We're here! (photos added)

Started by seraphelle, November 13, 2015, 06:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraphelle

I spoke with my boss this morning, and Air France. We have made the decision not to go early, but to stay extra. We're staying until Friday now, I just hope the parks do open on Wednesday.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

littlebitofpixiedust

That's great you made that decision I really hope they do and you get chance to enjoy the parks. How is it there? Are the hotels/Disney village managing well?

seraphelle

I'm in Val d'Europe so not sure about the hotels as I haven't been in one yet. Might try and go in Sequoia today to the bar, see what's going on. Village wasn't very busy last night and everything was open as normal. Pretty sure they'd turned the carols up on the speakers unless it was just because there were less people it seemed louder?

rebecca20

They are putting characters in Disney hotels so it might be worth going to one during the day - I know a CM who is 'friends' with Mickey / Minnie and is there today.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

seraphelle

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 15, 2015, 12:41:47 PM
They are putting characters in Disney hotels so it might be worth going to one during the day - I know a CM who is 'friends' with Mickey / Minnie and is there today.

Gotcha  ;) thanks mate x

seraphelle

Day 4

So yesterday we played games in the morning and then we went into Val d'Europe after lunch and had some Ben and Jerry's and a look around. Thankfully the sports store was open so managed to get swimming costumes for us all for €25! So that's tomorrow taken care off and possibly Tuesday too, my kids are real water babies and love a swim!
Bags are not only being checked upon entering the centre, but upon entering stores inside as well. We support this fully but it's amazing how many people we saw moaning about it. For God's sake it's for your own safety! Fools.
After this we headed to the hotels after the advice on here yesterday (bless you), we went to Sequoia first and saw Donald and Minnie,  then Tigger and Eeyore. They had face painting and balloon animals in the area to the right of the stairs and lots of kids seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Hubby fancied a drink (we do love the Sequoia bar) so I forced down a pina colada  ;) and then we popped into Hotel New York. I'd never seen this hotel inside and I think the theming is fabulous. Mickey and Minnie were in here, as were Mary Poppins and a penguin lol.
Then we wandered down to Sante Fe, and I'm so glad we did, it was Woody and Jessie, and they got everyone to sing happy birthday to the girls  :-* the Sante Fe was super busy in their kids area, and a lot of people seemed to be going / arriving too.
Next it was Cheyenne and we saw Stitch, Chip and Dale (who were handing out pain au chocolat to everyone). We had a lot of fun with them  ;D
After this we headed to rainforest cafe for some food. We saw a woman complaining as we were being seated (it was very quiet in there) but we had a wonderful meal so thankfully it wasn't a reflection of the place.
The kids had been saving their money for the 30% off for Dream AP holders in the studios that had been scheduled for Sunday, so as that clearly hadn't happened we let them spend a bit of their money. The little one bought a Stitch and the big one bought Angel.
We walked home from the village and had a game of Uno with the kids before bedtime.

Day 5

Today we are going in the hotel pool and to Ludwigs tonight. We've seen the news to say a lot of raids have taken place overnight and some people arrested, and that France have led some bombing in Syria. I'm surprised this has happened during the mourning period but can't say I blame them. Hopefully (forgive me if this sounds selfish)  this won't alter the plans for the Parks to open on Wednesday. We've used a lot of savings to stay here extra rather than go home when scheduled because I don't want the children to leave in fear, I want them to leave with good memories.

MotherKnowsBest!

Hi,

I'm glad you are making the most of a bad situation, but can as I ask as you've been around a lot of the hotels, what security is like getting into them?

We are due to go in a couple of days and I've changed my mind a million times and feeling today that we should cancel. Please don't take offence i feel awful for those who are in Disney now with the parks shut, but I had been hoping that security at the hotels would have restricted access only to those who are staying there?

March 2009  - Sequoia Lodge
November 2009 - DreamCastle
November 2010 -DreamCastle
November 2013 - DreamCastle
November 2014 - Disneyland Hotel
August 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
November 2015 - Disneyland Hotel
November 2016 - Newport Bay
November 2017 - Newport Bay

Mileto

Seraphelle! Thanks for writing, we think of you and all other forum member, being in DLP in the moment.
You had a good day yesterday - so many characters I haven't met!
And I think you are not selfish. You are there till Friday incl? Or am I wrong?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

rebecca20

Glad you got to meet some characters - I didn't realise quite how many they were putting in hotels. I've seen a lot of Thumper and Miss Bunny / Tiana in Sequoia too on instagram.

Also I've seen one or two photos of Elsa and Anna in DLH. Alice and White Rabbit have also been making appearances. Just an FYI for everyone in case the parks don't open. For the DLH characters are being placed both in the Lobby and near Inventions so do have a good look around.

EDIT:
As another update - didn't check my phone before my last message. CMs have been asked to go into the park today for 'meetings'. I don't know anything more but if I find out I'll let you know.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

seraphelle

Hiya, just a quickie before we head to the pool. Security in hotels is discreet but the presence is there for sure. It's not in your face but there are eyes everywhere.

Yes we have decided to stay until Friday evening. So fingers crossed we manage some park action before then.

We are going to try Newport bay and DLH either this evening or tomorrow, so I will report back RE characters when I've been xxx

julesk

So glad to hear your making the most of a heart breaking situation. Stay safe and Happy Birthday  :)

Ohana

I'm glad you've managed to turn your trip around, it sounds like people are still managing to keep spirits up and Disneyland sound to be doing a great deal for their guests!

I arrive tomorrow evening so may see you around! :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

littlebitofpixiedust

So glad your having a positive trip considering the parks are closed, and that Disney are giving the children some "magic!"

Fingers crossed the parks re-open as scheduled Wednesday I'm sure many, many guests will be thrilled. Your very lucky you were able to stay longer and have some time in the parks before returning home, I guess many others went home.

What a sad time it's been for all, I'm glad to read you say security has increased too I'm surprised people complain about this fact  ::) after these tragic events you'd think people would feel reassured rather than annoyed? I don't know.... Anyway enjoy your day today and look forward to tomorrow morning! I'm sure they'll be crowds eager to get in the parks and once again Disneyland Paris will create those happy memories for our children (& us big children!)

seraphelle

Day 5 continued
So yesterday we went to the Auchan and grabbed more food, and then went swimming in the hotel pool. We had the whole pool to ourselves! The kids had a great time so I'm glad we managed to find costumes the day before.
Afterwards we went to Ludwigs and had a meal, and we met two guys, Robin and Mikael, who are kitchen staff in Inventions but soon to go and work on Disney Cruises. They were so lovely, it was great meeting them and we ended up talking with them for about 2 hours!
After this the girls spent a little more of their money (baby pegasus and baby stitch) and we decided to see if we could go into DLH. We got to the gates and the CM couldn't speak very good English, so we struggled for a minute or two, he asked 'reservation?' and we said no, and I don't think he would have let us in. However, I got my AP out and showed him and he said ok and let us through.
In DLH we saw Mickey and Minnie, Smee and Goofy, and I got another Minnie hug  ;D
Then it was bus back to hotel (it had started raining or we would have walked), a quick game of Uno and bed.
Today we are heading to Newport bay and DLH again in the morning, before coming back to the hotel for a swim and an early night, keeping our fingers crossed all day that the Parks are open tomorrow.

Just an extra note on yesterday, military with guns are now by entrances to village, as are sniffer dogs. Bag checks are also more thorough. Still feel safe  :)

Mileto

Good morning, Seraphelle!

Ah, they are tightening the access to the different hotel? Good that you you had in mind showing the AP!

Wishing you a good day and hope it will go again!

Is it still raining today?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all