie , jack & sally would meet guests and Cinemagique would host A nightmare before Christmas Musical . Hopefully with the wdc now being majority shareholders of DLRP we can have alot more to be hopeful about
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

rebecca20

Even though I love cars generally, Moteurs bores me! Maybe it's because we used to go every year and see it but now I just use the time to catch up on emails. I think they need to change the structure as it literally is the same as when it opened, minus the Cars theming but thats all of 2 minutes. Saying that it does make the park quieter!

Stitch is my favourite character but I don't like Stitch Live or Disney Junior. The only thing that saves that area is Rock n Rollercoaster.

I feel like they need to actually do more market research to see what guests would like to see or plough 90% of the budget into the Backlot!

P.s. What always confuses me is that at Universal (Florida) there's a Hulk coaster and Spiderman experience, yet they are Marvel. Always find it strange - I know it's technically not DLP related but someone mentioned Marvel Land and I wondered how Universal managed to keep the theming unless Disney has given them permission. Maybe we could see Armageddon change into the Spiderman 3d experience like at Universal? They are both indoor...
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

norhel

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 27, 2015, 09:02:11 PM

P.s. What always confuses me is that at Universal (Florida) there's a Hulk coaster and Spiderman experience, yet they are Marvel. Always find it strange

I think I heard someplace that Universal had the rights to those attractions before Disney bought Marvel.
But don't quote me on that.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Rocketeer

Quote from: AaronKing on November 27, 2015, 08:56:44 PM
I personally think that the front lot is fine along with studio 1. I think that they should retheme Toon Studios to Pixar Studios and replace Animagique with a clone of the Monsters Inc Dark Ride in DCA and the flying carpets to The Good Dinosaur or Maybe even Inside Out , And finally add Toy Story Mania to TSPL. Over in Production Courtyard I would add some nice theming and also a Meet N Greet Building to house the Disney Fairies or Seasonal Characters. I would completely scrap the Tram Tour , I love the ride itself its just limiting the studios expansion overall. I would build a full Hollywood Blvrd and have The Great Movie Ride placed right at the end of the street , I would rethem the animation building to fit in with its hollywood surroundings . Meanwhile for the Backlot I would do an overhaul to Marvel Properties as many people have said , Retheme Rock N Roller Coaster To Spiderman , Make Armageddon into A Marvel Meet N Greet Building , Scrap The Stunt Show , Add An Avengers ride and a Captain America Training Camp (A playground for kids) Build A new theatre to house A Guardians of The Galaxy Stunt Or Xmen Stunt Show ( Im building an indoor stunt show as it would allow for more specialized stunts that the outdoor one currently doesnt because of paris weather) . I would also introduce A parade to the park and A Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Season , during this halloween season oogie boogie , jack & sally would meet guests and Cinemagique would host A nightmare before Christmas Musical . Hopefully with the wdc now being majority shareholders of DLRP we can have alot more to be hopeful about
I'm liking a lot of that. What about having Monsters Inc. Ride and Boo Seek (TDL) instead of Midway Mania? It's virtually the same attraction, and then they could add another attraction to Playland.

Only snag would be that the building for Ride and Boo Seek is huge - it probably wouldn't fit in Studio 3.

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 27, 2015, 09:02:11 PM
I think they need to change the structure as it literally is the same as when it opened, minus the Cars theming but thats all of 2 minutes. Saying that it does make the park quieter!
They ought to look into doing some sort of night time show on the Moteurs stage. They already use projection tech on the Castle, so they could do the same with all that wall space that's there.

Something along the lines of an updated version of Disney Hollywood Studios 'Sorcery in the Sky' would be awesome.

Quote from: norhel on November 28, 2015, 07:14:05 AM
I think I heard someplace that Universal had the rights to those attractions before Disney bought Marvel.
But don't quote me on that.
Correct. Universal own the east coast theme park rights to Marvel. That's why there are no attractions, meet'n'greets or even merchandise (ie. Cap or Spiderman) allowed in WDW (Guardians of the Galaxy is classed differently). However they can do that on the west coast. Hence why they have Thor meet'n'greet for example.

Its believed that the cost of buying the contract out would be to prohibitive.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: AaronKing on November 27, 2015, 08:56:44 PM
The last thing the park needs is to lose shows so Animagique and Moteurs definitely shouldn't go. Also: if you get rid of the Tram Tour then there's literally no point to Walt Disney World being there.